Serco Employee Review

A poor company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ontario30 January 2013
Work environment stressful, no support from management, extensive travel involved, not fair distribution of workload between staff. Hopefully you'll be a favourite, if not watch out. Management from supervisors to top of company not good. It's a shame, the wages are decent, but no job security. You'll get sent home all the time when it's quiet so don't actually think just because your full time or you have seniority that you will work a full week. You will have to work weekends in the summer, mandatory overtime and sent home in the winter. It's constantly an unpleasant environment. the reviews I read on hear none of them are from Serco DES all different parts of the company from all over the world. so take them with a grain of salt, company is not run the same everywhere.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
horrible environment, stressful, lacks job security, bad management

Other Serco Employee Reviews

Absolutely terrible!,
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 April 2018
Management.....what management?.. The lack of privacy regarding ones workplace assessment was mind boggling. I felt that I was in a reality television program. Find something else.....anything else!!!
Pros
Most of the clients were very nice
Cons
We have wellness club and monthly walking competion
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
It has more than 500 employees working diversified customer service oriented company. Since closely working with government I learned the government policy, procedure and public service. I used to be very difficult to co up with the DOS based system provided by government and now we implemented custom made new system for our Finance and front end purpose. It is great to have demand mandatory so we don't need to spend money for marketing, sales and promotional activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.