Seneca College

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Productive, great team, and fun place to work

Great place to work, supportive colleagues and management. Reasonable benefits, work hours, sometimes requires overtime. Slow during non-peak time such as mid of term, etc.

Very friendly and energetic atmosphere. I love working for Seneca College.

From the days I studied here as a student, to working here as an EA with the Disability & Accessibility department, my experience has been wonderful.

Pros

Independent and hours are reasonable

Cons

No benefits at all & no free parking available

Great place to work but there are downfalls!

Working at Seneca has been the best experience! Your co workers are great, the management is super supportive and there is room to advance or easily switch departments if you wanted to try something new. I would say the only down fall is that sometimes theres lack of work and it can be boring. I do not find my job meaningful or fulfilling. Maybe other positions in the college would.

Pros

Great Co workers, Pay, Benefits, Management

Cons

Boring, Long Hours, No motivation

One of the top Employer Which you can find.

Nice place to work, decent pay. Great team. Nice management. However hard to get hours without sacrifice. They only accept their schedule now teacher schedule.

Seneca is a great place to work

A very supportive environment with a great training process. They pay for your waiting/training period as well. Currently, we're in a tough time because of Covid 19 but Seneca College is controlling the situation and the benefits for staff well.

It was a very short experience as an intern.

I had a positive experience, however this was a very short internship. I cannot say more about things like career planning and/or benefits. I think my pay was fair considering I was working as a student.

I was just a recreation office employee

Work was fun and easy and the pay reflected that. Great for a casual part time gig after classes Why is there a 150 character minimum? filler filler filler

Pros

fun, on site already because of classes, very easygoing

Cons

its hard to call minimum wage a con when the job is this easy

Film Student at Seenca

I am a student so compensation does not apply to this company. Fantastic school to participate if you are looking to get into the film industry especially at this time as they are expanding their lessons!

Great job

Seneca was a great experience. The management wanted you to succeed and were there to help you reach professional growth. Benefits are top notch, salary is a great starting point, with annual raises.

Pros

Work life, benefits, salary

Cons

10 month contract lead to me looking for a year round job.

greate

Excellent place to work fun good benefits for part time contract type work . I teach part time under contract and opted for there benefit and pension package if you have a signed contract you will get benefits for a much reduced rate which I believe is excellent for part time work .i feel that if your looking for a rewarding career as a teacher here is where to be .

A decent place to work temporarily

Working at Seneca is not very fulfilling, but it helps as a Freelancer. The hours are flexible, but the pay does not match the workload, nor the expertise that I provide.

Great school to work for.

Love teaching here, the students and faculty are great. I wouldn't trade this job for anything. Zero benefits for part-time instructors though. This would be even better if more full-time positions were available.

Relatively relaxed but really expect you to put a lot of time in lesson planning without compensation!

People are pleasant. compensation , however you are expected to do a lot of work outside of classroom for which you are not paid . you are not given much guidance and you are pretty much on your own .

Fun workplace with best teammates

It was a volunteer job so salary or advancement is something that can be mentioned. I had the opportunity to work with my schoolmates from different programs. They were all outstanding and professional. I also could interact with high-school students and talk to them about my experience as a college student at the school. Moreover, I was supported and helped by a group of professors, who've helped me build my confidence and they are now my reliable references.

Pros

Free lunches, Fun and fulfilling

Great work life balance friendly staff safe environment good pay and benefits beautiful campus to work on opportunity to learn new things new, maintained and safe equipment to operate

Pros

free coffee

Cons

lots of insects

Seneca college is a fun place with strong relationship between students and the professors. Occasionally events are organised with student counsel.

Seneca College is a fun place. I was a full-time student at Seneca College by the time I applied to the position as a coop student. After I got the position, I start working with some of my professors and that is really uplifting! I got some friends from the professors from Seneca management!

Pros

I have got free lunches and flexible working hours

Cons

weekely work hours are short

Fun

Between preparing and attend the classroom, the time can run so fast. BUT Seneca must raise the standard bar to meet the knowledge, meaning most of the students are not having the required base knowledge, so it's difficult to go back and teach them the basic and then add the study material, there is not enough time during the semester

Good work environment

I was a good experience to work at Seneca College. I enjoyed working with nice people and good salary. I worked as a Part-time so I don't have any ideal for benefits.

Very good Part-time option for working students

The best part about this job is getting work experience. Also co-workers are very nice. Flexible schedule allows to maintain a good academic standing as well as make some money for student life.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Wages

Fun workplace, I like working there I had an opportunity to touch base with the accounting software PeopleSoft and I liked the challenge of sending timely EFT without mistake.

Pros

Some free lunch

Cons

I had to pay $7 for parking everyday

Amazing Place to work

It is a lot of contract work, they are not willing to make you full time. Otherwise this is an incredible place to work. Benefits, Unionized and amazing wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seneca College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3