Service Experts

Service Experts Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Good
What can I say. It was a job I spent years training for and industry got slow and I finally got let go. It was a good place but as always in this industry there was no where to go up in.
I loved my time there
Managment is fantastic. Very fair. You are family when working there, not just an employee. Office staff and technicians are AMAZING!! would highly recommend working there.
Hard work is well rewarded
Almost 30 years in HVAC doing installs and service work and it’s the best overall job I’ve had. Been here for 10 years now. Newer trucks and company is very safety oriented
Challenging place to work
If you like long hours and decent pay than you may want the experience. I asked for proper training on there equipment and never got it
They used me when they were busy and when they weren’t they tossed me to the unemployment line without elaborating on why

Good bosses and great office personnel with good coworkers
Pros
You get your own truck
Cons
Long hours and jobs should be measured and metal ordered and ready before you go
Unhealthy environment
This is not a healthy environment to be in. Favoritism is a factor and being bullied happened to myself during my employment there. Office manager was made aware of the treatment from the other employee. I experienced this on my very first day of employment at the company. I made the office manager aware, however the answer i received was "that is just the way she is" . The bullying continued to happen and the office manager was made aware a 2nd and 3rd time. Again nothing done. After another day of this harassment I finally contacted the HR department, which was offsite. I do not recommend working at this company until CHANGES occur. The relationship between the Sales Coordinator/Customer service Rep and Office Manager is not appropriate in the workplace and favoritism is obvious. Hence why the last 3 people employed since February 2019 are no longer at the company. Very unfortunate.
Pros
Cons
unhealthy environment, boring.
Unprofessional, terrible place to work
From the lack of training, to the management discussing you negatively with your co-workers this environment is toxic to anyone with any sound of mind. They try to cover up their lack of business skills, professional etiquette by throwing random BBQs and telling you about "office events where the boss pays for everything (including alcohol but shhh don't tell anyone and "it gets crazy""...umm no thanks!
Pros
Location - close to costco, starbuck, tims, food places
Cons
Terrible office manager, toxic envir, long hours, not well paid
Great company
The company itself is great, but when it comes down to the way you're treated.. you get what you give. If you work hard, and care about your job/the people.. they will do anything in their power to make sure you are happy. The office people do what they can to ensure the customers and fellow employees are treated fairly and with respect. There are lots of laughs, and is a family type environment. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Respectful, caring, fun
Awful
Unfair work environment. No concern with new employees. Trading inconsistent with little work in general to do in 9 hour day. Favoritism was a huge factor.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Noneork ethic
Good way to learn about the job
A typical day for me at Service Experts was:
1. We'd have to get to the shop early in the morning (Mon - Fri)

2. We'd get our jobs from the dispatcher and hear about any safety messages or any concerns that had come up from the night before.

3. I'd have to drive to different customers home in a work vehicle and fix any issues / maintain their Furnace & AC.

4. We wouldn't see any of our co workers for the most part of the day.
Pros
Work Vehicle
Cons
Long Hours
Terrible place to work - glad I'm gone
This company is poorly run. They micro manage you to death. Tell you lies to keep you in your job with hope things will change and they never do. Revenue has taken a nose dive since the previous owner left. They hired someone to replace me but she doesn't even do my job - what a joke. You get paid to work your lunch, are expected to work overtime even if you don't want to. They provide you with laptops so you can do work at home. The morale is bad there and it is toxic. I'm glad I left.
Good luck to everyone who is still there!
Pros
Decent wages and benefits
Cons
long hours and bad morale
Poorly maintained fleet, complacent management.
The head dispatcher is the rudest most abrasive woman I’ve ever met, and favouritism is obvious when it comes to calls sent to you and he amount of hours you get. If she decides she doesn’t like you then you don’t get work.
The most poorly maintained fleet vehicle I’ve ever driven. Asking for snow tires is often met with excuses or even hostility.

Management was complacent and lazy at best. More time is spent “looking at” or “talking about” things than getting them done. The whole building had one poorly functioning combustion analyzer.

The other fellows on the crew were great and good to work with and the wages were reasonable if you could get any hours.
Pros
Weekly donuts
Cons
Poor management, dispatch, and very low moral overall
Good
Very good job, very flexible and understanding, they are accommodating and very hard workers. They are always good. The best thing about it is that they are in a good location
Good
Good work environment
educational

fair wages

good benefits

brilliant technicians
Friendly workplace
Manager caring about my performance.
Senior Tech's helpful mentoring me during troubleshooting situations.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the dedicated loyal customers who stay with Abbey Air for decades to have there A/C and Furnace's looked after. Friendly customers, friendly people all around. Great experience with Abbey Air in Oakville.
Pros
Very nice Xmas lunch gathering at the office with office staff and tech's
Nice workplace for stressed people
There's not that much work. There's no pressure. The management is supportive, patient & understanding. I couldn't remember having a hard time with co-workers or the job itself. I could sleep straight through the night without thinking anything about work.
Productive and Great Workplace Environment
Good company but not great. The co-Workers are very helpful and management are to busy to help. As an employee perspective , not a company willing to move up quick even if shown improvement or education needed within the company to get raise.
Pros
Co-workers amazing
Cons
Management, Pay Structure and no Steady Hours
excellent
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning they believe in doing what’s right for customers and employees. They offer the stability of working for a national industry leader, but also treat people like family. The team is made up of the very best, and provide ongoing training, support, and opportunities for unlimited professional growth.
Hard work but rewarding
Service Experts had great benefits and good people to work for. Certain times through the year you could get as little as 20 hours per week.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
fluctuating hours
work-life balance no existant, very poor management-dont waste your time applying-look anywhere else!
They bring you on board promising the world, great hours, pay, work-life etc, once they have you through probation and making some money they change the playing field and demand you work 6 days a week, many hours per day, nights, weekends, on call, basically 80 plus hours per week working on 100 percent commission and if you dont the threats are plentiful. A company in total disaster mode, downsizing, scrambling, no direction, terrible leadership, you can make money but be prepared to give your total existance to your general manager.
Pros
Benefits, compenstion ok
Cons
hours, work-life balance non existance, treatment by management
Loved it!
Managed office team's progress and reviewed their work.
• Accurately manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, purchase orders, invoicing to customers and insurance companies using computerized and manual systems; • Updated data in accounting system by executing financial and productivity control reports, reconciliation of bank statements and other financial administration functions required to support achieving budget objectives;

• Month end reconciliations such as general ledger, bank statement and corporate credit cards; • Administration of employee benefits, payroll, and maintenance employee files within a specific time frame

Fun people to work with.
Good place overall. Good people and local managers!
Enjoyed working as a technician here and left for other opportunities in the industry. The local managers especially the service manager who used to be there were really supportive and effective. Good team environment and benefits but the wages could be about 10% higher I think. Most techs agreed. They tried keeping you busy and did a good job communicating goals and objectives.
Pros
Benefits package and the local managers in service and installs
Cons
Wages need to be increased and senior management is clued out
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Service Experts. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8