Servus Credit Union

Servus Credit Union Employee Reviews

So many opportunities

I have worked in many positions and love that there are opportunities to learn new skills. There are great leadership courses offered to employees to provide growth.

Lots of politics going on in the branch.

Benefits aren't too bad. Management and co-workers are not very pleasant to work with, always with issues. Does not value long- time employees and always have favouritism. If you complain to the management, they only listen to one side of story and only want to hear what they want to hear. If management does not like you, you may as well start looking for a new job.

Pros

free banking

Cons

too much politics at work. out dated system

22 November 2021
Thank you for your reply and providing your honest and valuable feedback. Providing a working environment that is respectful of all employees and open to honest feedback is very important to us, so we're sorry to hear your overall experience at Servus was not a positive one. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d be happy to hear from you, our email is EmployeeEngagement@servus.ca.

Understanding the member needs. The majority of coworkers were awesome.

Its advertised that Servus treats everyone equal and like family. My termination after 20 some years proves the opposite. An employee reaches a certain age, be aware, if your superviser marks you, an employee will be coached out. Doesn't matter how many years of service, or loyality. If you are marked to leave; you better start looking for another job. If your manager favours you, you are good to go. Hopefully, they will be employed as long as you. I don't trust this organization anymore, and have moved my membership elsewhere. I doubt if anyone cares.

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Company politics.

25 August 2021
I am sorry to hear that your experience with Servus left you feeling this way. We work hard to ensure our employees are treated in a way that aligns with our values and it is very unfortunate that this wasn't your experience. I am interesting in learning more about your situation to understand what we could have done differently. If you are open to discussing further, please contact me directly at michelle.fairley@servus.ca

Loved servus

Loved working at SCU - Left due to relocation & cried leaving. if your looking for a good wage, Work satisfaction , Work life balance & excellent friends this is your place !

Pros

everything

Cons

its only in Alberta

Most of them are bacl stabbers

Not a good place, most of the staff are horrible. Maybe two I would feel sorry for. The training isn't great in the branch. Most I wouldn't give them my money to tell me how to invest or save. No real educated people there.

Pros

Money

Cons

Staff

29 April 2021
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Providing members with knowledgeable staff and a good work environment for employees is very important to us. We're sorry to hear that your experience with Servus didn't meet that goal. If you'd like to discuss further, we'd encourage you to reach out to us at EmployeeEngagement@servus.ca.

Truly a great place to work

A typical day starts at 8:00am. The daily work is divided up by the team seniors. When the mail comes in around 10:00am, this sorted and distributed by team members. This is when the real workload hits. The rest of the day is spent working on the divided work, answering phone calls and emails. I learned all of my current basic skills from this position. The management was very supportive, and pushed you to find the answers to your questions. The staff are very supportive of each other. This is not a cutthroat company. The hardest part of the job would be sitting down all day. The most enjoyable part are the team members. They make it worth it.

Pros

Free lunches, lots of free food (not all healthy), team outings, the pay.

Cons

Some days are overwhelming workload-wise.

Great work environment

Servus Credit Union is a terrific firm to work for. The management is strong and friendly and the work environment is cohesive. Only draw back for servus credit union is their information systems. Most tasks take 3-5X longer than it should.

Great Staff

I have been fortune it enough to meet amazing co-workers, supervisors who have taught me so much. Their desire to help our members has inspired me to want a career when I thought I was just looking for a job.

Chill

It's a bank. In 2019 and onward, people will show up less frequently so you get to spend more time with the members and build more personal relationship that you can take outside of work. It's a credit union so the frequency at which the customer walk is not comparable to a bigger banks. It's great if your looking to advance your career in the financial industry and looking to make some mad cash. Plus they offer great benefits with a very comfortable work experience.

Not at this time

I worked from 2009 to 2014, room for growth and development. Lots of support with whatever direction one would like. Lots of communication with members.

3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad you had a fulfilling time with us.

Good learning experience

It was a very competitive environment with lots of opportunity. The branch I worked at in St. Albert needs to improve their training. The supervisor who is no longer there should not have been in the position.

Micromanaging

Very number driven Too Many systems Tracking is over done Too many departments Computers are quite often slow or down Managers are numbers driven Managers only care about how they look

13 February 2020
Thank you for your honest review. Servus does have goals which are put in place to ensure we can continue to improve the services and technology our members have come to enjoy and want for the future. While we do indeed have goals for this reason, we are set apart from other financial institution as we share the extra profits back with our member owners every year. By helping our members achieve their goals, we achieve our goals to further strengthen our wonderful member owned Credit Union.

Good Company Culture

Liked that it was an Alberta company. Liked that I was able to work my own hours. Also liked to have the ability to work at a desk at any branch that I need to.

18 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Work/Life Balance is one of our corporate values and we are glad you found your position flexible to work with your life.

Heavy management politics

So many changes can take place to favor particular candidates those are close to management. People get promotion based on their relationship not based on quality or expertise. Good to work as a contractor.

13 February 2020
Thank you for this feedback. We're sorry to hear that this was your experience while employed at Servus Credit Union Ltd. We strive on promoting the right people, at the right time, into the right position – this is our recruitment module we follow here at Servus.

Excellent employee experience

Servus Credit Union is a great Employer training and coaching fabulous. The role is not needed as much and love working with the public so looking for another equally fulfilling role to help members clients.

Pros

Training staff benefits and ability to move around

Cons

Role not needed as much.

It was an enjoyable place to work each day

I was able to learn lots during my time at Servus both as an employee and then as a member of the Management team. I was fairly compensated for the work I performed and had a good benefit plans that met my family needs.

15 January 2020
Thanks for your review! As you know, fairness is one of our top values and we work hard to ensure that our employees have competitive wages and benefits.

Great benefits worth it if you have a good manager

Servus has a great benefit plan for both its pt and ft time staff. If you are lucky enough to get a good manager you will be able to thrive here......

15 January 2020
Thanks for your review! We are constantly reviewing our benefits plan to ensure we are providing the best service to our employees.

everyday responsibilties

super high targets that go up every year and company never explains why that is so. Mild recession this year and some people are being placed on performance probation due to not being able to reach targets. Great pay but would never recommend where they so toxic to work with. You are only as good as yesterday's sales. Otherwise you are old news.

Cons

high unreachable targets

28 October 2019
At Servus, the activities we perform daily are guided by our purpose: 'shaping member financial fitness'. Our targets are set in a way to ensure good conversations with members about their current financial situations and their financial goals and dreams. Our targets are also set based on income required to pay our expenses (such as employee salaries), invest in new products and services and the rest goes back to our members in the form of profit share rewards. Working hard on behalf of our members in banking is not for everyone, but many of our team find this work super rewarding.

stressful and under staffed place to work

Servus only hires part time MSR 's but you are expected to work up to 35 hours per week and always available. You can only guarantee getting a day off if you book it as a vacation day. They expect you to be available at all times. Most locations are short staffed , line ups are long. There is no management support

4 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Providing high quality member service is an important part of running our business and we schedule our staff to meet these operational needs. We recognize that sometimes managing schedules and vacation time can get complicated, and when we're short staffed it can be very challenging. It's unfortunate that you've experienced more of this than we would like. If you'd like to share more specific feedback with us, please contact us at strategicstaffing@servus.ca.

Work life balance

Super great management and team. Great incentives and acknowledgement on the work. Great exposure to financial freedom and how to work on it. all the values at Servus are great and also been followed equally at all levels

15 January 2020
Thanks for the five stars! We work hard to recognize the hard work of our employees through our various programs.

Excellent benefits

Servus has a lot to offer employees in terms of benefits (both health as well as extended and external). Pay is competitive and fair. Many different roles available if you're willing to expand and possibly relocate.

15 January 2020
We are thrilled to hear you enjoy working at Servus, and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are constantly reviewing not only salaries, but benefits, and all rewards to ensure we are attracting and recruiting top talent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servus Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement