SEVEN OAKS GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great learning environment
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 April 2016
An average day at work was fast paced, spontaneous and required you to be assertive and professional. The reward was knowing i was helping patients, families and staff.
Pros
Friendly staff and supports, training & refreshing of skills, wage, benefit.etc
Cons
Short staffed at times but dealt with it
It's a good place to work
Cleaning Aide 1 - Environmental (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2015
I enjoy working here, the staff in the area I work are awesome and the patients are a lot of fun.The hardest part of the job is winter when the work is a lot harder and messier.
Fun place to work.
Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2014
The DI department is great. People are passionate about care.
Good work environment
Health Care Aide duties are assisting (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2014
Good work environment with friendly staff. Also all are employees are professional as well.
Everything is very good.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba14 August 2013
I have learned many things in SOGH ex. teamwork, respect others, safety at work etc.
Pros
Doing double jobs
Employment at Seven Oaks Hospital
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba16 August 2012
A typical day at work for me starts at 2330. From that time I am checking the patient's room's for routine breathing rounds, emptying urinals, changing patient's who are incontinent, and repositoning patient's as well. Once that is done, I go around the unit and tidy up, then wait for callbells. At 0100, I do another breathing round, reposition, and change incontinent pads. At 0500, I reposition patient's again, change incontinent pads, and start my morning washes.

What I have learned from the 4 years that I have worked at Seven Oaks Hospital is how to be extremely patient; with patietn's, family member's, and staff. How to organize and time manage myself. How important it is to work as a team and to communicate effecively. I have also learned how to cope in stressful situations which has made me quick on my feet.

Since I work night shifts, I don't work with management.

My co-workers are like my family. We respect eachother, we listen to eachother, we help eachother. And when a problem arises we deal with it as a team.

The hardest part of the job is staying patient when you have a patient who is confused, verbally abusive, and physically abusive.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and meeting all sorts of people and knowing that you made a difference in their lives.
Pros
internet access
Cons
working night shifts