Service Master Clean
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Service Master Clean Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews

some fun with colleagues

Not the best place to work if you are looking for benefits or do something for your life. Great for students since the exigence it is not a big deal, so you wont add more stress to your life, the job is easy to do and you will have a fixed schedule.

Pros

vacations paid

Cons

sometimes short staffed

It’s very good work place

I enjoyed a lot at my work place all are very cooperative over there and all are very good behaviour also good I get good vibes at my work place all are very good

Pros

Good time for break

Cons

Sometimes fast work

Not fun at all

The worst place to work they don’t care about they staff at all… I really really hated this job, wouldn’t recommend to anyone else in the world please stay away for this place , they make a very easy job super hard

Sometimes fun sometimes stressful

Work was good. Communication sometimes were not the best. Interaction between coworkers good. Lots of misunderstandings between management and workers.

Pros

Friendly and welcoming

Cons

It was night time work and lots of misunderstandings.

Stressful and minimal training

My manager was very nice, but the accountant and HR personnel are horrible!! Very stressful and toxic work/office environment. Turnover for the position I was in is very high.

Pros

the odd paid lunch for staff

Cons

Pulled in too many directions at the same time

Dont waste your time

Absolute terrible company to work for. They deducted 16 hours off my 60 hour pay because their van trackers were malfunctioning. When I emailed head office their solution was to tell my manager to write me up for tampering with their trackers and fire me. I never touched it and it was a problem long before I worked for them. My manager chose to not fire me, against their wishes, but seeing how poorly they treat their employees who they only pay minimum wage to begin with, I chose to quit and find a new job. The work wasn't bad, but the company is a disgrace. Don't waste your time. Each person on our van runs has been docked pay because of the company's malfunctioning trackers and they refuse to rectify the issue. Find any other company to work for.

Pros

Cons

Dont pay their employees for hours worked

A special environment to work

In a typical day working as a Comercial Cleaner at Service Master you have to clean offices in a crew. In my experience at Service Master I just had awesome partners and I can say they have a special environment to work at Barrie's Branch, from the manager to the partner's crew you probably might have a nice time. The workplace culture makes everything easier and funnier. It is definitely a good place to work if you like to work at night shifts.

Pros

Good workplace culture, management

Cons

Payment

Make you feel like your part of the Family!!

There door is always open to talk, or listen to new ideas, very supportive group!! Have the opportunity to grow in the company. A great experience!!!

Bad spot

Wasn’t a nice place to work. Pay was garbage especially with the amount of work given. Treated like slaves. It wasn’t a job I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

People

Cons

Pay

please do not work here.

I was there for over a year an a half and the management was by far the worst! The owner didn't even know what was going on half the time. They have certain times marked for how long your supposed to be at a contract for. One could be 3 hours and you could get it done in 40minutes. And if you don't stay full time, they start talking your ear off on how terrible you are.

Pros

Co-workers we great!

Cons

owner is a terrible person

position fast paced

They said i would have some weekends off.. This never changed even though they promised some weekends and nights off. Also no raise and no benefits ...

A nice quiet job

This job has been central to my life now for a decade. It has helped me grow as a person and an employee. It has good working conditions and I recommend it to anyone who likes quietness and routine repetition.

Cleaning services

working for service master was very far for me. cleaning warehouses got stressful for the amount of money i was getting paid. the hours were consistent which was good how ever the job was very draining.

overall great place to work.

There's nothing really bad to say about service master clean of Calgary if you work hard, show up on time and do the job right working there will be a blast.

Its really good to work to this company

This company is good to work with nice management and we all employee are happy to work even is past pace and stressful but we still maintain the cleanliness our service

Sometimes the boss took us out for dinner

I always took the hours offered to me I was fine with that, i asked to never be called out at night as i use cpap they were ok with thatfinished review

very attentive and helping supervisor

cleaning offices, cafeteria and restrooms of a warehouse. Best part is knowing peoples and making friends. Hardest part is to efficiently clean the washrooms in very little time.

The absolute worst job I have ever had

They work you like a dog for 14$ an hour. 14.25$ after 2 10 and 1 5 cent raise in TWO years. Horrible management, owner takes a lot of vacations while employees are struggling with 14$

Pros

Slight schedule flexibility

Cons

Pay, management, gossip, physically exhausting

Don't Work for this company

worst company to work for ever, they take advantage of you, pay is garbage, management is garbage! they work you to death. very very unprofessional they make you do things the unsafe way Don't follow heath and safety. DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY STAY AWAY!!!!!

The worst

This job was literally the worst job I have ever had! Very disorganized, horrible management! Top 3 of Canada’s worst jobs ! Save your self your mental health because if you work here you will slowly go into a depression it’s that bad ! Absolutely DO NOT RECOMMEND only good thing was the people you work with

Great to work for

I have a 13 month old daughter and my boyfriend works full time, two jobs. So cleaning I am able to work around his schedule and we can avoid daycare for the time being.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Master Clean. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6