Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning Employee Reviews

2.1Job Security & Advancement
work-life balance no existant, very poor management-dont waste your time applying-look anywhere else!
Residential Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  KW, Cambridge area24 October 2013
They bring you on board promising the world, great hours, pay, work-life etc, once they have you through probation and making some money they change the playing field and demand you work 6 days a week, many hours per day, nights, weekends, on call, basically 80 plus hours per week working on 100 percent commission and if you dont the threats are plentiful. A company in total disaster mode, downsizing, scrambling, no direction, terrible leadership, you can make money but be prepared to give your total existance to your general manager.
Pros
Benefits, compenstion ok
Cons
hours, work-life balance non existance, treatment by management
Company in crisis
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canada16 April 2013
Apparently Service Experts use to be a great place to work at but in the past few years things have spiraled out of control. Probably the most negative and toxic work environments I've been around.

A series of poor decisions by the recently departed CEO and upper management took the company from record high earning to something like 25% loss in two years and the results have shown. Huge staff turn around, Micro Managers and low morale. Recently sold by Lennox and bought by a public equity entity they've restored their previous CEO so it'll be interesting to see if he's able to turn the boat around.

I'm glad to have found work elsewhere and got out when I did, I didn't realize just how poorly that environment had effected me.
Pros
good salary, good focus on safety, has still some really good people working there.
Cons
lack of clear direction, poor leadership and management, negative and paranoid place to work
lesson well learned
Area Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 February 2013
This particular position was very stressful and demanding. I started at 7:30 and end my day at work place at 5pm but on a regular bases worked at home as well till later. During this postion I learned I had alot of patience and could control high stress levels very well. This particular company was in a transition period where lots of changes were going on and not much planning had been thought of, Database that I was to use had mega multiple codes for same product,and coworkers were using all different codes in system which made monthly and yearly reports a mess. Being the purchaser the system couldnt tell me qty's of usages which made my job difficult and in result had to do alot of manually counts.My boss was great,but management and co-workers were very co-operative. I am proud that I can look at this experience and know with what I had to work with I did my best.
Pros
it added to my skills and my experiences
Cons
never feeling like part of the team when all you wanted to do is help a company.