Seneca College
Happiness score is 88 out of 100

Seneca College Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work at, even though as a student-worker, the pay is only at minimum wage

I've worked at a couple different projects as a student and later as an alumnus of Seneca- part time and temp jobs. They pay minimum wages, but the learning as far as job skills go, is excellent. They treat every employee with respect and supervisors always go out of their way to help employees with their professional goals and aspirations. The workplace culture is flexible, positive and encouraging, while keeping focused on excellent output.

Pros

Free and delicious meals!

Cons

There's no employee parking for temporary workers

Great place to work but there are downfalls!

Working at Seneca has been the best experience! Your co workers are great, the management is super supportive and there is room to advance or easily switch departments if you wanted to try something new. I would say the only down fall is that sometimes theres lack of work and it can be boring. I do not find my job meaningful or fulfilling. Maybe other positions in the college would.

Pros

Great Co workers, Pay, Benefits, Management

Cons

Boring, Long Hours, No motivation

Excellent organization

Good management, high level of education and standards, care for students and employees. A typical work day with Seneca was a relaxed environment. I always loved my job. I always felt good about myself and my job I did. I worked with students and helped them I learned so much from. I would like to have another job where I can learn from as well.

Great environment, friendships are easy and fun to make.

Enjoy the classroom atmosphere at all my Seneca classes. I can teach the required curriculum using my own style and experience. Get consistently superior student reviews in all my classes and enjoy the collaborative atmosphere with my fellow professors and staff.

Pros

Good / fair scheduling for my teaching hours.

Cons

Being a partial load professor does not guarantee my hours from semester to semester.

Best Job I Ever Had

Working for Seneca was the first time in my professional career where I was understood the concept of work not feeling like work because you love your job

Fun if stressful

This job was specifically for the small urban farm on Seneca Newnam campus. I was mostly left alone to care for the farm, but I ran occasional tours and spoke at events.

Seneca at York

The Amazing team here and have great hours and the environment is great as well. The team is very welcoming and encouraging. The team has been here for over 10 years

Pros

Hours

Cons

Long days

loved helping people

great people, great staff and updated with new technology. enjoyed helping people with the schedule, classrooms and my seneca application. overall, it was a best job.

Great environment to work for as a Research Assistant

Great environment to work for as a Research Assistant Time is flexible as long as you finish the tasks Technologists are very helpful Learn many things and doing research is exciting

One of the top Employer Which you can find.

Nice place to work, decent pay. Great team. Nice management. However hard to get hours without sacrifice. They only accept their schedule now teacher schedule.

Jobs at Seneca College

See more jobs

Good working environment and team work promoted

It is a really good workplace where teamwork is prominent. I love working here and everything is well organized and scheduled. All team members are very talented.

teaching at Seneca is a learning process

I joined Seneca as a french teacher and I was in charge of implementing the Arabic course. It was an honour and a source of pride to be the first one to start the Arabic course that is still running and attracting more student each semester. I really enjoyed working at Seneca with such a wonderful team.

Formal place to work.

The everyday routine is calm and the supervisor/directors are always ready to help. You can find people to guide you with attitudes and words to help you moving forward.

It was fun

It was a fun collaborative work environment as we are working with different COOP students at Seneca. It's nice to work with other people in the department as well.

Seneca is a good plsce to work if you are looking for a perfect balance between your personal life and work. Management is always ready to help and guide and training is always available.

This is a great place to work and to work for. Most of the staff and co workers are positive , friendly, and very helpful.

I loved working here. I made a few long lasting friends here. The management teams and departments are always willing and ready to help you learn and advance from within. Seneca college is truly an amazing place to work, and learn. Definitely, the definition of equal opportunity hiring for all.

Seneca is a great place to work

A very supportive environment with a great training process. They pay for your waiting/training period as well. Currently, we're in a tough time because of Covid 19 but Seneca College is controlling the situation and the benefits for staff well.

It was a very short experience as an intern.

I had a positive experience, however this was a very short internship. I cannot say more about things like career planning and/or benefits. I think my pay was fair considering I was working as a student.

Challenging to work

Workplace culture unhealthy and challenging to work with groups of people with little communication. Inconsistent work and insecure hours. High stress not understanding when the next contract might be. No consistency to be able to build relationships and build skills.

Productive and helpful job

Assist to the teachers at Broadcasting - Television program and Acting program, help them and studentds while classes. Bring equipmen and set up it for a proper using.

I was just a recreation office employee

Work was fun and easy and the pay reflected that. Great for a casual part time gig after classes Why is there a 150 character minimum? filler filler filler

Pros

fun, on site already because of classes, very easygoing

Cons

its hard to call minimum wage a con when the job is this easy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seneca College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3