Sephora
Sephora Employee Review

All the stress with no pay

24 February 2020
A typical work day for me includes clocking in, helping clients with makeup recommendations, processing transactions on till, and greeting clients.

Over my time at Sephora, I have learned a lot in terms of artistry. From moving to different worlds, I have seen different aspects of how a business is ran.

The workplace culture is not good at my Sephora location. The

management team constantly uses tactics of favouritism to run their store. In addition, there is a huge lack of support from management in day-to-day life at Sephora. Many days they would be spent in "meetings" (these were about weekly, and consist of talking badly about cast) where no leadership is available on the sales floor, and when we would need assistance, they would be visibly angry that we bothered them.

Recently, there has been a huge cut in hours at Sephora. Full-timers (non-salary) have had their shifts cut from 5 a week to 4 or sometimes 3, and part-timers are expected to be able to pay their bills off of 5-10 hours a week. People who have gotten second jobs to supplement their pay and make ends meet have been met with disapproval from management. Even though people's second jobs collaborate with Sephora's schedule and work around these hours, there was a lot of talk about "loyalty" within the company and management would use a lot of "we have invested in you and now you've done this"; by investing in you, they mean sending you to mandatory programs and classes that you need in order to work the business, such as makeup application certifications.

They will also randomly cut or add hours
 - more...
13 January 2019
Management is poor and offer barely to any support to employees. This is a high volume store, and the management here do not have the skills to help support us on the floor. There is also a lot of drama and gossip between employees and management and the environment can be quite “high school” like. They also will often take employees who have applied as part-time and give them full time hours without notice. So if you are a student, they are not flexible even if they say they are.
A day in the life is being on your feet for 8 hours, consulting with clients and providing them services. You will also be asked to perform more tasks in other areas of the store because of lack of support from other employees and especially management.

Overall an exhausting job, with zero support and rude and unprofessional management.

People tend to all of a sudden disappear here, so I would not consider this a career or a stable job.

This store needs a renovation on management in order for this job to be enjoyable.
Pros
Training programs, gratis, performing services, and you get insight on products.
Cons
Horrible management, no flexibility with schedules, no support and a lot of gossiping.
20 September 2017
A great place to work for development, fun, challenges and people interaction. Life at Sephora is fast paced and ever changing. You must be adaptable, flexible in your work schedule and willing to be a high achiever. Feedback is given daily and the focus on bettering yourself as an employee is huge as well as to ensure the clients have the best experience ever.
20 December 2019
Between the rude clients and favoritism within the workplace you really don’t get paid enough for the stress. Clients are rude and entitled consistently asking for samples and giving attitude. Sometimes leadership will favor one person over another and so advancing in the company can be set back because the favorited cast members will get elevated before those who are equally or more qualified. No tips allowed, no benefits if you’re PT.