Serco Group logo
Serco Group

Serco Group Employee Reviews

Found 43 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,856 reviews

Not a bad place

If you like being on the phone all day it’s a great job for you. Pay is great and benefits as well! Always job openings available and room for raises.

Fun atmospher

Very busy and high stress job but great co workers and amazing bosses.

nice company but low pay

nice collegues, good environment. take too long time to check my background before hiring. but the salary is lower than the industry average, at least for developers.

Stressful work environment that is badly managed

At DriveTest you spend your shift aiding the public by processing transactions related to driver licensing. This is a privately run company that only cares about their bottom line. And it's not just customer service that they skimp on in order to make money...the physical work environment is dreadful...constantly broken equipment, broken HVAC, bad pest control, even trying to find a decent chair for your desk or a working stapler can be a challenge. Work schedule is only received 36 hours in advance, and shift hours are designed to ensure you aren't paid for breaks. They schedule minimal hours and you are basically on call every day. You are always being asked to come in early, come in on a day off or to stay late. Absolutely everything you do is monitored and timed. If you take too long processing transactions you are told to speed up, if you make an error because you're trying to work quickly you get told your error rate is too high, if you spend too much time between transactions (trying to hunt down a working pen or a paper clip) you are accused of slacking off. I'm not joking....everything you do is timed without exception. All of this just compounds the stress you are under in an already highly challenging position. Your customer service skills will be pushed to their limits and you will never receive positive feedback from managers who are overworked themselves and only concerned with the numbers. Most enjoyable part of the job: meeting lots of people from different cultures and helping them get their driver's license Least enjoyable part of the job: lack -

Pros

Decent pay for a part time job

Cons

Incredibly stressful and micro-managed

Working Outdoors

Working Outdoors, Snowclearing the Parkinglots and Ramps on the Runways. Working with a Group of people.Having lunches and morning breaks together, Learning new Skills.

shift work

So many years since I've worked here, always 12 hour shifts. I did mostly nights, never had any issues. I did my work term with this company and they hired me afterwards.

Not worth the risk

Great staff and hours but not worth risking your life every 15 mins getting in cars with people not knowing how to drive the majority of the time. Very stressful and scary most of your day.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Very stressful and not worth risking your life and being killed in an accident.

Driver Examiner: Stressful and unappreciated.

The pay is very good but there are hardly any benefits if pt. There are hardly any advancement opportunities if you are a driver examiner. The work itself is easy but it is very stressful. You almost have to work overtime everyday and it is extremely frustrating. Its always management against employees and it is a very harsh work environment.

Pros

Good pay, monthly potluck

Cons

overtime, stressful, management

Watch your back- the management do not care about they staff

This place is a joke. Any good staff they get they can't keep. people in positions they should not be including the site manager. worst place i have ever worked.

Absolutely terrible!,

Management.....what management?.. The lack of privacy regarding ones workplace assessment was mind boggling. I felt that I was in a reality television program. Find something else.....anything else!!!

Pros

Most of the clients were very nice

Jobs at Serco Group

See more jobs

We have wellness club and monthly walking competion

It has more than 500 employees working diversified customer service oriented company. Since closely working with government I learned the government policy, procedure and public service. I used to be very difficult to co up with the DOS based system provided by government and now we implemented custom made new system for our Finance and front end purpose. It is great to have demand mandatory so we don't need to spend money for marketing, sales and promotional activities.

all in all challenging everyday

Serco runs the drivetest centers for Ontario. Typical day is processing applications for all kinds of transactions required for getting a Drivers Licence. This job has honed my skills for people management, eye for minute details. The most interesting training we receive Fraudulent training to check documents.

Pros

meet all kinds of people.

Cons

many people not pleasant

Focused on operational excellence and change management

Customer service is key; management focused on efficiencies and staff engagement. Staff asked for opinions on efficiencies and process improvements to improve operational approach.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

DND yet to release 5 Wing Goose Bay's operational role

Great Company

I enjoyed helping customers face to face, learning the computer system, unfortunately, my learning skills were not adequate according to the London Office Manager.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Discrimination against my learning disabilities

Productive and fun place to work

Productive and fun place to work. Work life balance is very good.The processes and team work is next to none. Progressive improvement is enhanced due to great team collaboration.

Productive and fun to work

Great place to work. Lots to learn. The management can sometimes be bias but if you have the potential you can work your way through. Good luck !!!

Amazing place to work

Lots of learning, Great Scope of growth. Transparency involved in work. No politics. Dependable open and connected management

A complete joke!

It was so bad, the person they brought in to run the sinking ship of a company LEFT! Management is a joke, this is strictly a company that only promotes people who you are married too, or related too. Don't ever think that you will advance in this company. The worse HR department in history, unethical and full of "simple" people who have no other experience outside of this one company. So don't think you can bring any concerns to them, because they don't care. ALL the managers there are former MTO workers, who have no clue what it takes to run a successful business, and don't care about there employee's again unless you are a relative, a friend of a friend, or a "favourite" YES they are that simple and childish they don't care about you. If you are smart, don't think this is a a easy driving examiner gig, or customer service role. You would think the money they put into training people, they would care, but once released to the wolves, just keep your head down get paid for the summer and keep it moving! You will be completely disappointed. There is no job security and you will be wasting your time. Don't be fooled, there is nothing there for you.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Legacy workers, who don't have ANY other experience outside of MTO or Serco.

a very good

a very good company , reward for hard work, fast pace and friendly co workers

Pros

Excellent people

Cons

fast pace

Nice and Convenient Place to work with clean surroundings

I really have a good a company which I believe that I will learn more to it because this definitely is a different type of jobs among other call center company that I have supported because this is my first financial bank account. Sometime around before I dreamed of working in a bank and all of a sudden a dream come true I am now a legitimate bank employee.

Pros

Low price of food

Cons

Coffee not for free

Friendly environment

It was nice to work with friendly people, receive calls about road test appointments. Supervisor was very friendly and easy to talk to. It was difficult to have angry or upset people on the phone. It was great to talk to happy people.
  • Serco Group