Service Ontario Employee Reviews

Loved my job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 March 2018
Service Ontario was a great place to work with the benefit of having co-workers that were amazing. We had a very busy office but we maintained professionalism and laugh together with our customers which made it nice to come to work.,
Stressful and frustrating workplace with no future
Licencing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
-Training was erratic at best and management expected you to know everything too soon
-LOTS of memorization with no written material available
-High turnover rate, constantly hiring due to bad management and highly stressful job
-Management loved to bring you into their office to yell and scream, instead of provide constructive criticism or show how things should be done.
-Rules CONSTANTLY changing, once you memorize one rule, you'll have to re-learn it and management does not accept mistakes
-Attention to tiny details, like one letter is expected
-Customers grumpy and rude, management no better
-Inconsistent training, one manager preferred work done one way, the other another way, lead to difficulties when owner came around and demanded another way it should be done!
-Stopped being paid after 5pm (closing time), even if customers were STILL in building. Had to service them all still without being paid.
-Overall: Frustrating environment with no professional growth, no benefits, minimum wage and lots of angry management/customers
-Would NOT recommend
Pros
Free lunches every now and again, day over by 5pm
Cons
Management, no benefits, minimum wage, terrible training, stopped being paid after closing time
Très bien
Commis de bureau (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2018
Service Ontario est une entreprise respectueuse des employés.
Wonderful work atmosphere
Key Holder Manager, Rudsak, Queen Street West (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 January 2018
Working at service ontario has taught me many skill building characteristics such as time management, patients while working with the public, as well as attention to important details. Management, as well as other co-workers are very helpful, kind, understanding, and create a great work atmosphere full of support both in work setting and personal life.
Pros
Occasional free coffee, great staff, always parking space
Cons
Long days, bland office space
Fast pace work environment
Customer/Dealer Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2017
Service Ontario is a very fast pace work environment.The job requires speed and accuracy as well as time management skills and efficient customer service skills. The work environment is very friendly and open. Due to the job requirements and load of work there is never a dull or slow day. Being in charge of Dealership licencing has improved my leadership skills as well as my hands on skills. It has also increased my knowledge of different businesses.
Pros
Friendly staff, paid lunch break, heavy work load
Cons
Short lunch break
Fast paced, customer based place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON28 October 2017
I enjoyed working with the many of different people on a daily basis. I entered their data, accepted payments, made sure all their needs were met. Answered telephones, interacted with head office often, entered data, key holder, cleaned the establishment daily. Enjoyed my job
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2017
Awesome place to work everyone was great.
It was good too bad the place closed now. The lawyer was amazing. But he did give alot of work to do that was the only problem.
Service Ontario
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2017
Very busy office on bay, great staff and clients but management was sub par, good pay for the work work required, a lot of part not much full time opportunities
Fun place with great co-workers
Commissioner of Oaths - Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 July 2017
Job security. good co-workers. No benefits. Lots of policies to learn everyday. Hours are not bad except for the Saturdays 9-1 which sort of ruins your week-end if you have a family.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Some days better than others with customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
excellent customer service skills is required and was to complete all paper work for the ministry of transportation. I would have to ensure accuracy was my first priority.
Pros
excellent
Cons
excellent
Government
Bilingual Outreach Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Great government job!

Day to day work is left at the office and you are not expected to take home any overflow. Great pace and great benefits, as is expected with public service.
Excellent Organization
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 February 2017
As employer, I worked individually and as a part of a team of 8 people in a multicultural environment. I daily greeted more than 60 clients and responded to general inquires related with the Ministry of Transportation and Health regulations in both official languages. I effectively used computers to introduce data and process transactions while managing confidential information demonstrating discretion, tact and professionalism in a high-volume client service environment. As part of my daily routine I effectively provided information, explained processes and responded to inquiries in person and by telephone related to vehicle registration, and driver license, plate stickers and health card renewals.
Pros
Multiculturalism
Cons
Short time for lunch
Productive day at work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Serviced the public by issuing Health Cards and Driver’s Licences in strict accordance with the standard Ministry.

Provided assistance and support to customers in completing documents and forms.

Provided guidance and information to customers in relation to Ministry procedures
Pros
Great hours/ weekends off
Cons
No job security
good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cities, ON23 January 2017
Very good job, very rewarding,but can be stressful at times.Best part of my job is,I meet new people everyday. Hardest part is when,I am unable to help a person in need when they cannot come up with their documents required.
Excellent Productive Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 January 2017
a typical day at service ontario includes long line ups of men and woman needing to renew and apply for their drivers license and health cards, along with the registration and renewal of their vehicles. WIth help from the respectful and knowledgable management, I am able to understand the requirements for certain certificates, vehicles, transfers, etc and am now able to move through customers faster because of it. The hardest part of the job is having to assist customers who are upset and choose to raise their voice at you because occasionally they will not listen to what you have to say leaving the line held up and customers upset.
Pros
Constantly Busy, Fast days
good place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 January 2017
At service ontario,i have to assist staff, dealing with customer queries, dealing with customer and staff complaints, reporting to my manager.working in this office,I learned how to deal with the ccustomers in an efficient and professional way
Fast pace working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Unionville, ON1 December 2016
Experience in examining and verifying data, documents and photos
Obtain and input client information, processing invoices, monitoring the amount usage of stock used, collect and apply appropriate fees for different services rendered, and often have to explain, clarify and interpret policy and procedures to new and returning clients
Experience providing service in person to the general public in a fast-pace environment.Perform in clerical task such as multi-tasking, photocopying, form preparations, faxing, telephone inquiry and research vehicle identities. Co-workers are easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is able to help customers to answer their questions.
great place to work
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 October 2016
Great managers, coworkers, and a vert organized business. This is the ideal place to work, to bad the government stopped funding or I would have continued to work for them.
Pros
Flexibility, and understanding
Tough job
Ministry of Transportation clerk (Current Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON23 September 2016
Looking after customers, all aspects of licencing and Ontario health care. The best part of the job is our customers, they make the job worthwhile. The job has no advancement and because it is private issued it is a very unfair wage for the knowledge that we have to know.
Pros
Cons
long hours, very repeitive .
Boring, slow, repetitive work
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 July 2016
Very slow and daunting tasks like organizing blueprints or counting tapes for surveying. Very hard on your back as you would be sitting constantly