Seventy Seven Energy Employee Reviews

Overbearing, micromanaging and mess up to move up mentality.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Pearsall, TX, oklahoma city, canton ohio12 April 2017
This company used to be great, but I have limited characters. We haven't had raises in two years, the only motivation to work harder is to not get griped at. Nagging and more nagging from the top down. You have to shave and by acquiring your CDL you get screwed. Forced to take days off without pay and they leave you stranded with no vehicle in far away man camps. No per diem, no bonuses and no raises as of the last two years. I have been through a spin off, a bankruptcy and now a sale of the company always hoping it's going to get better soon but it doesn't. Alot of the guys are great but many that stick around have never been anywhere else.
Pros
Never ask you to work your days off
Cons
Managenent, penny pinching, no bonuses or raises
Good opportunity
E.O/Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TX 7806130 October 2017
If you don't mind making money or working long hours. Management is good. Lots of room to grow. This company had good training and safety ratings. Hard work in weather elements.
Pros
Paybenefits
Cons
outdoors
Be Weary
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  OKC, OK6 April 2015
I was a contractor for 9 months with this company! Loved going to work and my co-workers. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was great. Then all of a sudden I was let go, when the position was supposed to be temp to hire. I had no warning whatsoever. Felt like I was lead on for 9 months thinking I was going to be hired on permanently. Don't get me wrong, the company has great benefits/compensation and other perks but feel like management doesn't know what they are doing or what they want in employees. They love to hire temps with no intention of hiring you on permanently from what I've seen, so be weary. If you are looking for a permanent postion look elsewhere. Don't expect it from this company. Overall, I am very disappointed.
Pros
Great benefits/compensation
Cons
Job security, management
Work Summary
SAP MM-PTP lead Consultant. (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK1 May 2017
Review Client IT emails for potential issues, internal IT meeting or meeting with client/user.

Learned ete procurement process in SAP Ariba. Lateral thinking, benefits of discussion for greater understanding.
Enjoyed every moment of workplace culture, client was eager to learn the process improvement and never enforced their views/approach on IT deliverable.
Analyzing the complex issues and discuss solution proposal.
Pros
A true family work place
Cons
No cons that I could think of.
Just like any drilling services there are pros and cons.
floorhand (Former Employee) –  pearsall, tx19 July 2015
I enjoyed the hands I worked with they really looked out for me. I think the HR for this company(in OKC) is very ineffective. I would say the receptionist in Pearsall was more helpful. The company makes sure you sign every JSA, weekly meeting, but issues concerning benefits are like pulling teeth. Every time I had an HR issue I had a hard time getting a hold of someone or a response. They also never sent my w-2 and took until the first of May to send one to me after requesting in March. Don't get me started on the audit they had this year.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Horrible HR, roach motels trailers
Very interesting and enjoyable position
Billing Specialist (Accounts Receivable) (Former Employee) –  Mooreland, OK15 September 2015
Wore many different hats while employed at Seventy Seven, which I enjoyed very much. Worked for the Field Manager, 12 truck drivers and two service men. Also was emailed invoices from Corporate Office, which had to be confirmed with packing slip, coded, signed for approval, and approved for payment. Enjoyed each and every employee I worked with, was kept very busy, which I also enjoy very much.
Pros
Pay wage and benefits
Cons
No cons
Unqualified to lead
Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK31 December 2014
It is clear that that Chesapeake shed this company and many of the employees, especially in executive positions, to not only cash in on the overvaluation of the company, but also ridding itself from many levels of incompetence.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay for an Oilfield Service Company
Cons
Management, Failure to Lead
Looking for great company that provides professionalism, longevity, and stability.
Training Specialist/ Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK25 November 2015
Great company to work for but unfortunately not able to sustain the oil and gas economy. I had great supervisors and instruction from the administration when I came to delivering superior customer service in the training side.
Pros
Great salary, co-workers and flexibility.
Cons
Economy
Good new company
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK19 April 2015
It's a good place to work with great management and one will learn a lot about the oil and gas world. It has great benefits and great management.
Good Job - Good Pay with Benefits
Water Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TX14 July 2015
It was a good job while it lasted. The company benefits were great. The company shut us down with the decline in oil production in the Eagle Ford Shale.
Great job until we got sold out
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH17 March 2016
Awesome place withe awesome people. Second to none when it came to benefits. Wish there were more companies like this around they take good care of their people.
Benefits
Cons
Sold out
Long hours not family oriented
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TX3 March 2017
Working late between 15 to 18 hour days and they expect you to be at your best each day. No regards to family. Company always comes first. Management tends to be on the racial side especially upper management.After long hours at work want you to still drive thie equipment regardless if you are sick or tired.
Pros
Big paycheck at the end of all those hours.
Payroll Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK29 June 2017
Awesome place to work for. Everyone very friendly and productive
assisting employees with questions regarding paycheck and interacting with management makes an enjoyable day. It's good to know that upper management interacts with employees
Pros
having restuarnt on site
Cons
no room for advancement
You don't know what you are getting
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK21 September 2015
I began as a contractor shortly after SSE spun off from Chesapeake. It was a temp to hire situation, but was never hired on after more than a year of work. I was promoted twice during my employment, but once managers began dropping like flies, I should have jumped ship. My manager left and was replaced by a completely incompetent person who clearly did not like me, despite the fact that I only ever had 3 conversations with her. Ultimately, I was informed that I had been doing my job incorrectly for over SIX MONTHS even though I was doing it the way I had been trained to. Overall, the problems with this company begin at the top. And while top management is very good, they have brought in absolutely inadequate people to run various departments.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
Poor management, poor communication
Excellent company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK2 May 2017
The company management has a progressive culture and is concerned about employee development. I would recommend this company to anyone as it is an excellent place to work.
Great work/life balance
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK24 December 2016
I really enjoy working for Seventy Seven Energy. It has a great work/life balance. Wonderful people to work with. Management is very helpful and cares about their employees.
Fun working in the field and good money
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Canton, OH24 June 2015
Its fun working in the field but since this company separated from Chesapeake, there have been frequent budget cuts that have lead to good employees quitting. The people that i work with are GREAT! Management is great too except the fact that we've had a new operations manager who is never seen on the field nor did her formally introduce himself to us. There is no sense of care on his part there.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
No more bonuses and food. Also frequent budget cuts is making things harder for us in the field
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OK28 July 2017
Great people, with few exceptions.

you are going to learn a lot related to the oilfield but not much else.

Depending on your position, they expect you to work a lot, nights, weekends, etc.
Pros
Lots of vendor-supplied meals
Cons
Poor communication by management
Poor Leadership
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK28 April 2016
I loved most of the people I worked with, but the executives were more worried about lining their pockets instead of taking care of the employees that work hard. Think twice before taking a job there.
hard work
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK25 June 2015
HARD WORK only a strong person can work here meaning, mentally, physically. long hours of work ,being away from family. That is the only hard part about this job.
Pros
Move form place to place, free food, free housing
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seventy Seven Energy. Our community is ready to answer.