ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Found 183 reviews matching the search See all 2,225 reviews
enjoyed my time with them
FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Telegraph Creek, BC16 May 2019
Would work for them again. The jobs to complete were clear and the leadership was informative. Felt comfortable talking with and working with the leadership.
Terrible employer!
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2019
Couldn't stand working here. Rude boss, low pay, just not a good experience. Look elsewhere for work! Managers have no idea what they are doing. Pay is poor!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Kind and productive workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 April 2019
A very good place to work with kind and respectful coworkers. Cleaning can be more difficult in the colder months but still very doable. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Very Friendly place to work!
Commercial Crew (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 April 2019
You honestly couldnt ask for a more caring manager! very friendly place to work and they will do what it takes to ensure their employees are content and not in need of anything!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Don't work here.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2019
They don't care about their operators at all. The work sucks and you get zero support. Plus, you have to pay for your vehicle (lease payment, insurance, fuel, maintenance, tires, etc), all equipment, and the chemicals you use to clean, but you only get 35% of the job fee. It's a massive scam, but it works out great for the company!
Good fun experience
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 April 2019
I am so thankful for the opportunities given to me at this business, i met some really great coworkers and learned very valuable skills that not every 18 year old gets to learn at a job.
Pros
Weekends off
cleaner
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 March 2019
its ok work ive learned that the company took people for granted and don't treat employees that good. hardest part of the job was the time that u had to work
Factory based workplace
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 February 2019
I cleaned up the factory offices and bathrooms. Learned the ins and outs to get the job done quickly and efficiently. I enjoyed working in a team setting.
Hard working days
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2019
working a lot and very hard long days. employers switch their staff every 6 months about. the pay is good but you have to stay focused and work very hard.
Adaptive, multi-culteral, partly safe,partly sanitary, fast paced, unacceptable theft
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 February 2019
worked fast, team players, multi-cultural.The work was steady, supervisors took valuable items that had "sanitation risk" which was untrue or unneeded
Pros
Allowance, overtime, training, teamwork, determined work type attitude, 0 tolerance for drugs and alcohol, camps
Cons
away from home, some unsafe work enviorments, racicst co-workers, theft/ wrong info of valuable material, wrongful fireing of employees
great place to work
Fire and Smoke technician (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NB13 January 2019
I currently pack out customers contents and clean them then return them when the job is done. I have a certificate of Fire and Smoke technician with them.. I love all the people that I work with therefore I look forward to working with them every day
Good company
Large Loss Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2018
Some partners aren't great to work with or be around but, the owners are awesome. Staff is awesome and friendly. Gym in the building to work out at lunch and awesome golf days in the summer.
Its okay
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 December 2018
I worked at that job for about a year and it was really tiring on your body. I learned time standards and being able to work with no supervision. Meet new people at the workplace.
Stay away - bullying and caotic management
former management (Former Employee) –  Comox, BC5 December 2018
This company is the most disorganized I have ever worked for. Staff is unhappy. High expectations and no training. They also expect you to get everything done but work no overtime. In a nutshell, do not work there.
Cons
No training, unrealistic expectations, bad management, no culture
good place to learn
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2018
Great place to learn the trade! good people to work with and learn the trade from. Long term work for those that are interested. Plenty of room for growth.
Okay job
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 November 2018
its an okay job for a short period of time. the pay isn't good for the amount of work to be done. overall not bad but gets very tiring depending on who you're cleaning for there was a lot of heavy lifting
Indepndent type job with lots of benefits.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2018
A typical day at work for me would have been to get there and get my cart. I would clean the lobby, clean the common area (pool, gym, common room, library), then I would proceed to clean all 26 floors plus Penthouse 1 and 2.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone and taking my breaks when I wanted and also working at my own pace.
Pros
meeting the different residents in the building, working alone.
Cons
pay schedule.
Interesting
carpenter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
Learned a lot about disaster relief and the many things involved in turning a home around after an incident. knowledgeable and friendly staff. busy schedule
Service Master Ottawah
Janatorial (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2018
It was a decent short term position. I liked the employees at each location I was contracted to clean. I liked that I was able to work independently for the most part. It did sometimes before overwhelming to complete all daily cleaning and maintenance task thoroughly and properly with in set time periods, especially with the lack of training I recieved that felt rushed and was not supervisored for longer than a few shifts to make sure I was able to complete all tasks with no oversight. The only other negative aspect was that the locations were often not stoked, so I would have to make sure of the cleaning products I had for sometimes more than a few shifts. Overall, I did like the company and my time there. I appreciated the opportunity to work there temporarily.
Pros
Set tasks daily, able to work at your own pace, able to work independantly
Cons
Work Load with little managerial direction or team work support
High volume work loads and tight deadlines
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 October 2018
A decent company to work for.
High volume work loads and tight deadlines.
Pleasant colleagues and casual/friendly atmosphere.
Reasonable pay/benefits/perks
Pros
People/location
Cons
Systems/procedures in place are faulty and high performance is challenging to achieve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.