Serco Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Fun work if you like it.

At Serco Drive Test you will have interesting work. The customer service there can be quite rewarding. The downside here is you will work part time for very few hours and there is little chance for advancement unless you can hang in until someone full time retires. This can take years. When you are hired you are required to do a weeks worth of training and if you do not pass said training then you will not be offered the position. This can be nerve wracking if you have had to quite a previous position in order to take this training.

Pros

Fun and interesting work

Cons

Low hours and little chance for advancement

Productive workplace that makes a difference

I made a difference in people's lives when working for this company. I work as a customer service advisor which deals with members of the public currently facing issues ranging from school admissions to social care enquiries. No two days are the same but while the work is sometimes challenging, managers are always there to support you.

Good training, good work environment

Decent workplace, the process of being hired wasn't too long took about a month or so from the initial application to starting training. Work environment is really great (at least in my experience) as with Serco there are various parts of the business you can be working in so I can't speak for other call centres. Team leaders that were around me were very professional whilst also being very approachable, colleagues that were hired with me and the colleagues that were already there were all pretty friendly and easy to talk to or ask for help or assistance if you needed it. The training was also really well organised and put together, if anyone had any questions they were given additional explanations in a kind and coherent manner.

Pros

Professional team leaders, friendly colleagues, good hours, good training provided.

Cons

the work can be stressful and feel very long at times, the hourly wasn't that good.

Toxic place

At the beginning it was great but then The amount and number of tasks given overwhelming yet they update very often and change you to a new role and expected to be great. Was very stressful for me but I managed to stay for 1 and half year with a ok pay. It's good for someone desperate but not someone potential.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Toxic place

Okay

Nothing great about working here, pay is not worth the stress and daily risks that you're putting yourself through as an examiner with new or in experienced drivers.

Pembroke is toxic

Was hired PT min 24hrs per week, they drop you week to week 9hrs sometimes. Management was poor. Playing staff against one another very toxic place. I worked and qualified for my benefits never got them asked management over 8 months all I heard was “I’ll look into that” great pay if hours are with it otherwise it’s worse than min wage .. my location pembroke was horrible!!

Pros

The public! Dealing with customers was my highlight

Cons

Management and a certain co-worker

Do not work here

I have worked here for 3 months and it's probably the worst job I have ever worked, the management of this company is ridiculous when you want something done it's never done you have to email after email to get it done the managers and team leaders are not trustworthy and in any oppertuinty they find they will find a excuse and sack you, they say you're doing well in the one to ones but when you make a mistake you're out the door with no good reason the pay is rubbish for the amount of hours you do and they will never appreciate you or your hardwork.

Pros

no pros

Cons

managers are teamleaders are rubbish

Good place for robots but not for humans

Minimum wage job but for what you do and how you get treated here, it’s staggering. I was a healthy individual but I developed severe anxiety and depression just from working here. Everyday you get duty managers on your back if you’re 20 seconds off a call trying to finish your notes. Job claims you have no targets to meet, but this is an absolute lie because every week you have meetings on your figures/statistics. These are open for the whole company to see, as they are posted on the team board which everyone has access to. Every week you also get call quality checks. If you fail, you get penalised. I passed all of these but that’s because I was scared of losing my job. Now that I moved elsewhere, I realised what horror it was to work here. All I can say is; this company values quantity over quality, as they encourage you to answer calls quickly and half-heartedly. Everyday I get customers saying they feel they are not being treated properly because their case is still unresolved and they’ve called up about the same problem 5 times. This itself shows how they want employees with no empathy for the customer, just robots who can process things quickly. If you are a machine then perhaps you can fulfil this company’s ideals. But for a company that claims to value employees and put the customer first, it is a laughingstock and atrocious place to work. Probably the most disgusting and suffocating environment. Considering your managers treat you poorly and then customers shout at you day in day out, it’s seriously mentally draining. It’s no wonder I saw my team members changing -

Pros

Cons

Minimum wage, no job prospects, poor management, toxic work culture, targets

Stressful and not helpful

The company is quite poor as there are fair to many tech issues while working. Very stressful and a lot to do for the job for how little pay is. Very bad communication to us. Training wasn't the best it was okay but didn't get enough time to learn everything and didn't get shown how everything worked

Pros

Nice colleagues you train with

Cons

Long hours, rude management, terrible tech issues

Long hours!!

Very long hours!!!. Stressful , dealing with very difficult situations. The management I feel showed favouritism, people getting promoted who didn't deserve it. Training was rushed!!, Expecting you to learn a lot in a short space of time. I didn't get on with my team manager he was young and over bearing!!!!. I met some nice people there but the job was complicated and the hourly pay didn't reflect that!!.

Pros

Finishing at 2pm in the week.

Cons

fun workplace. Confusing workplace. Feedback provided and written warnings issued all the time.

Don't bother other jobs out there. Poor pay confusing feedback provided. Their client dies not like providing customer service and it shows. Company likes writing warmings. Some management had a power trip but they no longer employed.

Pros

goid hour's

Cons

hard to get a day off.

Its ok - mixed

Stressful targets impossible to maintain. Really low pay for high stress. Management are horrific, they pay painfully low for the stress you go through daily. PAY RANGES $22 TO $23.50 for 1st Year. Low pay for INTENSE WORKLOAD. Everything is money driven. Cost cutting is to the point of making work difficult to complete. Co workers were great. Some Team Managers were nice. Fast paced work + plenty of chances to up-skill, pay is on the lower end of fair & reasonable.

Pros

Team mates

Cons

Not many cons

Run dont walk away

This would be the worst place I have ever worked for and Ive work in some ugly unworkable places in my life and spent 6 months in the Kuwaiti desert working.TL's are walking around thinking they have god like powers and they havent a clue about how they need to apply their role management is no where to been seen or heard and after communicating with one, I being to wonder how the places even functions.you are SPIED ON EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE AND EVERYTHING ON YOU SCREEN!This place is set up to make you hate you life and the choice you made to ever work there

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

You name it, it is

Most laid back company who makes you feel like family!

I couldn't have asked for a better place to work for! The training is very good! You're not put out on the floor and not know what to do! Everyone has your back and treats you like family

Pros

Excellent pay, 401k, paid holidays, paid vacations

Cons

Short breaks

Grossly underpaid and stressful and disorganised

charmless and disorganised from the outset - lack of transparency in job advert about what we would actually be expected to do in the job. Minimum wage pay for what is actually a highly skilled role. Ruthless worker pruning, if you don't tow the line you will be sacked immediately. Ridiculously inadequate 4 days training and just thrown in at the deep end with a sink or swim attitude from management. Double standards applied by managers with hypocrisy being the order of the day. Lack of response from Adecco when being required to respond to staff enquiries and emails - in other words they ignore you in the hope that you will go away.

Pros

convenience of working from home

Cons

poor pay, stressful job, disorganised management

Former employee

At first great to learn alot of new things.Co workers were great. Some Team Managers were nice. Others were degrading.. They certainly don't know how to make their new employees feel inspired. More like bullying in the workplace.Are all call centres like this???First time I broke out on my skin with Dermatitis due to the stress of the environment..

Pros

Free food now and then, Dress up theme days.

Cons

Low Pay. Bad management.

Very low paid and little opportunities for BAME Highly Skilled workers

higher archy and management, training very poorly developed as an organisation. Not heard, listened to or supported by Agency or management within the organisation and the DWP campaign I worked on.

Pros

Mon- Fr - Weekday working

Cons

Lack of training, Lack of support- Poorly managed

productive, good workplace

Exellent manager, good team work.Helpfull staff, great training and learning programm. Helpdesk always answer your questions, resolve issues. Good if you work from home.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Be Mentally Prepared.

1. If you’re not apart of management/have a good relationship within management then don’t expect to be spoken to/recognised - side note, you don’t get introduced to any of the management staff - so you’re left without knowing who is who.2. They expect you to exceed in EVERYTHING without allowing mistakes, they say they’ll do everything to support you and assist you so that you can improve in your work but when you approach management/TL’s they either brush you off or make you feel like a failure. They question nearly everything you do.3. The policies/KPI’s are ridiculous, CSO’s sometimes get notified of new changes through CUSTOMERS (how embarrassing) - when this comes about by the time you complete training for it another change has been made (sometimes you don’t even get trained)4. They expect you to adhere to everything management says even when it’s ridiculous but I guess it’s just a “do what you’re told/no buts” kinda thing.5. You can’t disclose what work you do to anyone really, no posts, no tagging on social media.6. All internal emails are supposed to be read whilst working, this makes it very difficult as you’re also expected to be handling calls within a specific time whilst providing excellent customer service to very frustrated callers majority of the time7. Prepare to be called out for pointing something out that doesn’t make sense or providing constructive criticism about a change/policy - from Management - when you’re finding it difficult and stressful with certain work types - they make it like nothing is stopping you from getting it done with a smile -

Pros

Cons

Too many

Decent workplace

Not a bad place to work if you're just starting out. Very minimal work required especially during the pandemic. Offers tuition reimbursement, workers compensation sucks, insurance sucks, expect the lowest raise possible and you wont be disappointed.

Toxic work environment

Management are not trained to do their job properly. They discuss employee's private and confidential information to other employees. Medical conditions, etc + We do not get paid enough for the difficult customers we deal with on a day to day basis, and our hard efforts are hardly noticed by management. 10 minute breaks, instead of 15. Overall just a very un happy toxic work environment. Think again before applying!

Pros

Friendships made

Cons

Management discussing employee personal issues with other employees. Too much office politics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K