Seventy Seven Energy Employee Reviews

Good opportunity
E.O/Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TX 7806130 October 2017
If you don't mind making money or working long hours. Management is good. Lots of room to grow. This company had good training and safety ratings. Hard work in weather elements.
Pros
Paybenefits
Cons
outdoors
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OK28 July 2017
Great people, with few exceptions.

you are going to learn a lot related to the oilfield but not much else.

Depending on your position, they expect you to work a lot, nights, weekends, etc.
Pros
Lots of vendor-supplied meals
Cons
Poor communication by management
Productive and fun place to work
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  OKC, OK13 July 2017
I worked only part time here but as that I was very welcomed in the company with my coworkers and other. Great place to be apart of. Great staff and company. Very helpful in each task that was being asked to do. very active and moving place.
Payroll Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK29 June 2017
Awesome place to work for. Everyone very friendly and productive
assisting employees with questions regarding paycheck and interacting with management makes an enjoyable day. It's good to know that upper management interacts with employees
Pros
having restuarnt on site
Cons
no room for advancement
Growth
Active member in Ariba (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK11 May 2017
I have grown so much in the 3 years I have worked here. I have worked with a great Team of people who were willing to share their knowledge. The work schedule is amazing as well.
Excellent company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK2 May 2017
The company management has a progressive culture and is concerned about employee development. I would recommend this company to anyone as it is an excellent place to work.
Work Summary
SAP MM-PTP lead Consultant. (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK1 May 2017
Review Client IT emails for potential issues, internal IT meeting or meeting with client/user.

Learned ete procurement process in SAP Ariba. Lateral thinking, benefits of discussion for greater understanding.
Enjoyed every moment of workplace culture, client was eager to learn the process improvement and never enforced their views/approach on IT deliverable.
Analyzing the complex issues and discuss solution proposal.
Pros
A true family work place
Cons
No cons that I could think of.
Awful
Yard Hand (Former Employee) –  Ohio River Valley21 April 2017
If you want a life don't work here. It's ok for someone who is out of town and doesn't see their family on a daily basis. If you are a local person trying to get into the oil field, unless you are single and have no kids, stay away from this place. Not Family Oriented at all. I was told numerous times, we are your family now. No your not, my family is 10 minutes away. Money isn't everything, happiness and piece of mind is.
Pros
The Money
Cons
Everything else
Overbearing, micromanaging and mess up to move up mentality.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Pearsall, TX, oklahoma city, canton ohio12 April 2017
This company used to be great, but I have limited characters. We haven't had raises in two years, the only motivation to work harder is to not get griped at. Nagging and more nagging from the top down. You have to shave and by acquiring your CDL you get screwed. Forced to take days off without pay and they leave you stranded with no vehicle in far away man camps. No per diem, no bonuses and no raises as of the last two years. I have been through a spin off, a bankruptcy and now a sale of the company always hoping it's going to get better soon but it doesn't. Alot of the guys are great but many that stick around have never been anywhere else.
Pros
Never ask you to work your days off
Cons
Managenent, penny pinching, no bonuses or raises
Progressive and forward thinking company
Back Office (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK5 April 2017
Exciting place to work after the spin-off from Chesapeake Energy. Smart and capable employees, team oriented, value add activities. Growth oriented with lots of opportunities to wear many hats.
bad balance of family time
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OK1 April 2017
If you can give 90 % of your life to this kind of work then proceed.
The location I work at seems to band aid everything and rob peter to pay paul. If they need you in other departments they will expect you to bounce around and cover for those that quit or call in sick. No smoke in my vision so I saw it early on and decided to adjust without any drama. You can never ask enough questions in an interview so be sure to ask about all that is going to be expected of you.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
tied to a phone and a truck for low wages vs other oil company wages.
Long hours not family oriented
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TX3 March 2017
Working late between 15 to 18 hour days and they expect you to be at your best each day. No regards to family. Company always comes first. Management tends to be on the racial side especially upper management.After long hours at work want you to still drive thie equipment regardless if you are sick or tired.
Pros
Big paycheck at the end of all those hours.
honest
Yard Hand (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OK16 February 2017
I love where I work and love the oppeunities that it has givien me. always new stuff to learn and get to meet alot of people from different areas.
Great work/life balance
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK24 December 2016
I really enjoy working for Seventy Seven Energy. It has a great work/life balance. Wonderful people to work with. Management is very helpful and cares about their employees.
Job was interesting, some of the management not so much.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK12 December 2016
Job was not secure. Company was unstable and ended up filing bankruptcy. Laid off a huge amount of people. Not good management organization. If they would have been more frugal with their money and not hired so many employees in the first place they may have been ok.
Great company
Office Personnel (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK18 September 2016
Leadership encourages professional growth opportunities and fosters a friendly work environment. Leadership is approachable and willing to answer questions from anyone.
Not what it's all cracked up to be
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OH8 September 2016
I worked for great plain for a little over a year in the Saint clairsville office but when canton messed up all their work up there they decided. to lay us off so they could bring them guys down my supervisors were awesome but the big bosses they suck they costed over 50 people there job when in reality all the canton guys should have gotten laid off
Pros
Pay
Great Place to work
Instructor II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK17 June 2016
The People at all levels were fantastic to work with and for. Best job I have ever had. 77 rewarded you for the work you did very little politics.
Pros
Great pay, people and enviroment
Cons
Subject to Oil Field ups and downs
Poor Leadership
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK28 April 2016
I loved most of the people I worked with, but the executives were more worried about lining their pockets instead of taking care of the employees that work hard. Think twice before taking a job there.
Great job until we got sold out
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH17 March 2016
Awesome place withe awesome people. Second to none when it came to benefits. Wish there were more companies like this around they take good care of their people.
Benefits
Cons
Sold out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seventy Seven Energy. Our community is ready to answer.