Serco Group

Serco Group Employee Reviews for Clerk

Found 194 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,000 reviews

Job

The job itself isn’t that hard if you can follow directions from the guidance and be prepared for change since things often change and sometimes not for the better

Pros

Remote due to COVID

Cons

Upper management could be better

Poor management

Lack of direction, communication, job security and organization. Lots of workplace drama.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Uncertainty

easy tasks, hard job

the hardest part of working for serco is if you own a brain, you are gunna want to removed it the moment you get into management. ive seen bacteria with more intelligence then upper management has put together. they say they are losing money hand over fists, but apparently can afford to switch everything to an untested program that, surprise surprise! doesn't work in the slightest. i would imagine the best postition in the company is their programmer considering there has to be zero standards for them.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

you will have the biggest brain if you can read words with more then 2 syllables

The Bait and Switch approach to run a business

Data processing using 4 different sets of instructions, which changed daily and sometimes several times in the day, without notice. They say, that they weren't a call center, yet set up everyone to start taking calls. favored employees received less calls or no calls. rewarded those who worked less, than those that worked very hard. Management had no idea what they were doing and they didn't know anything about how to do the job of the people they were managing - no help. Culture mosh posh of people. I learned not to trust. Hardest part, was going to work, the most enjoyable part of my day, was when I walked out the door

Pros

pay, could leave everyday

Cons

everything else

Fast paced but friendly atmosphere. Good paid training and supervisor support

Really liked job and staff. Work Nov to June then go to on call status til next Nov. Last time was remote at home but liked on site better. If your good with computers this is for you. Friendly atmosphere and benefits are offered

Pros

Just a really face paced but good place to work

Cons

Hard to get on full time year around.

Do not work here unless you're desperate for money

The management here is an absolute joke. All they care about is themselves and are constantly complaining about how hard their job is even though they sit around all day on google doing nothing. Super strict about production, even though their slow systems and horrible processes for doing things make it hard to meet said production. You have to jump through hoops to get accommodations and they are very rude about it. HR is a joke and the head is very rude and not helpful. I could go on and on about all the messed up things they've done to us but it would take too long.

Pros

Pay is good, it's full time

Cons

bad management, bad insurance, boring work, inconsistent with their rules

Great company to work for

I’ve worked for Serco 8 years and love the changing work instructions. Able. to provide Health Insurance for people who couldn’t normally afford it.

Pros

401k, Overtime available, flexible work schedule for permanent employees

Cons

Doing work that is for seasonal people, fixing problems with accounts because of wrong information

Stay away from serco

Illegal, unethical, insane....a few words to describe the environment. People smearing feces on walls, drug deals in the parking lot, power-hungry managers who had zero qualifications to do the job, hateful managers who treated people like slaves, yes slaves. Unsafe environment mentally physically emotionally. The absolute worst company I've ever worked for and the worst caliber of employees and managers I've ever worked with. Going to work was torture. Managers were so unethical and their behavior bordered on the criminal.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list. See my review!

Good Pay - Routine and Boring

This company is very politically correct because they are a government contractor. I worked as a General Clerk III for the healthcare.gov contract. The team managers are great and will do everything they can to help you, site managers and upper management only care about productivity and costs. The job is very very very repetitive. At first the pay was so good I didn't care what I was doing so long as I was in an Air Conditioned office, but after 2 years every day became a struggle to go into work. At one point I was made to do the work of a Business Process Analyst but did not get a promotion or pay raise. I got 2 weeks paid vacation every year and extra steepen money that went into a 401K. This is a fine place to work for a few months if you go in knowing what to expect. The people you work with are just the average people in your own community from all different walks of life. Promotions are highly competitive and dont come around often. This company works on contracts and volume so lay offs are COMMON and to be expected.

the company doesn't care

The management is clueless and doesn't care about the people at all. The only raises you get is if you get prompted. Promotions are completely based on office drama.

Pros

pay on time

Cons

everything else

The kind of place where you may miss your peers, but not the prison!

Constantly treated like a child. Were supposed to ask to go to the bathroom. Didn't matter if the work was done right as long as it looked like it was done on their reports. Definitely quantity without quality! Run like a concentration camp!

I have a sense of helping people

Serco is a good place to work for someone looking for seasonal work. I love the place and the people, very relaxed comfortable work place. The supervisors are there to help you to succeed.

Some supervisors do not know how to help u

It is a good place to work, just watch for supervisors that are there to socialize and not help the workers. Co-works become close as family. My supervisor was a joke.

Great place to work with great people

I made all my goals and went over and above all consumer needs to understanding. I helped my co-workers to achieve their goals as well. I made my co-workers feels appreciated and help make them better workers. I feep i earned my checks. I have always wanted to be apart of a company's success and bring overall moral up for the company.

A great place to make some hard earned cash

Not going to lie the work is boring and frustrating but the pay is worth the effort. You are not allowed to have an electronic device making it quite grulling

It was interesting and a unique place to work.

It had a lot to do with personal information, incoming and outgoing calls. Also it was handling insurance claims. My co-works was nice and pleasant, so was my supervisors.

A decent place to work until otherwise.

Don't get comfortable. Have a back-up plan because you could be doing well today and gone tomorrow. A little elbow grease with the right people can get you moved into a better position.

Pros

Helping consumers. Working along side good people.

Cons

Pay too low for work being done. Health insurance is unaffordable. Do more asking than giving.

It was awesome!! Nice bosses and encouraging people!!

I would love to work there again but cant drive after dark. Too far from my home. However, I loved every minute of my time there! The work was challenging but not impossible! Bosses were right on hand to help When needed!

It was great while it lasted

We started off with no work and then it became to the point where because of a few people who were competing to see who could do the most work Management based everybody productivity on a few if you didn't keep up you were placed on performance plan and fired

Pros

Good job to get back on your feet

Cons

The commute was over 30 minutes long

Lack of proper management

Management is completely bais, if you are not in the "click" then you are no one nor is your opinion heard. Must attend mandatory meetings on your off hours

It was a great Honor and Privilege to work for SERCO !!

Affordable Care Act -Application and Documentation Processing -Inbound-Outbound callnig. 1st year working on a contract that was very new in the U.S. Learning process. Works very well now. It is not easy to learn but you will learn and be trained in areas that will carry over to so many other careers if you so desire. GCIII status after 2 1/2 years. High level complex issue processing- took escalated inbound calls from both CMS help desk and the consumer directly. Very rewarding. Recently under new management with a very well trusted and organized Deputy Site Manager. Best move Serco has made. Very good pay and benefits for the area. My spouse was transferred to Texas or I would still be there. Miss the people and the working environment. My Supervisors, my co-workers, shift managers, will miss them all deeply. Felt like family to me. Great opportunities there. Pays very well for the South and also gives $4 plus an hour to help pay for health insurance or 401k on top or regular and OT pay. After 5 years I had accumulated over 60k in my 401k. Highly recommend. If you have even basic computer skills, they will train you to do the rest. 3 shifts with overtime offered when the work calls for it. 2019 I opted to work OT for 5 months up to 30 hours OT a week . Not mandatory, but took full advantage. I would have cleared approx 44k this year on just the reg and OT. Health and Welfare dollars ( $4.23 an hour) was just an added benefit SERCO paid out. Thank you all. I will miss you.

Pros

Very rewarding, great people, very good pay, career opportunities, management that cares and listens

Cons

Maybe a few cons when they first started 5 years ago, but right now, and the past 20 months, I really do not see any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Serco Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1K