Play YouTube video button
Servus Credit Union

Servus Credit Union Employee Reviews

Canada102 reviews
So many opportunities
I have worked in many positions and love that there are opportunities to learn new skills.
There are great leadership courses offered to employees to provide growth.
Truly a great place to work
A typical day starts at 8:00am. The daily work is divided up by the team seniors. When the mail comes in around 10:00am, this sorted and distributed by team members. This is when the real workload hits. The rest of the day is spent working on the divided work, answering phone calls and emails. I learned all of my current basic skills from this position. The management was very supportive, and pushed you to find the answers to your questions. The staff are very supportive of each other. This is not a cutthroat company. The hardest part of the job would be sitting down all day. The most enjoyable part are the team members. They make it worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of free food (not all healthy), team outings, the pay.
Cons
Some days are overwhelming workload-wise.
Great work environment
Servus Credit Union is a terrific firm to work for. The management is strong and friendly and the work environment is cohesive.

Only draw back for servus credit union is their information systems. Most tasks take 3-5X longer than it should.
Great Staff
I have been fortune it enough to meet amazing co-workers, supervisors who have taught me so much. Their desire to help our members has inspired me to want a career when I thought I was just looking for a job.
Chill
It's a bank. In 2019 and onward, people will show up less frequently so you get to spend more time with the members and build more personal relationship that you can take outside of work. It's a credit union so the frequency at which the customer walk is not comparable to a bigger banks. It's great if your looking to advance your career in the financial industry and looking to make some mad cash. Plus they offer great benefits with a very comfortable work experience.
Not at this time
I worked from 2009 to 2014, room for growth and development. Lots of support with whatever direction one would like. Lots of communication with members.
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad you had a fulfilling time with us.
Good learning experience
It was a very competitive environment with lots of opportunity. The branch I worked at in St. Albert needs to improve their training. The supervisor who is no longer there should not have been in the position.
Micromanaging
Very number driven
Too Many systems

Tracking is over done

Too many departments

Computers are quite often slow or down

Managers are numbers driven

Managers only care about how they look
13 February 2020
Thank you for your honest review. Servus does have goals which are put in place to ensure we can continue to improve the services and technology our members have come to enjoy and want for the future. While we do indeed have goals for this reason, we are set apart from other financial institution as we share the extra profits back with our member owners every year. By helping our members achieve their goals, we achieve our goals to further strengthen our wonderful member owned Credit Union.
Good Company Culture
Liked that it was an Alberta company. Liked that I was able to work my own hours. Also liked to have the ability to work at a desk at any branch that I need to.
18 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Work/Life Balance is one of our corporate values and we are glad you found your position flexible to work with your life.
Heavy management politics
So many changes can take place to favor particular candidates those are close to management. People get promotion based on their relationship not based on quality or expertise. Good to work as a contractor.
13 February 2020
Thank you for this feedback. We're sorry to hear that this was your experience while employed at Servus Credit Union Ltd. We strive on promoting the right people, at the right time, into the right position – this is our recruitment module we follow here at Servus.
Excellent employee experience
Servus Credit Union is a great Employer training and coaching fabulous. The role is not needed as much and love working with the public so looking for another equally fulfilling role to help members clients.
Pros
Training staff benefits and ability to move around
Cons
Role not needed as much.
It was an enjoyable place to work each day
I was able to learn lots during my time at Servus both as an employee and then as a member of the Management team. I was fairly compensated for the work I performed and had a good benefit plans that met my family needs.
15 January 2020
Thanks for your review! As you know, fairness is one of our top values and we work hard to ensure that our employees have competitive wages and benefits.
Great benefits worth it if you have a good manager
Servus has a great benefit plan for both its pt and ft time staff. If you are lucky enough to get a good manager you will be able to thrive here......
15 January 2020
Thanks for your review! We are constantly reviewing our benefits plan to ensure we are providing the best service to our employees.
everyday responsibilties
super high targets that go up every year and company never explains why that is so.
Mild recession this year and some people are being placed on performance probation due to not being able to reach targets.

Great pay but would never recommend where they so toxic to work with. You are only as good as yesterday's sales. Otherwise you are old news.
Cons
high unreachable targets
28 October 2019
At Servus, the activities we perform daily are guided by our purpose: 'shaping member financial fitness'. Our targets are set in a way to ensure good conversations with members about their current financial situations and their financial goals and dreams. Our targets are also set based on income required to pay our expenses (such as employee salaries), invest in new products and services and the rest goes back to our members in the form of profit share rewards. Working hard on behalf of our members in banking is not for everyone, but many of our team find this work super rewarding.
stressful and under staffed place to work
Servus only hires part time MSR 's but you are expected to work up to 35 hours per week and always available. You can only guarantee getting a day off if you book it as a vacation day. They expect you to be available at all times.
Most locations are short staffed , line ups are long.

There is no management support
4 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Providing high quality member service is an important part of running our business and we schedule our staff to meet these operational needs. We recognize that sometimes managing schedules and vacation time can get complicated, and when we're short staffed it can be very challenging. It's unfortunate that you've experienced more of this than we would like. If you'd like to share more specific feedback with us, please contact us at strategicstaffing@servus.ca.
Work life balance
Super great management and team. Great incentives and acknowledgement on the work. Great exposure to financial freedom and how to work on it. all the values at Servus are great and also been followed equally at all levels
15 January 2020
Thanks for the five stars! We work hard to recognize the hard work of our employees through our various programs.
Excellent benefits
Servus has a lot to offer employees in terms of benefits (both health as well as extended and external). Pay is competitive and fair. Many different roles available if you're willing to expand and possibly relocate.
15 January 2020
We are thrilled to hear you enjoy working at Servus, and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly reviewing not only salaries, but benefits, and all rewards to ensure we are attracting and recruiting top talent.
Fun and challenging work.
Fun and challenging work. Assists member in daily banking activities. Talking with different kinds of people. Being aware of banking procedures and practices. Being able to balance at the end of day.
15 January 2020
Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying the challenges of helping members become financially fit!
Great work environment
Servus provides great opportunities and advancement for those who are looking to pursue a career in a financial institution setting. Willing to train people with little to no banking experience.
15 January 2020
Thank you for being a great cheerleader for Servus. We wish you continued success in your career!
Heavy politics on management.
If you can ignore the politics you can like working at Servus. If someone can bless you from management, you will enjoy your service and climb to higher position in no time regardless if you have quality or qualifications. Management blessings is the biggest thing. Your messages will never be heard and never reach to upper level.

Summary: If you are a typical 9-5 office guy and if ur skin is thick you will enjoy.
Pros
Cons
Management presure.
3 September 2019
Providing a working environment where all employees can succeed is very important to us, so we're disappointed to hear this was your experience at Servus. If you haven't yet provided specific feedback on your experience, we'd welcome it. Please email us at employeeengagement@servus.ca.
Creating and developing the Frame work and test scripts in UFT and VB. Managing the offshore team. Communicating with the client and sending the status report on weekly and daily basis. Conducting meeting with the team and client.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servus Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.