Sephora

Sephora Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Beauty Consultant45 reviews
Canada45 reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,756 reviews

Can be a fun workplace with a lot of perks

Really enjoyed the job at first, but management can make or break your experience. The pay is only a couple dollars above minimum wage, you don't get trained a lot but are expected to help clients with all their questions. Constantly understaffed and management has unreal expectations at time. Chill job for retail though, you get tons of free makeup and skincare and learn a lot about different products and brands. Not a great place if you want to further your makeup career though, but great to start out.

Pros

Gratis, trainings, education opportunities

Cons

Unqualified management, not enough pay

not really the best job I’ve had

favouritism. seems like everyone is nice at first but gossip tend to happen and very passive aggressive when you can’t come to work. i find this work place to be a little toxic, to be fair the makeup industry can be toxic but depends on each people.but most of my coworkers were nice.management on the other hand wasn’t the best.

Pros

monthly gratis

Cons

Unsettling environment

Fun place to work, but depends on the location. Gratis is great as well.

Starting off in Sephora you go through onboarding. I started off in makeup and worked at my first location for about 2 1/2 years. Loved the people I worked with, got along well with management! You really have to push management to learn new things. I continuously asked to be cash trained and they will do it. They just need to be reminded. The hardest part is when you don't get along with management and you have to deal with them. As well as horrible customers, but that's in any retail job. gratis was okay as well, but you have to work a lot to get the good stuff. At my second location, it was a little more difficult to get proper 8-9 hour shifts. I kept getting five-hour shifts every day and working full weekends. Which was hard for me with the full-time school. I'd much rather liked having 2-3 9 hours shifts per week but that was not possible for them. You have to really be on the management's good side to even be noticed.

Pros

great co-workers, free brand training, gratis, lunch room snacks

Cons

short shifts, need to work a lot to get acknowledged, difficulty moving up (getting certified in anything), need to raise salaries

Diverse and very inclusive culture

I just been hired at Sephora and so far, im not gonna lie I have been struggling. It is a very fast paced and slightly stressful business to get a handle on but they have been extremely helpful by not overwhelming you and every staff member has been there when i reached out. It is a very supportive staff and although they have strict guidelines and protocols it is tempered by the incredible support and encouragement. Alongside my pay is decent and the bonuses and perks are phenomenal. Im finally catching a little wave and am excited about my future there…

Pros

Superb discounts, large bonuses and a ton of exceptional gratis

Cons

Very very busy and fast paced

Love it

Atmosphere is so energetic, fun and leadership makes sure everyone is appreciated and included. They make sure staffs are taken care of and they are pretty good at that job. Day to day goal is very clear to work for, no matter how many questions I have, seniors answer them with such a positive energy where I have never felt stupid. Tons of opportunities to grow, I actually do love going to work for the very first time in my life!

It was OK

Gratis was a great bonus but the discount was kinda meagre. Very difficult clients to deal with. Good training opportunities. Management was hit and miss. Some managers were great, others were less so. Unreliable hours. One week I'd work 30 hours, the next I'd have 5. I hated the new uniform but it's comfy to wear for long hours, just ugly.

Pros

Gratis, discount, training opportunities

Cons

short breaks, a lot of turnover, rude customers

Great co-workers and flexible Shifts

Overall a place I would rave about. Been working here for over two years and have been in two different locations. depending on management some things will be a bit different like the way some things are called but overall the job is very inclusive and is all about supporting staff members and always training members with new information weekly. Schedules are flexible and basic requirements like many retail stores. Everyone is always friendly and if you don't know much of the products another team member is always happy to help and guide you. Management is also great, every now and then there might be changes in management but we were always informed about who they are and in depth introduction so we don't feel left out of it. They are always about letting people grow and move up internally before hiring externally which is a plus. The hardest part of the job I'd say is remembering all the products and what they do but as time progress you either remember the important information or could always reach out to someone for help.

Pros

Coworkers, being able to grow, discounts & incentives

Cons

a lot of information to take in

Not bad, could be better

It really depends on the store you’re in, the demographic of your clientele, and most importantly the leadership team. I worked at 2 different stores, one of them had some problematic managers, the other one had excellent management, and it made all the difference for me. However, if you’re easily stressed out, this is not the job for you. It’s a very fast-paced environment, especially during the holidays. There will also be times where there will not be anywhere near enough staff coverage on the floor, or at cash, or a lot of the time, anywhere at all. But for the most part, it can be a really fun job with a great discount and amazing experiences

Pros

Gratis, discount, fun events

Cons

Long hours, spotty work/life balance, stressful

Not a bad place to work

There are a lot of rude leads that Sephora needs to ask it’s employee’s idea about the leaders!Long hours of standing with minimum pay and not enough employee on stage to help people.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Rude leaders and too hard to be full-time

great company

Sephora does a great job at creating a positive work environment. the problem is that room for advancement is limited and selective. the need to work on diversifying internal promotions as well as the brands they carry. a #BLM post isn't enough. i would like to see more of a push for BIPOC advancement in the company at a corporate and retail level.

Pros

long breaks, gratis, training

Cons

long hours, difficult to advance

Says one thing, does another

They expect so much effort for so little reward. They say they believe in work-life balance, but then the managers and leads skip breaks and are always stressed. They constantly push for more sales, but then we are told that our service quality needs to be higher.Clients and management are demanding, and the jobs is physically demanding as well, but they'll pay you minimum wage. The job is great if youre planning on getting into the makeup sales industry, but not a great long-term option.

Pros

free product, good training

Cons

long, hard hours, minimum wage

Sephora work experience

Working at Sephora is my dream come true! I love the environment and positivity. I have learned alot about sales and handling problems with clients. Sephora is a community where we care for everyone.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Sephora. It was a place where I always felt listened to and taken seriously. There was always constructive feedback and I have taken a lot of the skills into other areas of life and improved as a person. Phenomenal experience overall.

Fun workplace

I really like working here, they are very interactive and open to new suggestions, they teach you so many new skills that help you to grow for you future jobs.

Very fun place to work at!

The management team was always really helpful! Other co-workers are also really willing to help. You could also learn a lot by seeing how such a big company works. However, after a few months I started feeling everything is the same (but which job isn't?).. not much to complain. If the salary is enough for a better living style then I would want to work there forever!

Fun place to work

People are very fun and able to build long term friendship. Management team are like high school students.drama all the time. Best advice just go to work and don't worry abt others too much

Pros

Gratis

Cons

No 8 hrs between shift

Fun, relaxed

Fun, relaxed, nice incentives; second-to-none client experiences and customer services; one of the best client incentives; loyal clients; respectful managers and leads

Great place to work...

If you love assisting others, gaining knowledge in the beauty and fashion industry and getting rewarded accordingly then Sephora is the right place for you.

Sephora is a good company to work for, but capacity of management at different stores varies. Management at store in Saskatoon cannot coordinate opportunity of employee advancement well.

good

The job was a great opportunity and had learned a lot from my experience. It was very fun to help customers and learn more about skincare and different types of products

Better than most jobs

You can honestly learn a lot of valuable things to apply to getting other jobs or life in general. I worked on getting out of my comfort zone, time management, and patience.

Pros

Gratis

Cons

Some days are long when things are slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K