Sephora Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place
Client Service Specialist/Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Love the place to work, provide loads of training to learn about new products and brands. Helps you maintain integrity, loyalty and honesty. Co workers are supportive and helpful. The leaders are role models to follow
Color consultant
Colour Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 January 2017
This job all depends around your management team. Some stores have it better than others. They will advance whom they like to at least that was my experience.
Pros
gratis...sometimes
Cons
pay rate
great place to work with great people
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2017
Great place to work, super fast paced. Team work, passionate work mates. There's a great work culture that everyone really believes in so its very easy to jump on board. Everyone is very helpful so its easy to learn very fast. Management is amazing!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Holidays
over all experience
Metro Groceries, cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Working at Sephora has had many benefits for me including learning great client service, communication skills and an over all good with ethic. It was a disappointment to leave due to schooling location.
Pros
Great team
Fun work environment, with good benefits and opportunities.
seasonal colour consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2017
Although a fun work environment that was an excellent experience I found that the management did favorite certain individuals because they were friends thus giving them preferred treatment. Although it didn't affect me. I found it unprofessional. Besides that, I had a good experience there and would recommend this job to others.
Pros
Benefits, opportunities
Cons
Knowledgeable people and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC9 January 2017
Good structure and managers based on the well-being of their employees. Many possibilities of growing in the company and many open doors. Overall very enjoyable experience
Pros
secure environment
Cons
irregular shifts
productive, fun environment and great team work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 January 2017
good company and people around.Eco friendly environment.All the members in team have great accuracy and ability of team work in them .
Sephora job is a greta place to begin and get your foot in the door to cosmetics
Cashier/ Beauty Consultant; Advisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2017
I learned about numerous brands very invaluable information
I learned to work with and deal with many personalities
I learned to overcome many negatives and push backs
my customer service skills grew very strong
Pros
free lunch bonuses good team
Cons
long hours bad pay
Great Gratis,
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 December 2016
As a seasonal worker it was a creative company to work for, but I would only work for Sephora again if I was in corporate or in management. There was a lot of favouritism with the management and that can affect the work life balance.
Pros
gratis
Cons
long hours, catty environment
Opportunities to improve and advance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 December 2016
Sephora is a good place to work for those who are in high school unless you are a part of management or trained in makeup artistry. They do give the opportunity to grow.
Productive and fun place to work
Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Nice environment, pro-active people, willing to teach and help you with sales skills, good customer service.
Fast pace environment, specially at eaton centre.
Pros
excellent teaching on sales and customer services
Cons
long hours, no comission
Fast paced client inspired atmosphere
Skincare Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 December 2016
Very fast paced environment and client inspired. Product knowledge essential to achieving sales targets. Team oriented to reach goals ...no commission. Very structured as to breaks and lunches for optimal sales. Focus for employees is growth within company and creating positions for incentive.
Pros
No commission
Cons
Fun and upbeat work environment, good place to grow and learn.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 December 2016
Working at Sephora was very interesting, especially being interested in the beauty industry as a career path. There will be long hours, especially during the holidays, but it is overall very fun.
Pros
Upbeat and chance to learn a lot.
Cons
Long hours and short breaks.
fun and busy workplace, lots of educational training,great environment and employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 December 2016
Pros, Great company to work for with a lot of training throughout employment. Lots of incentives and motivating management. Overall great environment. Cons If the pay was better no one would ever leave. Good company.
Pros
education, employees, incentives
Cons
pay
Great if you're young.
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 November 2016
sephora is a great job if you're young and don't have to pay your own bills and have the time it takes to move up. It does not pay enough to cover living and can be very stressful because of this.
The company is also very good at telling you what you want to hear regarding promotions and then making you work hard and demonstrate how badly you want something with no more pay and then no follow through from the company.
Favouritism is HUGE, people will get promotions who dont deserve them and vice versa.
The training from brands and being sent away for training was really nice and for sure the best part of working there.
It really is all about who you work with, my first management team was amazing and then the next was a disaster. Some store directors like to hire externally for promotions which usually causes good staff to leave.
The hours are long, there's no consistency in shifts and it is very difficult to have a life around it.
Finally, sometimes at Sephora you began to feel like a robot... You're coached on how to speak to clients,how to act.. Etc., The company wants you to be an individual but then makes you wear the same makeup, same lip colour and so on with visits and occasions. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing I just know the company started to feel very much not me.

I think if you love makeup and are young this could be either a great foot in the door or you could make a career out of it. I loved the company when I first started and have just unfortunately found that the company doesn't really align with who I am anymore!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Low pay.
Fun place to work, but the salary lacks.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 November 2016
Although Sephora is a great environment to work, and place that offers a lot of room to grow, the management is stressful and the salary is not sufficient for the amount of work that they require you to do.
Pros
free products, great customer service knowledge
Cons
salary and management
Backstage Pass
Seasonal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
As an operations consultant I worked behind the scenes, making sure inventory was up to date, checking products, and pulling things out to go onstage, among many other things.

My co-workers were wonderful and caring, including the management and owners.

I learned how a big business operates as this Sephora is the busiest Sephora in all of North America.
Pros
Free lunches and wonderful people
Cons
Irate clients
Energetic and Inspiring place to work
Skincare Consultant & Colour Artist & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC20 October 2016
Was able to grow as a person
Become much more outgoing and approachable
Sales skill definitely increased
Was inspiring being able to meet new people and help them along their skin care and make up journey- no matter how small or big
Was able to make lots of friends and now family
Pros
working doing somehing i love!
Cons
lack of detail in training.
Love the environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
Not a lot career opportunities for employees. Very good training system from different brands.
Loving working in the fragrance filled environment, and helping ladies to be more beautiful and confident.
Fun but stressful workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 August 2016
A typical day at work is long fast pace environment with a lot of repetition even though it is asked for no repetition but being a cashier it can not be avoided.
I have learned that making the client happy makes a really big difference and clients are more willing to come back to have the same experience.
Management and co-workers where okay at times but sometimes co-workers made you feel less than them by making remarks at your makeup.
Hardest part of the job is standing up for long hours and repetition should be avoided but it can not.
The most enjoyable part of the job was trying new styles of makeup and pushing your self to work on your skills outside of the box.
Pros
Products given to employees for them to try them and have reviews for clients
Cons
Long exhausting hours and not to much respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.

51K