Service Master Clean

Service Master Clean Employee Reviews

The absolute worst job I have ever had
Former Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 January 2020
They work you like a dog for 14$ an hour. 14.25$ after 2 10 and 1 5 cent raise in TWO years. Horrible management, owner takes a lot of vacations while employees are struggling with 14$
Pros
Slight schedule flexibility
Cons
Pay, management, gossip, physically exhausting
Don't Work for this company
None yet (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 December 2019
worst company to work for ever, they take advantage of you, pay is garbage, management is garbage! they work you to death. very very unprofessional they make you do things the unsafe way Don't follow heath and safety. DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY STAY AWAY!!!!!
The worst
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 October 2019
This job was literally the worst job I have ever had! Very disorganized, horrible management! Top 3 of Canada’s worst jobs ! Save your self your mental health because if you work here you will slowly go into a depression it’s that bad ! Absolutely DO NOT RECOMMEND only good thing was the people you work with
Great to work for
Office Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 April 2018
I have a 13 month old daughter and my boyfriend works full time, two jobs. So cleaning I am able to work around his schedule and we can avoid daycare for the time being.
Excellent company to work for
Cleaner/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
I loved working for this company. I learned a lot in my position and enjoyed the hard work. If you work hard, they see your potential and will work with you. I felt appreciated.
Pros
Busy all the time
Cons
Contract work is not reliable income
Amazing Job
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON22 June 2017
- A typical day consists of cleaning carpets/upholstery
- I learned how to work with others and meet deadlines
- Great supervisors
- Great environment to work in
- Hardest part of the job is taking stains out of carpets
- Most enjoyable part is working with others and meeting new customers
My work day
Janitorial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON7 January 2017
Start with a meeting with my operation manager and production manager. Pick up and deliver supplies to contracts as needed.Schedule commercial jobs or do them and schedule other staff to do cleaning or myself to clean offices if/when staff book off sick.
or on vacation. Go out and measure and give quotes for commercial work. Do paper work. Handle complaints from customers.
Pros
Get a long with most staff
Cons
Last minute book offs.
it was okay
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON4 December 2016
the things i liked most about working for Service Master, was the experience i gained doing so. there is really no interaction with people as the hours i worked were after hours |(night shift). So i was alone at a couple of the accounts i was cleaning, which i did not like. the wage is not so good either.
Easy and light job
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 May 2016
In my almost three years working in River Rock Casino under Service Master Clean as a housekeeping ...I should say that I had fun working in a nice ambience...happy dealing with different people from all walks of life. I also had a wonderful team mates. Learned a lot of things specially when it comes to customer service.
Cons
No benefits
really shady, and sneaky about payments
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2016
did not pay certain hours you worked, as well as very shady about work tasks and duties to fulfill, lead hands also very shady about payrolls
long nights
janitor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay Ontario4 October 2015
I would start the day packing up the vacuum and putting rags together, grabbing mop, broom, and cleaning materials. After I would have everything needed I would go to the first location and Clean Garbage bins. vacuum carpets sweep and mop floors, sanitize counter tops, washrooms and desks. I would do this for multiple locations.
Excellent working environment and exceptional management
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2015
one of best places i work in. the management was excellent. management was very straight forward. the allowed me to teach my self brand new things such as stripping and waxing of floors. easy going job. its cleaning. but you do have to stand most of the time so be prepared.
Pros
pay
Cons
standing all day
can be fun
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  barrie, ontario27 June 2015
unless you want your mental health gone don't apply. this place has its days but mostly bad days. don't apply you will be angry all the time!
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
No Pay Advances, Bad Management
Cleaning Office Buildings
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 June 2015
As a Service Master Team member I was responsible for cleaning various office buildings at a scheduled pace. I was required to complete all tasks the customer requested be completed accurately and in the allotted time.
Pros
Working as a team member
Cons
Working until 3am
my work place is in Scarborough at OWENS CORNING
Cleaner/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 February 2015
I was in charge of the maintenance and cleaning of production plant and some parts of the building where the office are located, I used to do my work in areas where it is allowed to work with cleaning machines.
I learned a lot in that place of such work under safety standards by that company bases its work put on the safety of workers learned to recognize the signs of security that each worker must remain inside the production plant there is much traffic of vehicles load also learned about teamwork and follow other instructions
I can say I have very good friends in this place we had a good relationship as workers and people.
The hardest part of my job at that place were during the days when the production lines were to be stopped to give their respective maintenance and sometimes the work was so much that we had to work overtime.
The most enjoyed part of the work was break time as it was the time to talk to colleagues who are very good people and as I said above is that I have good friends there.
Pros
We had free breakfast
Cons
8 Hours
organisation du materiel et du staff
cleaning carpet (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC28 January 2015
j'aime quand le travail est bien diviser et clair. cela m'aide a planifier ma journée et me permet de sauver du temps et de l'effort qui peuvent être gaspiller si le travaille est mal géré.
Pros
diner payer
Cons
mal organiser
it was a nice company to work for
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 October 2014
i have enjoyed working there. i liked the fact that i was totally reponsible for my own account. I have learned a lot there and enjoyed the people that i worked for
Pros
i was reponsible for my own acct
Cons
not enough trust
fun cleaning job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 August 2014
cleaning multiple different locations daily. Offices, restaurants, museums etc. Very flexible working position
Pros
lots of job placements
Cons
too much unpaid travel time
Atmosphere was great with co-employees.
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 May 2014
Very mondain type of work, doing the same thing at the same places, not learning anything new or exciting. Management was very strict and showed favourtism to certain employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was to have my own independence and have responsibility as a supervisor to myself with only the boss auditing me.
Pros
Ability to work by myself with no one else to blame, set my own way of doing things to my needs.
Cons
Management was horrible to work for.
cleaning company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2013
Housekeeping duties, working by yourself, and mild interaction with supervisor, mostly to report difficulties or when there are special request or complains