Serco Employee Reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 3,262 reviews
Not worth the risk
Driver Examiner (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 August 2018
Great staff and hours but not worth risking your life every 15 mins getting in cars with people not knowing how to drive the majority of the time. Very stressful and scary most of your day.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Very stressful and not worth risking your life and being killed in an accident.
Driver Examiner: Stressful and unappreciated.
Driver Examiner (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 August 2018
The pay is very good but there are hardly any benefits if pt. There are hardly any advancement opportunities if you are a driver examiner. The work itself is easy but it is very stressful. You almost have to work overtime everyday and it is extremely frustrating. Its always management against employees and it is a very harsh work environment.
Pros
Good pay, monthly potluck
Cons
overtime, stressful, management
Watch your back- the management do not care about they staff
previous employee (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL21 April 2018
This place is a joke. Any good staff they get they can't keep. people in positions they should not be including the site manager. worst place i have ever worked.
Absolutely terrible!,
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 April 2018
Management.....what management?.. The lack of privacy regarding ones workplace assessment was mind boggling. I felt that I was in a reality television program. Find something else.....anything else!!!
Pros
Most of the clients were very nice
Cons
We have wellness club and monthly walking competion
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
It has more than 500 employees working diversified customer service oriented company. Since closely working with government I learned the government policy, procedure and public service. I used to be very difficult to co up with the DOS based system provided by government and now we implemented custom made new system for our Finance and front end purpose. It is great to have demand mandatory so we don't need to spend money for marketing, sales and promotional activities.
all in all challenging everyday
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 February 2018
Serco runs the drivetest centers for Ontario. Typical day is processing applications for all kinds of transactions required for getting a Drivers Licence.
This job has honed my skills for people management, eye for minute details. The most interesting training we receive Fraudulent training to check documents.
Pros
meet all kinds of people.
Cons
many people not pleasant
Mobbing
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Bay Street16 December 2017
Contractors are mobbing against new employee
Way to improve:
1. Each job should be defined with clear objectives
2. Need an open and honest work environment
3. New updates should be communicated to old and new employees
Pros
Free coffee and snacks
Cons
Feel cornered
Focused on operational excellence and change management
Business Transformation Partner/Aboriginal Liaison (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL3 September 2017
Customer service is key; management focused on efficiencies and staff engagement.

Staff asked for opinions on efficiencies and process improvements to improve operational approach.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
DND yet to release 5 Wing Goose Bay's operational role
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 March 2017
I enjoyed helping customers face to face, learning the computer system, unfortunately, my learning skills were not adequate according to the London Office Manager.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Discrimination against my learning disabilities
A great source of customer relations experience to be had.
Driving Examiner (Former Employee) –  Downsview Park24 February 2017
I would arrive uber early to get my desk and things organized. Then we would go to dispatch to pick up road test for the morning. The job was very stressful in that I was in a vehicle marking a sometimes inept new driver or alternately a driver aspiring for higher licensing. The traffic with the mix of a nervous candidate made for a somewhat dangerous possibility. In order to relay the results of a negative test one had to develop very strong diplomacy and sensitivity as failure is sometimes not accepted well. This was a very difficult part of the job. I had people that had been failed multiple times who actually felt very positive about their experience with me and asked if they could have be do their next booked road test.
Pros
very busy bustling environment
Cons
very long stressful day with very little down time
Fun workplace but upper management does not treat their employees very well
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
This is good place to work as I have been able to develop many new skills and further my professional growth. The only issue I would have with Serco is that management does not treat their employees very well, specifically the part-time employees. Schedule changes from week - to - week in terms of hours and employees are expected to come in on their days off, supervisors also always fighting with employees over how much time was worked (having to argue over 15 minutes of overtime?) is a real drag. I have been lucky in that I have been given opportunities to learn different tasks and ascend up the ladder a bit but most have not been so lucky.
Pros
Generally a good place to earn a paycheque
Cons
Management treats their employees poorly
its ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
privatize company, very busy, it provides me with a paycheck every 2 weeks, hours varies, job is not difficult, takes alot of patience and attention to detail.
Productive and fun place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Work life balance is very good.The processes and team work is next to none. Progressive improvement is enhanced due to great team collaboration.
Work time should be fruitful or valuable.
Team Lead AFC (Current Employee) –  united Arab Emirates27 January 2017
I had one experience during execution of project as per client expectation they want to complete their project completion before committed time period. After that i finished that project with the support of my colleague.

After that i learnt how to work finish under the time limit without compromise of quality of work.
Pros
free lunch and transportation
Interesting/fun and knowledgeable..
Commissionaire (Current Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL21 January 2017
I like more hours here working schedule 12 Hours shift night and Day.I love the company and co-worker they're very supportive and accomodating.I like that they encourage the worker to do some training courses that provided by the company..The hardest part of this job during the bad weather..but i love this job but not enough to support my financial needs.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
More hours
general
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 December 2016
good salary but no job security. No work life balance Management claims to value staff but does not. Most jobs only part time with winter layoffs. Staff provided with minimal support from company
No loyality at all Nothinlg like the commitment gov of Ontario showed
Outside Examiner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 July 2016
Nothing special can't get organized lays off devoted employees with no notice. No commitment to injured workers with motified duties upper management sucks.
Productive and fun to work
Senior Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
Great place to work. Lots to learn. The management can sometimes be bias but if you have the potential you can work your way through. Good luck !!!
can be stressful
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2016
The job itself can be very stressful, 15 - 21 examinations perday on a time restraint..

Only part time positions available, no benefits, and annual lay offs..
Pros
good wages
Cons
dangerous job
United we stand, Divided we fall!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 November 2015
A great place to work effectively and efficiently as a team to complete set projects. variety of assigned tasks such as managing people, imputing data, verbal/written testing. Great understanding among each other made me feel like a sports player on a team facilitating to achieve victory.
Pros
excellent souce to learn/develop language and professional skills
Cons
repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K