Sephora
Coronavirus update
Information from Sephora:

Sephora Employee Reviews

Canada349 reviews
management was pretty bad at the time
When I was employed with Sephora, the management was horrible. the person in charge was not taking responsibility for the store she was in charge of and the HR factor was largely overlooked. Aside from that, the work was fun, and you truely have the opportunity to make life long friends there. Playing with makeup all day is really just something you can't pass up!
Pros
free snacks, lots of training, lots of free samples, great co-workers
Dynamic
Sephora is Dynamic and fast moving.
Get ready to learn, and be challenged.

Drive sales, customer satisfaction, and develop your talent

The business is like no other.
Sephora work experience
Working at Sephora is my dream come true! I love the environment and positivity. I have learned alot about sales and handling problems with clients. Sephora is a community where we care for everyone.
Working at Sephora
Loved working here. Made a lot of friends and was able to expand my retail experience and skills. I would recommend this job to anyone who is interested in the beauty industry.
Innovative Work Place
It was really nice experience over there. Staff was super friendly and very supportive with your requirements. Innovative make up according to seasons. Everyday you will know something new about the cosmetic.
Fun workplace.
It is a really nice workplace if your are passionate about cosmetics, fragrances and skincare. Sephora offers plenty of trainings to develop your knowledge on what they offer.
Great introduction into customer service
I was not the best version of myself when I worked for this company, honestly, I wish I could've been so much better back then. I believe if I was who I am now I could've thrived. Because I think at Sephora you'll go as far as you want to and every member will support you along the way! It's really awesome to see artists start practicing on stage then go to traveling to events, taking on bookings, and doing their own artistry on the side while still maintaining a full-time position. This company offers so much incentive and gratis it's unbelievable. You can ask about learning more about other worlds, expanding your knowledge, possibly finding your passion. They host plenty of events and there is just so much room for opportunities that I wish I would've taken advantage of. You'll learn a lot there if you are open to it.
Terrible Culture
Sephora has a terrible culture and no work life balance. This is made worse by them pretending to be an inclusive company. If you have children don’t work here. They are not accepting of work life balance at all.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Sephora. It was a place where I always felt listened to and taken seriously. There was always constructive feedback and I have taken a lot of the skills into other areas of life and improved as a person. Phenomenal experience overall.
Great perks, hard environment
The perks are great here, 20% discount, 40% on house brand, free full size products every month (gratis) and they truly invest in their employees as long as you put in the work. Sephora is a breed of its own , but if you can learn it and grow with it , its pretty awesome with the best perks being for store directors, assistant directors and department managers. If you are one of them they get sent on a yearly trip (they had one in mexico) and when they come from this trip they get a HUGE box of gratis like over $5000 value.

The hard part of working here is because you get gratis they feel they dont need to pay you as well, and also the high expectation of being perfect from saying the right verbiage to wearing min 5 visible pieces of make up at all time and the constant " coaching" and always being pushed that your good isnt good enough. Oh and if you have image issues be prepared as their uniforms on average make you go up 4 sizes
Bien pour débuter une carrière
Sephora est une belle école dans tout ce qui attrait du service a la clientele , l’experience client, la vente et le travail d’équipe
Good times!
Great place to work with great people. Sometimes I felt like better corporate decisions could be made on behalf of the employees but the management was great and tried their best.
Fun workplace
I really like working here, they are very interactive and open to new suggestions, they teach you so many new skills that help you to grow for you future jobs.
Not easy
It alot of pick and packaging to do in the warehouse
It fun and easy going with you co workers and other people

And the team leader and some of the management
Very fun place to work at!
The management team was always really helpful! Other co-workers are also really willing to help. You could also learn a lot by seeing how such a big company works. However, after a few months I started feeling everything is the same (but which job isn't?).. not much to complain. If the salary is enough for a better living style then I would want to work there forever!
Fun place to work
People are very fun and able to build long term friendship.
Management team are like high school students.drama all the time.

Best advice just go to work and don't worry abt others too much
Pros
Gratis
Cons
No 8 hrs between shift
Amazing atmosphere to work in
Working at Sephora was an amazing opportunity. The employees and clients are all wonderful. I'd recommend working there to anybody, especially if you have a desire for makeup/skincare.
Not bad
Overall its not a bad company, they're very motivational and push everyone to exceed daily goals. There are occasional events where if you exceed the daily goals you may get benefits.
There are many managers, several for each section like cashiers, floor, schedule.
Fun, relaxed
Fun, relaxed, nice incentives; second-to-none client experiences and customer services; one of the best client incentives; loyal clients; respectful managers and leads
Fun job, but not adequate pay, management isnt the best
So I worked at Sephora for 2 years, and overall it was really fun. My biggest issues were that
1. You got in trouble if you didn't wear enough makeup (I understand it's a job selling makeup, but they don't accept wearing makeup to just enhance your features in my experience)

2. Even after I went through training to get CM certified (included getting flown to Calgary for a multiple-day training seminar) and then once I was CM certified, my job responsibilities changed drastically with more duties and responsibilities. This would be fine if they gave me a raise for all of this. Which they didn't

3. They constantly talk about the clients' needs, but in my experience, they didn't care about the customer at all, just the sales. ( Again, I know it's a job selling makeup, but the management would set the client up with an expectation and then tell you over the headset that you can't fulfill the expectation for that client because management has already found you a new client.) This was very frustrating, as I tried to give everyone a great experience, whether they were purchasing or not.
All the stress with no pay
A typical work day for me includes clocking in, helping clients with makeup recommendations, processing transactions on till, and greeting clients.

Over my time at Sephora, I have learned a lot in terms of artistry. From moving to different worlds, I have seen different aspects of how a business is ran.

The workplace culture is not good at my Sephora location. The

management team constantly uses tactics of favouritism to run their store. In addition, there is a huge lack of support from management in day-to-day life at Sephora. Many days they would be spent in "meetings" (these were about weekly, and consist of talking badly about cast) where no leadership is available on the sales floor, and when we would need assistance, they would be visibly angry that we bothered them.

Recently, there has been a huge cut in hours at Sephora. Full-timers (non-salary) have had their shifts cut from 5 a week to 4 or sometimes 3, and part-timers are expected to be able to pay their bills off of 5-10 hours a week. People who have gotten second jobs to supplement their pay and make ends meet have been met with disapproval from management. Even though people's second jobs collaborate with Sephora's schedule and work around these hours, there was a lot of talk about "loyalty" within the company and management would use a lot of "we have invested in you and now you've done this"; by investing in you, they mean sending you to mandatory programs and classes that you need in order to work the business, such as makeup application certifications.

They will also randomly cut or add hours
 - more...