Sephora

Found 443 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,918 reviews

Insights into Sephora

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Fun workplace

Featured review

Sephora selected this as a representative review
I feel welcome here and everyone are friendly. The management always help you growth and coaching you to be better. Sephora is my dream job since I was in high school. I come here not just finding a regular job, but to build my career here.

Pros

Gratis, Free Lunch when it your birthday, Discounts, Flexible Hours

Cons

Sometime have to deals with difficult clients, shoplifting.

Overall fun place to work with fun people

Salary is very minimum for the amount of work and nonsense you have to go through . There is little to no opportunity for advancement and if they promise you something don't ever expect it to happen . People are always fun to work with but it's the most stressful job I've ever had .

Pros

Free gratis

Stressful and toxic

Working at Sephora Lethbridge started off very well. I was a part of the NSO team and built the store from scratch. However over the first year we open, we had a change of store director. That's when things became toxic and stressful. Management started to change as a whole and they began to abuse their titles. They spoke to us beauty advisors as if they were better than us. They spoke in a condescending way, they have mean attitudes, they bully their employees and gaslights us constantly. Overall, depending on the Management team that is running the store, it could be a good experience. But my experience in my store location was terrible and my mental health decreased so much which is not worth it.

Pros

Free Gratis and discounts

Cons

Not long enough lunch and competitive

Fun working environment

Worked for Sephora for 3.5 years. It’s a great opportunity if you’re wanting to work in retail. They offer benefits which is always a plus, however you have to be a full time employee. Another plus is the amount of gratis you receive, great way to test out products and recommend to clients. Overall fun place to work, however pay isn’t the greatest.

work life balance is non existent and managers are manipulative

managers only care about needs of the business and their own agenda, they dont care about employees especially part timers and refuse to give workers a single day off, terrible company

Environnement de travail stimulant, collaboratif et stressant.

C’est un environnement où on apprend beaucoup et où la qualité du service à la clientèle est primordiale, ce qui en fait un travail exigeant, certes, mais très stimulant pour qui sait gérer son temps et son stress.

Pros

La collaboration entre les différents membres de l’équipe, la participation à des RÉER, les possibilités d’apprentissages infinies, les avantages sociaux (assurances-santé, programme d’aide aux employés, rabais sur les produits).

Cons

Horaires de travail et priorisation de l’ancienneté.

Okay

Unfair pay among worker. they don’t trust their employees as well Overworked and stressed. Some team leads and managers were understanding and nice.

Busy but fun team oriented environment

I really did enjoy my time at Sephora, the team was very supportive and felt like a family. There was always events going on in the store and they really provide you with product knowledge needed to sell products

Stressful

Way too fast-paced and so many rude customers. Unfair salary between employees (newer employees were paid more and we were not allowed to discuss our salary)

not as inclusive as they seem

When i worked there, i was so excited because i love makeup, but the people there are so rude, i was consistently feeling left out and had people talking badly about me less than three feet away from me. It felt like i was reliving my high school trauma and i couldn’t do it. I didn’t last long because after my first week i started dreading coming to work because people were so rude.

This place is a joke

Management will absolutely work you to the bone. The gratis and discounts are okay, but it's not worth the mental stress that management will put you through. Expectations are extremely high, while the pay sits slightly above minimum wage. If you have school or a life, I would NOT recommend working here because they have no respect for you, or your life outside of work. Management will change your weekly schedule, or add new shifts mid week with no heads up, leaving you scrambling to reschedule plans with friends and family. I find this hilarious, since they need AT LEAST 3 weeks notice for you to book a day off. You'd find better working conditions at Wal-Mart.

Pros

Gratis, Discount.

Cons

Management, Long hours, No work life balance.

Not worth jr

Catty management and girls. Not worth the stress. Only positive was free gratis and trainings. Forced to sell non-stop but you don’t make commission for any sales or appointments.

Fun workplace with lots of room for growth

Loved working here. Started as a cashier and worked my way up to a beauty consultant. Lots of benefits including occasional free lunches, store discounts, and a fun team.

Fun & fast paced!

loved working there , the team was amazing ! Going to work there didn’t feel like a job since it wasn’t too stressful and it was just fun being there. time usually would go by so fast since it was always so busy and when it wasn’t there was always some kinda task to do.

Pros

discount

Cons

wasn’t really any .

It’s okay

Low pay, they cut hours a lot and you get a few on-calls shift which YOU have to call to know if you’re working that day. The day goes by quickly but I worked there during the busy seasons.

good place to work

good place to work if you love makeup and love helping people feel even better about themselves. meet some amazing people. overall enjoyed my time with the company.

Great place for development

I started off as a seasonal cashier almost 5 years ago, now I’m almost leadership. This job is great for development into so many different roles/paths. Great environment and great leadership.

Fast paced

Depending on your role, it can be very stressful and very fast paced. Given a number of tasks to complete by a certain time mostly with no help or no guidance.

Good managers don’t make up for the competitive shifts

It was a good place to collaborate with other people and have managers to back you up but hard to get shifts, competitive with all staff. Hard to move up to other sections.

Pros

Managers are amazing

Cons

Competitive

Toxic work environment with very judgmental management and coworkers.

Not a very inclusive place to work, they do hire on looks and you have to wear makeup if you are female. Atleast 10 pieces of visible makeup even if you work in skincare or hair department. Also very unhygienic place to visit or work at, people do use the testers and sometimes workers don't care enough to sanitize or remove that tester, management budgets for testers and even if someone dips gloss and puts it on their lips it stays on the showcase for the next client. They do not provide gloves or cleaning equipment when taking out trash and cleaning bathrooms. They say it's always on back order so you see gloves rarely.

Pros

Free makeup

Cons

Long hours, work through breaks, non-inclusive management, no teamsmenship, non hygienic environment.

Horrible,stay away

Not worth it ,find another job .Please don’t waste your time ,standards are pretty much non existent.It used to be an amazing company but things have really gone downhill

Pros

Free makeup

Cons

Toxic work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement