Serco Group logo
Serco Group

Serco Group

Serco Group Employee Review

Bad Training expectations

Before you apply, make sure you know what your getting into. I thought this would be a good company to work for until i experienced an unrealistic expectation I had encountered during training. If you know your are going to be late for your training even if its a legitimate excuse, your better off not coming at all, and find another job. They document you even if you are ONE MINUTE LATE for training and you will be DISMISSED. Through the training process you are NOT GUARANTEE the job until you actually PASS all requirements, that includes being on time, passing all written quizzes and test, shadowed training and your attitude. If you don't do well in all these requirements, you will be dismissed and the material is a lot and overwhelming to learn within 5 days. For those of you looking for another job, if you have one prior to applying, even if they offer you a position, don't quit your job until you know for sure you have a solid offer from Serco and that you pass all requirements. And make sure you have transportation to attend training that could be out of your way, as some training location are out of town. Accommodation is only offer to people who have to travel 100km or more and its only a few cents they pay you. I wish I never had to make a negative review of this company, but its not worth it if your not perfect. I hope my review won't discourage anyone, still apply if you wish, it may work out in your favor, but just giving a heads up of what to expect if you do get an offer from Serco.

Same role

Not Recommended

If you value customer service and treating individuals with respect as a CSA should, this is not a company that appreciates those values aside from posters on the breakroom walls. As a new employee you are thrown to the wolves and if you expect support from coworkers or staff, you'll be greatly disappointed. They do not acknowledge any good you do, or the level of expectation and stress they put you through, especially during Covid; quite frankly, not even to the individuals walking through the doors for services. The amount of unacceptable behaviours I witnessed from staff while training and starting on the counter was astounding! The lack of valid support from management, or working with new staff to learn the job was dismal. The amount they invest in new employees only to send them out the door because it is near impossible to complete your probationary period of 500+ hours when working 3-4 hour shifts (giving zero job security), let alone reducing any anxieties that you're exceeding the daily error allowance by actually educating that employee as to what the errors are and how to correct them, just goes to show how expensive their revolving door is. I, myself, did not work as a drive examiner but am saddened to have witnessed the sheer horror and abuse they are subjected to, not only by the company's ridiculous policies to "prevent covid" (laughable), but from customers themselves due to trying to enforce company policy. Policy is not developed by feedback from frontline workers, it is often a flaccid response to entitled and disgruntled customer complaints. -

Pros

Transaction variety, problem solving, possibly making someone's stressful licensing issue better

Cons

Toxic environment, insecure hours, lack of job security, poor health & safety
Same role

Difficult Company to work for

Lots of stuff to learn and remember. They audit every step you make. No room for errors. With so many people from other countries, it’s difficult to know if the documents are acceptable. Def. high stress for the money. I would NOT recommend this company for a long term position. Run by a bunch of dopes who think they above all. Keep looking elsewhere peeps.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Too much to learn for a stupid part time position
Same location

Good to learn new things in life.

Good start as a career but not worth it.Greater risk of life ,no benefits and less pay.Stressful atmosphere ,target based job.Trainers are good and they teach you how to deal with complicated situations.

Pros

Good timing

Cons

Target based
  • Serco Group