Service Plus Aquatics Inc. Employee Reviews

Lots of hours, good experience, but prone to being overworked
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2019
I used to work here during the summer as a preventative maintenance technician. It was good for lots of hours and overtime work. Working with pools and water features at various condos and apartments in the Greater Toronto Area was an interesting job.

However, someone in this position is prone to being overworked. I often worked about 11 hour days (start at around 6:00 AM and get home at about 5:00 PM) with a sporadic on/off schedule. It would be something like 4 days on, 1 day off. Sometimes it was more days on before getting a day off. Things were bad at one point with scheduling, as other summer technicians were quitting rapidly, and I was scheduled 8 days in a row once, given that we were spread thin. I was falling asleep in my car driving back to the office because I had been working so much.

We also had no consistent scheduling. The schedule was ever-changing. You often would not know if you were working the next day until about 10 PM or even later on some occasions when management would send you your route. It was always safe to assume you were working the next day, no matter what, haha.

We also had delivery drivers quit and we had to be responsible for delivering our own large batches of supplies to our sites. While it was doable, it was not an ideal situation. Deliveries of large amounts of chlorine jugs often ate into time a lot. Management did not do much to help us out with this.

I don't know how much management has changed since I stopped working there. Hopefully things have changed for the better. It's a good job for lots of hours, but be warned
  more... as you may get overworked.  less
Pros
Active work, outdoor work, lots of hours
Cons
High turnover rate, overworking, poor management
Okay to do a part time job.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 July 2018
Spent the whole day working, 8 am- 5pm. Always had constant work to do. I learned to file and shipping details. Enjoyed meeting new people and being in a formal environment.
Pros
Positive Enviornment
Cons
Long Hours and less pay
Construction technician
Senior Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  GTA27 January 2017
Busy company working throughout the GTA
Focused on customer satisfaction
Good team spirit
Many contracts - not enough employees
No balance between personal life and work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Plus Aquatics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Service Plus Aquatics Inc. Reviews by Location