Servicom-llc Canada Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Decent Wages, Great Benefits, Tons of Stress
Outbound Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 December 2017
Servicom offers a lot. Really good benefits, and a decent wage. But beyond that they don't offer much.

First off I was lied to when being hired, as I was promised $14.50/hour, but that actually broke down to $11.50/hour, plus $1/hour if you missed absolutely zero time during a week, and $2/hour if you met the sales target. I should also mention anything beyond the $11.50 is paid out as a bonus and not part of your actual normal paycheque. There are also bonus payouts for making sales, but there is a convoluted schedule as to how they get paid out.

Benefits are solid, with full medical/dental to cover almost any type of condition, and a free life insurance policy. If you can manage to stick it out, it is well worth it.

The job itself is perhaps one of the most stressful environments I have ever been in. Right out of training, at least for my particular contract which was selling AT&T, you are given a special test outside of the normal written stuff. You need to improvise a phone call with the account manager and it needs to be near flawless, or they boot you out of the training and tell you to either quit or try a different contract.

Once on the floor, its no better. They put a giant whiteboard up in front of everyone and put the names of everyone who gets a sale on one side and everyone who doesn't on the other, so everyone can see who isn't succeeding. Sometimes you'll see someone three seats down from you get like 3 sales in one day when you struggle to make one so that doesn't help either.

Also since you're acting as a telemarketer, all the numbers are dialed
  more... automatically which leads to some very awkward situation. During my time there I wound up in contact with grocery stores, public schools, and even the Department of Defense. No, that's not a joke.

The rest of the time you reach people who aren't in any mood to listen to you, and even when they are, the dialogue you engage in comes off as so forced and awkward. Rather then saying you're selling stuff right off the bat, once you introduce yourself as being from AT&T you say "Tell me, what kind of shows do you like to watch on TV?" Yes, seriously, you are calling up random people in the USA and one of the first things out of your mouth is what comes off as a rather intrusive question.

I only lasted 4 months here, and in comparison I worked at three other call centers in the area lasting 1 1/2 years, 2 1/2 years, and 2 years respectively. One of those places is still open so I would give that a try and skip Servicom entirely.
Pros
Excellent benefits; supervisors are fantastic
Cons
Lies about wages, job is stressful right from the start, failure is emphasized and not hidden, high stress level
Very laid back job.
Onstar Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS18 May 2017
The job is laid back. Everyone is fairly easy to get along with there are so management issues in my opinion that should be addressed in the future but all around I think it's worth working at.
Pros
Flexible hours, can make up missed time
Cons
Sometimes unfair
Unless I'm desperate, I'll never go back
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 April 2017
Management walk the aisles yelling at their teams to get sales(loud enough that customers on the phone hear). Unrealistic expectations are placed upon staff. They take every opportunity to pull back monetary bonuses earned through sales. Facility is not cleaned well. No OHS in place. Apply as a last resort only.
Pros
Regular pay cheque
Cons
Terrible management. Unclear escalation path. Stressful environment. Dirty building
Poor people skills
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS11 April 2017
Was well trained for the job. Account was something to believe in. Promoted staff was not sufficiently trained. They lacked knowledge in coaching and speaking skillls.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
2 breaks in an 8 hour shift. Poor management
not the place for me
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 March 2017
i didnt like working there but that is becasue i dont like to sit down all day and talk on the phone i am i more of a hands on person, but may be good for someone who just likes to sit all day and talk on the phone
Fun and easy
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS26 November 2016
Fun environment easy work/pay is pretty good.
Friendly staff. Although I was trained properly I was able to pick up on the job and perform my tasks well and with ease.

Want to know more about Servicom-llc Canada?

Ask a question