Sephora
Information from Sephora:

Sephora Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Beauty Consultant35 reviews
Canada35 reviews
People are very fun and able to build long term friendship.
Management team are like high school students.drama all the time.

Best advice just go to work and don't worry abt others too much
Pros
Gratis
Cons
No 8 hrs between shift
Working at Sephora is my dream come true! I love the environment and positivity. I have learned alot about sales and handling problems with clients. Sephora is a community where we care for everyone.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Sephora. It was a place where I always felt listened to and taken seriously. There was always constructive feedback and I have taken a lot of the skills into other areas of life and improved as a person. Phenomenal experience overall.
I really like working here, they are very interactive and open to new suggestions, they teach you so many new skills that help you to grow for you future jobs.
The management team was always really helpful! Other co-workers are also really willing to help. You could also learn a lot by seeing how such a big company works. However, after a few months I started feeling everything is the same (but which job isn't?).. not much to complain. If the salary is enough for a better living style then I would want to work there forever!
Fun, relaxed, nice incentives; second-to-none client experiences and customer services; one of the best client incentives; loyal clients; respectful managers and leads
If you love assisting others, gaining knowledge in the beauty and fashion industry and getting rewarded accordingly then Sephora is the right place for you.
Sephora is a good company to work for, but capacity of management at different stores varies. Management at store in Saskatoon cannot coordinate opportunity of employee advancement well.
The job was a great opportunity and had learned a lot from my experience. It was very fun to help customers and learn more about skincare and different types of products
You can honestly learn a lot of valuable things to apply to getting other jobs or life in general. I worked on getting out of my comfort zone, time management, and patience.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Some days are long when things are slow
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sephora?
Fast paced environment, great place if you have a passion for helping people feel better about themselves and learning more about makeup, skin, and hair care products and also fragrance. Positive work environment and a variety of pathways for development.
Pros
brand trainings
Cons
can be overwhelming
Honestly, I have so much love for the company. The managers are so kind and understanding. There is room for growth within the company! I started off as a cashier and now I am a skincare consultant.
I worked as a Colour consultant for over three years and my salary went up by a few cents every year. The amount of work that they expected for such a low pay was absolutely ridiculous. I suppose it depends on your location, but I found that mine was very cliquey. Management was unprofessional and played favourites. If you suck up or are friends with someone in management, you're likely to receive a raise if requested and you get the perks of attending exclusive training or moving up quickly within the company. Otherwise, don't even bother. They always preach about learning and growing but do not invest in you unless you are favoured by a manager. I stayed there for 3 years and watched people who had been working there for 3 months be given perks and benefits that I had been working years to obtain. There is also no flexibility with time off, even if you are only part time. No work-life balance at all,
Pros
good experience if you are looking to be a makeup artist with no schooling
Cons
long hours, fast pace environment with little pay, no room for growth
. asissted customers
.helped with products

.hosted

.showed knowledge upon products

.helped other worlds

.made samples for clients

.made testers

.helped clients find certain products
Pros
good environemnt
Cons
not enough shifts
a great place to learn and have experience in cosmetic industries. however, the management dose not appreciate properly your hard work and the payment is not enough to cover your life.
Pros
free products
Cons
long hours, low payments
It can be a fun job but exhausting at times. for the amount of work you put in you don't get paid very much. pay your cast members a more appropriate wage and don't treat us like children, were all adults.
There are high, and immediate, expectations in this environment. Employees are constantly being asked to do more and better than the day before. While this is wonderful for growth, at a certain point, it becomes overwhelming. Standards change nearly as often as the clientele.

Overall, those that work here are friendly with one another. There is definite improvement needed in many cast members that are put into elevated roles. It seems that positions are filled without regard for how that individual will perform in such a role.

Management, in general, is quite good at my location.

The hardest parts of the job: perfection is the aim, and human-like qualities don't often serve well enough here. The work that we do is worth far more than what it is we get paid; we are the lowest-paying cosmetic retailer in the industry, and we lack a commission structure. Many of us have second and even third jobs, and find it difficult to do anything but barely survive on the wage we are given.

The most enjoyable parts: gratis from brands, and the training and education that are provided by representatives for those brands. Also, getting to see that you've improved someone's mood with an interaction, in addition to feeling as though you've imparted knowledge and wisdom.
Pros
Gratis, training, certain client interactions
Cons
Insufficient pay, promoting unfit employees, some cattiness from staff
Sephora is a great place to learn new skills and product knowledge to take to another job so you can grow and learn elsewhere. If you're looking to learn more abut makeup and skincare Sephora can help you obtain that knowledge.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Bad management
I really enjoyed working for Sephora, I started there a few years ago when they first opened one of their locations in my city. Its INCREDIBLE how much work is put into the store itself (to make it look so pretty all the time:)), but also how the employees have a strong passion for making others feel beautiful and confident regardless of what gender, age or race. Employees are truly knoweldgable about products and are trained to know what works best for the customer. Good pay, takes a while to make it up in the company but overall a great, fun and rewarding place to work!
Working at Sephora has been an exciting and dynamic company to be a part of a team environment. Workplace Culture is amazing and work, life, balance is extraordinary.
it was a decent place to work with a lot of friendly co workers and bosses. I didn't like the early schedules they had you do if you were new but other than that it was ok.
Pros
starting wage
Cons
low chnace advancement