Sephora
Sephora Employee Review

various range of shifts and consistent pay

8 December 2014
I enjoyed working for this company as I learned quite a bit about professionalism and the security industry. i believe Sephora builds there employees for success.
3 April 2020
Same role
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
The perks are great here, 20% discount, 40% on house brand, free full size products every month (gratis) and they truly invest in their employees as long as you put in the work. Sephora is a breed of its own , but if you can learn it and grow with it , its pretty awesome with the best perks being for store directors, assistant directors and department managers. If you are one of them they get sent on a yearly trip (they had one in mexico) and when they come from this trip they get a HUGE box of gratis like over $5000 value.

The hard part of working here is because you get gratis they feel they dont need to pay you as well, and also the high expectation of being perfect from saying the right verbiage to wearing min 5 visible pieces of make up at all time and the constant " coaching" and always being pushed that your good isnt good enough. Oh and if you have image issues be prepared as their uniforms on average make you go up 4 sizes
21 February 2019
Same role
Regional Loss Prevention Analyst (Former Employee) - Canada
Unfortunately it began as an excellent company and working environment but ended up taking experience and direction from operations rather than listening to the experts they hired to protect their assets. The people with the most stressful and dangerous job were not listened to and were asked to perform tasks that violated local legislation for proper apprehensions.
Pros
Free Product
Cons
LP run by ops managers
10 July 2020
Same location
Fragrance Consultant (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Not sure if it was because they hired too many people, but we were not given a lot of hours. I worked about 4 hours a wee, which could not support me, so I had to get another job to support myself. Management was fine, but it is kind of competitive.
Pros
Free product, flexible schedule
Cons
Litte to no hours, no advancment