Sephora

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

general experience

In general, sephora is a friendly and colaborative environment, but the biggest set back is the poor and unfair pay, that was the cause of many good cast members to leave the company.

Don’t waste your time at this company

Terrible pay! You’re lucky if you can even get 15 hours a week. I was constantly asked to not come in for on call shifts and told to go home early. I barely made a living there. Management did not care. Gratis was pretty bad too. They make you go the extra mile for bad pay.Don’t waste your time working at this place.

Pros

Free food from brands, some ok gratis

Cons

Short shifts, bad pay, terrible wage, payroll to give out, disorganized management

Awful company. Terrible management

The management here will bully you and they don’t care about your work life balance at all. At the end of the day, all they want to do is make money and they don’t care about you, all they care about is the sale. Super unprofessional management team that LOVES to gossip about their employees.

The only bad point of working there is the salary

Pros - Team Management Gratis Non-competitive workteam Social advantage Cons - The salary is extremly low if you compare Sephora to all other cosmetics jobs. It's kind ofsad because you know they can give more.

Bien

Ce n’est définitivement pas un emploi pour tout le monde et il faut aimer travailler à pression. J’ai personnellement eu une expérience positive et je recommande à ceux qui sont réellement passionnés. Par contre, il faut savoir que c’est très exigent.

Good work/life balance

Very good work/life balance. Not very good management, they make you feel bad for calling in when your sick and the managers like to talk down to other cast members.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

arrogent managers

always fun

Sephora would have had to been my favourite job. The girls were amazing and i made some of my very best friends at that job. The management was great and i still have contact with them today. I always enjoyed coming to work and making customers happy and to make them smile!

Pros

games

Overall good team

Working there made it fun and the team is well oiled and run. However they pay is not reflected on your work and the bonuses don't make sense. I could work my butt off for a month and get a $20.00 bonus.

Pros

great environment

Cons

terrible pay

productive and new makeup skills done

Some clients may ask where particular products are located and i assist them to locate them and some clients ask for opinions on products and i give them general feedback. Some clients come to get their makeup done and i fulfil that.

Pros

free lunches

be the best you

Great environment , diverse dynamic and tuns of fun sephora is a different time of zone to work in. A typical day of assisting clients can be so inspiring, teaching clients nips and tricks and everyday makeup.

Fun and great experience

Fun great experience, long tearm if your willing to move to say Toronto but to stay in Winnipeg at the moment not a lot of movement. And there’s more work than amount of pay earned.

Pros

Lots of fun experience

Cons

Not enough pay

Fast paced

Intensive work hours mostly selling products/makeup applications mostly on weeked and during the grad/wedding seasons expected a lot for a retail job lots of trainings and gratis which is nice

Pros

gratis

Cons

long hours changing management

Fun job, but kinda fake and pushy

I liked working there at first, as a makeup artist it’s great for working on a really diverse clientele, but I find the job overall very fake and pushy. I have to cake on so much makeup (they rather you have a bunch of makeup on that doesn’t look good than minimal makeup to bring out features), and I find the whole vibe very condescending (especially coming from management and the lingo Sephora uses). The pressure to sell is also pretty high, which is irritating considering you don’t get commission. The free product is great though, I’d say for an aspiring makeup artist it is a great job to have considering you have access to the whole store of skincare/makeup to improve your artistry on any skin tone/type, and the free product is great for starting to stock your kit. However, I came into Sephora after already graduating secondary education for makeup and freelancing myself, and I find that there isn’t a lot of freedom/creativity that you can put into the makeups you are doing, ultimately you are advertising Sephora’s makeup/techniques/lifestyle so it makes growing your personal style almost impossible. You can advance in the company quite easily, almost to the point where it is pushed onto you, which is what happened to me. I have been having issues with work/life balance however, and will be leaving due to the scheduling leaving me no time to catch up in school, even after me bringing this up to them. Overall, I recommend Sephora for aspiring makeup artists/makeup lovers, just be prepared to have the “Sephora lifestyle” really pushed down your throat, along with minimum wage, -

Pros

Free product, good discount(40% for Sephora collection 20% for everything else), easy to move up in company

Cons

High pressure to sell with no commission or tips, minimum wage, condescending management (my personal experience)

Review of Sephora

Sephora needs to take a major look at how they treat their employees, and how they pay them. The Cast does not get paid nearly enough for the had work they do.

Pros

Amazing Cast

Cons

Low Pay

interesting

interesting people to work with. flexible hours with some occasional opportunities to move up in the company. interesting rate of pay. interesting team morale.

very fun place

Working with Sephora has to be one of my best experiences that came through my work.Not only did i get to deal with makeup but also work with the customers and apply makeup on them. Which truly expresses my talent and my joy for makeup.

A day at work

Amazing atmosphere. Everyone is kind and helpful. Judgement-free environment. I love my job there. There company itself is a great company and I'm proud to be working here.

Productive and Enjoyable Experience

Enlightening atmosphere with an enjoyable selection of products. The staff were quite responsive when an issue occurred, MOST employees were kind, though the management staff were extremely supportive and taught new employees efficient and effective ways to apply the proper techniques.

Pros

Kind staff

Cons

hectic

good place to learn

they give great opportunity to advance as long as you work hard great teaching strategies great educators management is horrible in most locations

Pros

learn lots in fragrance skin care and make up

Cons

too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sephora with