Servicom-llc Canada Employee Reviews

Great coworkers, management should have been replaced long ago, fast and loose
AT&T Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS19 October 2018
No respect or care for employees, especially well being and health. Promotions based on who you know so the building management and account management is in the hands of completely unqualified people. I’ve never gotten so little medical benefits for paying so much, at both larger and smaller companies. It’s the lowest and worst coverage to the point it’s not worth it unless you have over $100 in prescriptions a month and it’s the highest I’ve ever paid. Pays don’t come in on time, a week late with no one taking responsibility or offering any kind of explanation. No accountability from management. Loose with labour laws.

Only good thing is you’ll make some friends for life! You commiserate about your awful workplace and bond with people you never thought you would!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, toxic, unreliable and incorrect pays, filthy building, VERY loose with labour laws, no accountability from management, lack of respect for workers
Sirius xm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS24 October 2018
I have been working for this company for 8 months now and the supervisiors are great expect for one supervisior who likes to pick favorites n in my opinion is a bully ...i work on the sirus xm contact n i work hard to get my bonus but over the last couple of weeks i havent been seeing ny bonus and when i address them about it they say fill out this paper n we will find out what happened to your bonus i think itscrazy ..this is the worst call center i have ever worked for if you miss days you have to work them on your days off and they takel your bonus because i havent recieved mine yet and not getting paid on time .the place is dirty and full of fleas i got bit a few times there n ended up with a serve infection .they continue to hire people i dont understand why they cant pay their employees now ...the people i work with are great but the system they have is terriable..when you work an 8 hour shift or a 7 hour shift you get a 20 min lunch n a 10 min break ..
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
Long hours terriable breaks dirty environment
Great working environment, Great Co-Workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS27 February 2018
Servicom is a great place to work, the overall environment is pleasant. The people who work there are great to work with. The management at Servicom is also great to work with. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, Incentives, and Bonus
Terrible company
Sales ATT (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS13 August 2018
Worked at the site in sydney and it was terrible. People and supervisors are great, upper management hasn't got a clue. More concerned about dialing hours than peoples health. Missing bonus money every pay, when you get paid that is. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone
Enjoyed working there
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS6 December 2018
I liked the work envirment at servicom. The bonus structure was a nice feature and also oppurtunity for overtime.unfortuatley the company closed its doors recently without warning and i am insecure about working at another call centre again.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Closed
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS16 December 2018
Servicom was a fast pace, fun & productive work place. Enjoyed my time working there. It was a happy environment throughout the whole call center & everyone had basically became family which made going to work that much more fun.
Unless I'm desperate, I'll never go back
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 April 2017
Management walk the aisles yelling at their teams to get sales(loud enough that customers on the phone hear). Unrealistic expectations are placed upon staff. They take every opportunity to pull back monetary bonuses earned through sales. Facility is not cleaned well. No OHS in place. Apply as a last resort only.
Pros
Regular pay cheque
Cons
Terrible management. Unclear escalation path. Stressful environment. Dirty building
Decent Wages, Great Benefits, Tons of Stress
Outbound Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 December 2017
Servicom offers a lot. Really good benefits, and a decent wage. But beyond that they don't offer much.

First off I was lied to when being hired, as I was promised $14.50/hour, but that actually broke down to $11.50/hour, plus $1/hour if you missed absolutely zero time during a week, and $2/hour if you met the sales target. I should also mention anything beyond the $11.50 is paid out as a bonus and not part of your actual normal paycheque. There are also bonus payouts for making sales, but there is a convoluted schedule as to how they get paid out.

Benefits are solid, with full medical/dental to cover almost any type of condition, and a free life insurance policy. If you can manage to stick it out, it is well worth it.

The job itself is perhaps one of the most stressful environments I have ever been in. Right out of training, at least for my particular contract which was selling AT&T, you are given a special test outside of the normal written stuff. You need to improvise a phone call with the account manager and it needs to be near flawless, or they boot you out of the training and tell you to either quit or try a different contract.

Once on the floor, its no better. They put a giant whiteboard up in front of everyone and put the names of everyone who gets a sale on one side and everyone who doesn't on the other, so everyone can see who isn't succeeding. Sometimes you'll see someone three seats down from you get like 3 sales in one day when you struggle to make one so that doesn't help either.

Also since you're acting as a telemarketer, all the numbers are dialed
  more... automatically which leads to some very awkward situation. During my time there I wound up in contact with grocery stores, public schools, and even the Department of Defense. No, that's not a joke.

The rest of the time you reach people who aren't in any mood to listen to you, and even when they are, the dialogue you engage in comes off as so forced and awkward. Rather then saying you're selling stuff right off the bat, once you introduce yourself as being from AT&T you say "Tell me, what kind of shows do you like to watch on TV?" Yes, seriously, you are calling up random people in the USA and one of the first things out of your mouth is what comes off as a rather intrusive question.

I only lasted 4 months here, and in comparison I worked at three other call centers in the area lasting 1 1/2 years, 2 1/2 years, and 2 years respectively. One of those places is still open so I would give that a try and skip Servicom entirely.
Pros
Excellent benefits; supervisors are fantastic
Cons
Lies about wages, job is stressful right from the start, failure is emphasized and not hidden, high stress level
Very laid back job.
Onstar Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS18 May 2017
The job is laid back. Everyone is fairly easy to get along with there are so management issues in my opinion that should be addressed in the future but all around I think it's worth working at.
Pros
Flexible hours, can make up missed time
Cons
Sometimes unfair
Poor people skills
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS11 April 2017
Was well trained for the job. Account was something to believe in. Promoted staff was not sufficiently trained. They lacked knowledge in coaching and speaking skillls.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
2 breaks in an 8 hour shift. Poor management
not the place for me
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS25 March 2017
i didnt like working there but that is becasue i dont like to sit down all day and talk on the phone i am i more of a hands on person, but may be good for someone who just likes to sit all day and talk on the phone
Fun and easy
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS26 November 2016
Fun environment easy work/pay is pretty good.
Friendly staff. Although I was trained properly I was able to pick up on the job and perform my tasks well and with ease.