Sephora
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Sephora Employee Reviews for Consultant in Kelowna, BC

3.4Pay & benefits

Found 2 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,702 reviews

This is what it"s really like

Sephora was certainly an interesting place to work. At first I loved it, because I got to talk about beauty all day and I got lots of free product and the discount. Everyone seemed nice at first, and I did make some good friends there. HOWEVER, If you are an individual who is opinionated, or likes to take action to change policies or rules you don't agree with DON'T WORK THERE. You have to have unpaid bag checks every time you leave the store even for lunches and 15 min breaks, which normally take at least 10-15 mins for a manager to come back to do it. The pay is terrible for the amount of effort you are pressured to put into the job. The thing that bothered me the most is that I felt like I couldn't be myself at work. The clothes were unflattering and uncomfortable, I was overtly told to wear more and more makeup (which makes me uncomfortable) even though I worked in the skin care world, It was made nearly impossible to make complaints about the absurd amount of rules we had to abide by, and worst of all I was told how to speak to clients. I couldn't just talk to people like a genuine human being, and when I did behave like my normal self, I was then told every little thing I did wrong and how I need to sell more, add more to the basket, sell sell sell. They are watching you like a hawk at all times. I was even given a poor performance review because I don't wear enough makeup, don't speak to clients in the "sephora way" (I talk to them in a real way), and because I missed 6 weeks of work when I got mono. Final say: you have to ask to use the washroom. I feel -

Decently fun job

Job is fun, however, management feels very entitled and plays favourites very hard. Refuses to give stable hours to any part time cast member. Free product is put in your bin very often.

Pros

Open availability, free gratis

Cons

Bad wage, unstable hours