Service Ontario

Service Ontario Employee Reviews

good place to work

Good place to work and using latest technology, and nice people to work with I have learnt so many different new thing in technology very friendly environment to work in OPS and all ministries.

Pros

good place to work

Cons

no cons

Employees were visibly unhappy

Not a good place to work if you're sensitive to people yelling and screaming at customers and being yelled and screamed at BY customers. It's emotionally exhausting.

Cons

Schedule is the sole responsibility of a computer system, hence exceptions arent accommodated

Alot of customers every day. Very busy

My time with service Ontario was very memorable . It was close to home and part-time exactly what I wanted at the time. It allowed me to have family time.

Pros

Busy

Cons

Paperwork

Soul Sucking

You process people all day. People who are abusive with no management protection. No benifits, no sick days, no vacation pay. You cant work cause you're sick, you dont get paid. Management only cares about the bottom line, employees are expendable and there is a high turn over rate. You get paid minimum wage to take public abuse and get treated like a nobody

Pros

No pros

Cons

Too many to list

Friendly and relax atmosphere environment

I’ve learned how to process ownerships transfer and renew licenses, stickers, identifications and etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.

High paced, can be stressfull

Serving customers with Service Ontario related products such as drivers licence renewal, health card renewal, registering vehicle, vehicle renewals advising and answering customer concerns

Is a good place to learn at the beginning after 3 month you should leave.

I'm enjoyable to work this job just only at the beginning after that is bad. I work at a private location manager doesn't know how to work as a team. Poor management I'm not recommend. And the paid can't afford your family.

Terrible experience.

I had to go to a psychiatrist for a year after working for this place. I was mocked and made fun of by manager. Called names every day by manager. Almost every customer wants to argue about everything .

Just DON’T do it!!

Horrible place to work. Offices are independently owned (don’t be fooled that it is a government job) so pay is minimum wage. Tons to learn and the responsibilities expected definitely out weigh the pay. While I was employed management would “rate” prospective interviewees by coding resumes with a guess on age - can you say discrimination?? Many confidential rules were broken as well. I did however have a nice co-worker. That was the only good part of the job. The only

Nothing special

Just routine day at work. No activities or anything special. Good schedule though. This was an franchise Service Ontario so my comments are based on this place only. I'm assuming the Government departments of Service Ontario are quite different.

Horrible experience

Can't go on vacation... must be there a year or longer. Vacation is not buildable like how MOST companies run their companies. They pay young girls $14.00/hr and be friends and use workplace politics and manipulation to keep their staff and the manager watches ynr soaps in the back. It was a stepping stone for me to have the brand on my resume however horrible experience.

You learn alot

Great workplace. You learn new things everyday. Fast paced environment. You learn alot of patience. You will eventually be able to handle angry customer as the you gain experience in the role.

I totally loved this job. It was a joy working with the public.

When I was working there truly loved my job. Dealing with the public on a daily basis. Although there are challenges it is also rewarding. It definitely was a job where you could learn something new everyday.

worst place I have ever worked no training at all

No training how do you give security. you have to pay for so much before you get the job and do all the security training on your own. over 2 months then when you get the job no hours but you are not allow to get another job to pay bills and be on call just in case

Nice place to work not extremely hard work

The work is very easy and co-workers are great. Very hard to deal with the general public. Now that a lot of transaction can be done online job security is an issue.

Stressful work environment with very rude customers

I learned a lot about the vehicles in Ontario and the healthcare system in Ontario. It is a challenging job. The system used by the ministry is very old and can be very confusing. You have to remember a lot as the system is very old. As well as all the different rules and regulations for both vehicle and the healthcare side. Customers are normally very rude and angry.

Productive workplace

This company has a lot of benefits for people working for them. I love the team of developers that I'm working with and I'm enjoying every single moment there. My job is hard but it's shaping me for the future as part of experience in my field (Software Engineering).

Nice atmosphere

Great company, Management and Executive staff were very helpful and approachable, great staff on all levels.Busy environment. Nice atmosphere,wonderful supervisors.

Pros

Shines a light on the entirely of an employee's actions, not just what the manager witnesses

Cons

Could be difficult for some employees to judge accurately

enjoyable and friendly workplace

- fun workplace - built good relations with customers - co-operative and understanding management - friendly co-workers - the hardest part of the job is to make people understand government rules and have them follow it - fun part of the job is talking and dealing with people and help them with transactions and keep them happy

Pros

long breaks

Cons

working on weekends

Lacked Job Security

I enjoyed my position very much and excelled quickly. In a matter of only a few months I went from entry level position to an acting 10 position. I was given a lot of responsibility and was happy working for Service Ontario. Unfortunately with the new government many people were retiring and not being replaced. I too decided to retire early.

Pros

Mentally stimulating job

Cons

Worked mostly by myself as no replacement of retirees and several on stress leave.

Nice place

Entertaining workplace, always on foot with something to work on. Lots to learn along with great staff in a great working environment. Long hours with minimal breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement