SEVEN OAKS GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Recent WRHA takeover has impeded work place culture of innovation and initiative.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 March 2019
Seven Oaks was a wonderful workplace and a top performing hospital for many years, and its related entities, the Wellness Institute and the Seven Oaks Hospital Chronic Disease Innovation Centre are still great places to work, but the overall culture of Seven Oaks Hospital has been all but destroyed by so-called transformation that is led by the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority.
Nice working environment for a person new to the job
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 July 2018
I've only worked there for a month for internship and it was a great experience. Most things I've learned in college was applied to this job. The workplace is a great place to start.
Pros
People are ready to help when you need it
Cons
Newcomers are blamed at easily
Great learning environment
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 April 2016
An average day at work was fast paced, spontaneous and required you to be assertive and professional. The reward was knowing i was helping patients, families and staff.
Pros
Friendly staff and supports, training & refreshing of skills, wage, benefit.etc
Cons
Short staffed at times but dealt with it
It's a good place to work
Cleaning Aide 1 - Environmental (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2015
I enjoy working here, the staff in the area I work are awesome and the patients are a lot of fun.The hardest part of the job is winter when the work is a lot harder and messier.
Fun place to work.
Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2014
The DI department is great. People are passionate about care.
Good work environment
Health Care Aide duties are assisting (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2014
Good work environment with friendly staff. Also all are employees are professional as well.
Everything is very good.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba14 August 2013
I have learned many things in SOGH ex. teamwork, respect others, safety at work etc.
Pros
Doing double jobs
Employment at Seven Oaks Hospital
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba16 August 2012
A typical day at work for me starts at 2330. From that time I am checking the patient's room's for routine breathing rounds, emptying urinals, changing patient's who are incontinent, and repositoning patient's as well. Once that is done, I go around the unit and tidy up, then wait for callbells. At 0100, I do another breathing round, reposition, and change incontinent pads. At 0500, I reposition patient's again, change incontinent pads, and start my morning washes.

What I have learned from the 4 years that I have worked at Seven Oaks Hospital is how to be extremely patient; with patietn's, family member's, and staff. How to organize and time manage myself. How important it is to work as a team and to communicate effecively. I have also learned how to cope in stressful situations which has made me quick on my feet.

Since I work night shifts, I don't work with management.

My co-workers are like my family. We respect eachother, we listen to eachother, we help eachother. And when a problem arises we deal with it as a team.

The hardest part of the job is staying patient when you have a patient who is confused, verbally abusive, and physically abusive.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping and meeting all sorts of people and knowing that you made a difference in their lives.
Pros
internet access
Cons
working night shifts