SEVEN OAKS GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Review

View all SEVEN OAKS GENERAL HOSPITAL reviews

Employment at Seven Oaks Hospital
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba16 August 2012
A typical day at work for me starts at 2330. From that time I am checking the patient's room's for routine breathing rounds, emptying urinals, changing patient's who are incontinent, and repositoning patient's as well. Once that is done, I go around the unit and tidy up, then wait for callbells. At 0100, I do another breathing round, reposition, and change incontinent pads. At 0500, I reposition patient's again, change incontinent pads, and start my morning washes.

What I have learned from the 4 years that I have worked at Seven Oaks Hospital is how to be extremely patient; with patietn's, family member's, and staff. How to organize and time manage myself. How important it is to work as a team and to communicate effecively. I have also learned how to cope in stressful situations which has made me quick on my feet.

Since I work night shifts, I don't work with management.

My co-workers are like my family. We respect eachother, we listen to eachother, we help eachother. And when a problem arises we deal with it as a team.

The hardest part of the job is staying patient when you have a patient who is confused, verbally abusive, and physically abusive.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and meeting all sorts of people and knowing that you made a difference in their lives.
Pros
internet access
Cons
working night shifts

Other SEVEN OAKS GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

work
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2019
Depending on which political party is in power, depends on how well staffed the hospital is. There is some truly amazing people that work there, but then there is horrible ones. Management isn't the greatest!
Pros
Good staff
Recent WRHA takeover has impeded work place culture of innovation and initiative.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 March 2019
Seven Oaks was a wonderful workplace and a top performing hospital for many years, and its related entities, the Wellness Institute and the Seven Oaks Hospital Chronic Disease Innovation Centre are still great places to work, but the overall culture of Seven Oaks Hospital has been all but destroyed by so-called transformation that is led by the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority.