Sephora

Sephora Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sephora selected this as a representative review
I found that my experience with Sephora, is that everyone was very nice and accommodating toward me. Everyone was willing to help me, no one was rude to me about asking more about a task, or about help with a client, everyone has each others back when working. I learned how to process an online order, how to address a client and inquire about a product a client is looking for, and how to multitask with tasks given. Management was great, all supervisors were well placed in their roles, all of them were professional when times called for it. But they also were amazing to talk to and I loved their love for the job that they do. I have nothing bad to say about Sephora. It was a great place to work, and I made some great friends, and amazing people.
Pros
free lunches, amazing workplace, pay
Cons
It really depends on the store you’re in, the demographic of your clientele, and most importantly the leadership team. I worked at 2 different stores, one of them had some problematic managers, the other one had excellent management, and it made all the difference for me. However, if you’re easily stressed out, this is not the job for you. It’s a very fast-paced environment, especially during the holidays. There will also be times where there will not be anywhere near enough staff coverage on the floor, or at cash, or a lot of the time, anywhere at all. But for the most part, it can be a really fun job with a great discount and amazing experiences
Pros
Gratis, discount, fun events
Cons
Long hours, spotty work/life balance, stressful
There are a lot of rude leads that Sephora needs to ask it’s employee’s idea about the leaders!Long hours of standing with minimum pay and not enough employee on stage to help people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude leaders and too hard to be full-time
What stands out is the strong culture and community among individual. Of course that is not the case in every single store. Gtreat environment for anyone who would like to make a career within the retail industry.
Pros
Lots of trainings, gratis, and gifts!
Cons
Hard to become full time, Not the best work life balance
Strong leadership, room for growth, exceptional benefits.Sephora is a wonderful place to work with lovely management, staff, and higher ups. You learn so much in your time with them and it really is all about the client and making their experience memorable.
worked in a collaborative environmentprofessional and clean atmospheregreat customer serviceI had a great experience working at Sephora. The manager had an open door policy . I would have recommended this job to a friend. I enjoyed working with others. It was nice to wear a uniform and put on make up.
Pros
free cosmetics
There’s always something new to learn every day. very supportive of your goals and aspirations a great place to grow and gain confidence in your work and personal life. I’ve made some very amazing client and staff connections that will stay with me for a life time. the biggest con is entitlement from other not-so-sweet clients, many are very demanding “ get me this, do this, I have rouge (top tier membership) status so I should be getting special treatment” “ the customer is always right” type clients
Pros
Events, food, free product, friendly team
Cons
Demanding/entitlement from clients
Sephora does a great job at creating a positive work environment. the problem is that room for advancement is limited and selective. the need to work on diversifying internal promotions as well as the brands they carry. a #BLM post isn't enough. i would like to see more of a push for BIPOC advancement in the company at a corporate and retail level.
Pros
long breaks, gratis, training
Cons
long hours, difficult to advance
Continuously changing work environment with new programs and processes to keep things interesting and dynamic. Inspiring Company with an actual set of values they hold themselves to which is a rare asset. Coaching and development and diversity and inclusion are central pillars of the workplace. Strongly recommend.
They expect so much effort for so little reward. They say they believe in work-life balance, but then the managers and leads skip breaks and are always stressed. They constantly push for more sales, but then we are told that our service quality needs to be higher.Clients and management are demanding, and the jobs is physically demanding as well, but they'll pay you minimum wage. The job is great if youre planning on getting into the makeup sales industry, but not a great long-term option.
Pros
free product, good training
Cons
long, hard hours, minimum wage
Fun company very organized Good training opportunities to move up High standard Very strict management always watching each and every move High goals/sales targets services and expectations
Pros
The gratis the people the beautiful store
Cons
Being watched like a baby
It is a great place to work if you want to learn about the beauty industry, and network however management at this location shows favourtism, and made work into a competive enviroment
Pros
Gratis, knowledge, connections
Cons
Catty work enviroment
When you work at Sephora, you feel like you’re part of a second family. You can definitely advance in the company but it depends what interests you. There aren’t many options outside of working in store but still a great job if you’re still at school or working part time. It’s extremely fast-paced so make sure you’re comfortable working in that environment.
Pros - Team Management Gratis Non-competitive workteam Social advantage Cons - The salary is extremly low if you compare Sephora to all other cosmetics jobs. It's kind ofsad because you know they can give more.
Not sure if it was because they hired too many people, but we were not given a lot of hours. I worked about 4 hours a wee, which could not support me, so I had to get another job to support myself. Management was fine, but it is kind of competitive.
Pros
Free product, flexible schedule
Cons
Litte to no hours, no advancment
From minute one they throw you to work and the learning experiences and workshops never stop! It's an amazing environment to work in if you love moving, customer service and learning.
Pros
free products and discounts
Cons
some customers can be a pain, and sometimes long hours
Personal sales goals were given to each employee every shift and were followed up with throughout the shift. Many employees were guilted into working extra shifts and some were even asked to not return to school to continue working in store. I personally felt that it was a lot of expectations for minimum wage. Only full time employees had benefits, and when they were given insurance applications they had to wait 90 days before the benefits became available to them.
Pros
Free product
Cons
lack of employee benefits
I loved working at Sephora Pacific Center. The training was great as well as management. The work environment was great and chill. The gratis products were a great plus.
Pros
Free makeup and skincare
The management structure within the company is filled with redundancy. The stores have 5+ managers for small teams making it difficult for employees. There is a very common toxic culture between employees and mangament that leads to a high turnaround. The expecations for even the smallest positions are very high for low pay. If you don't look at it as your end-all be-all career you will be cast aside.
Sephora is very considerate when it comes to their workers' work-life balance. They were also generous when it came to the pandemic, paying their employees sick-leave.
Ce n’est définitivement pas un emploi pour tout le monde et il faut aimer travailler à pression. J’ai personnellement eu une expérience positive et je recommande à ceux qui sont réellement passionnés. Par contre, il faut savoir que c’est très exigent.
  1. Employee reviews