Serco Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

I learnt so much on this job and Im tryly amazed how you can accomplish with your teams helps

I love my job when I first started I said there will no way I could do this but with the help of team members and staff I live my job.Sometimes it could be stressful but what job aint.

Easy work for decent pay

Overall good job. 40 hrs a week, overtime is available. If you need to leave a day, you can make it up in the same week without hurting your attendance. But when you are a seasonal employee, you start a month or two after the new hires. There is no guarantee of when you start work or when work will end for the season until a week or two before so. Rules for everyone including supervisors change every day.

Pros

Easy work, benefits

Cons

No guarantee of employment

Okay job

Not any advancement, pay is meh, management is awful, the amount of changes daily to work flow is too much. A very boring and monotonous job, prepared to get yelled at when cold calling.

Pros

Easy job, relaxed on night shift

Cons

Bad management, boring job

Good Benefits, Sad Life

The benefits and pay are decent enough to keep you working there & the flexibility is nice. Though the culture of supervisors & management is terrible. There is too much workplace drama, workers are numbers, virtual training is poorly executed.

Pros

Decent Pay, Flexibility, Benefits

Cons

Poor engagement, Professionalism in the workplace, turnaround

Not a great place to work

They don't let you take off for any reason without penalty, and if you get 40 hours of off time you are supposed to get fired. Many have.Even if you must go to the doc or a funeral, too bad, it is unauthorized time off. Management chews on the team you are on every freaking day, for some error someone got from Quality Control, and it is nearly impossible to not get errors, as picky as they are. If you are not getting chewed on for errors, it is because your performance is not high enough. DO MORE! But the faster you work the more likely you are to get errors!

Pros

Working from home

Cons

getting chewed out every day

Working Remote

making calls to clients, reviewing our online book for information to help clients with their insurance. Reviewing documents. Some of the managers are not very helpful, while others are. The hardest part of the job, is learning everything in our online book. We are not allowed to download it, so we can study it in our off time. And there isn't enough time when we are working to study it. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we can work at home, we don't have to fight the traffic, use a lot of gas going to and coming from work and being able to spend more time with the family. Even with the negative parts of working for Serco, I love working for the company! I love helping our clients find the right insurance for them.

Pros

work at home, . they give you the equipment needed, Their benefits are really good, 401K, Pet Insurance. I don't know about their medical and other insurance as I did not get those. However, I heard they were really good.

Cons

need to meet a certain quota per day, not enough training in some areas

in a right to work state rules are changed

I feel that when work corporate jobs that you still run into politicseveryone complained made the policy change.as usually worse than what Was. i wish that people would settle

Pros

no distractions

Cons

isolated

Management is hands-on.

Working from home could have felt isolated or on your own but there was always someone available who was very supportive and helpful. To be completely virtual employee from start of training to finish there is good structure and communication within the company. Great place to work.

Pros

Great schedule, benefits

Cons

Seasonal work, no advancement

hours not great

I worked night shift, which is why I left. The system was always down which made it hard to get anything done. Management was okay, the environment was laid back.

Pros

Co-workers were awesome

Became a call center after constant issues with clients giving the right documents. This was for their health care insurance. Typical work day was making outbound calls.

Productive and fun

The company was a very good experience and a very awarding time I got to help so many people with there insurance and make sure they kept there insurance

Great opportunity.

Great staff, great training awesome environment you learn a lot on the job. Reasonable job sometimes might work on Saturday's but working from home was easy.

Pay issues

Pay increases don't happen unless you promote to next level. Very disappointing. Other than that, I enjoyed my time working at SERCO. They really do seem to care about our health and safety. They made a point to involve participation.

My 3rd season @Serco

I love working there! I feel like I actually have a impact on my community. Covid 19 is not going anywhere. Health insurance is now more important than ever.

Pros

Set schedule every week, medical benefits, Pto, 401 K plan

Cons

Only 30 minute lunch breaks

Sense of accomplishment

The work is not at all complicated and gives a great sense of achievement having helped families. The overall quality and speed of performance is the only thing that matters.

Pros

Very straightforward

Cons

No flexibility in timing

The 401 and benefits are good

Raise are not giving. New hires come in making the same pay as I and been there for more than 3 yrs. So you're not paid for time in service or product lines you've been trained for. Just a basic flat rate for everyone.

Great pay for easy work.

Not much to do , good money to just make calls. Can be complicated at first but gets to feel natural after a week or two. Work place is messy but keep your area clean and worry about getting your job done to leave and your should be fine.

Cons

Messy work place

Most unsafe environment

Threatened by coworkers and managers. Very unstable and unsafe environment. There are absolutely NO pros to working for Serco. I highly DO NOT recommend!!!!

Pros

none.

No sense of purpose

This jobs pays mediocre at best. There is not a sense of belonging or even purpose. The people there are rude. Management does not know what to do. I do not recommend working here. It is like working a factory but at a desk. They keep you based on your productivity score. They also only hire seasonal people to keep the most money in their pockets. I also never worked at a place that did not trust their employees. You are not allowed your phone inside or any type of electronics. You are cut off the world for those 8 hours of the day. This is super hard for parents.

Worst company

They by far were the worst company I worked for they fired me because I had cancer and was not released to come back to work until 4 days after the short term disability ran out and they said I missed too many days without Pay. They list their contract and are no longer in business

My Typical Work Day

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting & dealing with people in need of help, but no one and no job is perfect. I learned how to deal with accomplishing completion of unexpected work projects in a short period of time, and also I enjoyed being a part of a team.

Pros

Good People

Cons

Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K