Seneca College

Working at Seneca College: Employee Reviews

Canada380 reviews

studentcollegeprofessorsemestercampusclassstudyskill

Great pay and benefit

9-5 job it can be accommodated based on your situation. It's a great place to work with no micromanagement. Lack of staff is a critical issue. You just mind your own task and everyone will be fine. Do not try to take initiative and do what they didn't ask you to do.

Pros

Reasonable pay, flexible schedule

Cons

No competition, internal politics

Outstanding!

Great support. Fantastic school. Expert professors. I have been blessed with Fantastic students and a work life balance that in not comparable. Truly recommend

Insights into Seneca College

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Amazing friendly workplace

Very satisfied with my workload, workplace, payments, benefits, etc. I always learn new skills every term I teach, I make lots of connections and networking through Seneca's teaching conferences and networking.

Good for entry level, time to practice, poor pay

It’s good in overall if you want somewhere to begin with, but don’t expect much. The environment is good but you’ll be busy all day long. It’s better to have a good manager as well. They pay minimum with little bonus if you work after office hours.

Teaching American Sign Language online or in class

I love to teach them to learn how to use sign language. I enjoy their cultures and their languages. I love to challenge them during online classes. They always know my style of teaching online. They are doing very well in learning sign language. Awesome job.

Pros

break time, good practice partner of private in online, Please use computer or laptop, Best to see big screen than small screen.

Cons

you sit for 3 hours at your computer. Focus on sign language of online, Don't use iPad or phone, it causes very limited and small screen hard see on it.

Ok place to teach

They don't hire full timers.Nice place to teach online but I prefer to teach in-person.I hope they hire more full timers.Overall good place to teach.

Great work environment

Very easy going and task are clearly laid out. And you can always ask for help if needed. It was a great experience for my first job working in the environmental field.

Pros

relaxed work environment, Excellent supervisors

Cons

Low pay

Worst place to work in Canada

Seneca College is the ONLY college that still enforces vaccine/mask mandate in Ontario on July 26, 2022. The upper management are all political hacks. The pay is bad and the work load is high. They are extremely mean to employees. MUST avoid at all cost.

Amazing place to work

Everyone at Seneca is supportive and always willing to help others. I love my job so much since I am able to provide support for students. A great chance for those who look for a on campus job and would love to connect with others and create positive environment. You will have a chance to get involved in many group events which are fun and engaging

Fun place to work and great management

Seneca is a great place to work. I tutor and I find they are super helpful when dealing with schedules and any issues that may arise. Schedules are based on our availability and they let us change our shift s based on what we have going on.

Pros

Flexible schedule, Great management, Decent pay

Best job in the world

This is the most satisfying job I have ever had. After having worked in industry for 20 years, it has been great sharing my knowledge with these students.

Pros

Salary, flexible hours, work with students, holidays and benefits, peers/colleagues

Its ok

Fast paced environment. Workload is high, and can be very stressful but management is very respectful of your hours and does not expect you to work outside of business hours. Benefits and salary are good if you are a permanent employee. Vacation starts at 3 to 4 weeks depending on position. Most jobs are unionized.

Family company

It’s good if you wanna work slowly. There are so many people who works hard but not everyone wants to work hard. So if you’re trying to work hard find somewhere else.

Pros

Family oriented

Cons

Salary

Good place to get some work skills in

Coworkers were helpful and helped me learn a lot of things. Early starts but also get to finish the day early. Jovial atmosphere while working, usually.

Relatively Easygoing Position

I conducted general campus tours on a weekly basis and during Open House on a part time basis during my first year at Seneca as a full time student. I would explain and show all the various services and offices to prospective students and families around the campus. I’d also assist with setting up and putting furniture and equipment away for Open House.

Pros

Promoting the college, meeting prospective students from all walks of life, scheduling around classes

Cons

Only working one day a week, lack of opportunities to promote the college outside of doing campus tours

Fantastic to learn from good instructors.

Great experience to learn in Seneca college where the professors are very experienced and helpful. The lectures are very practical and easy to use in the work.

Flexible and welcoming

The supervisors were very responsive and allowed flexible working conditions, taking your class schedule into consideration. Very easy to transition from your classes to work (in the same building).

Most Professors are great!

Show up and help students that are struggling. Very rewarding work. Teachers are very relaxed and understanding. Most of the job is waiting around for a student that needs help.

Pros

in between classes

Cons

Pay/hours isnt great.

One of the best jobs you will ever have!

I love working at Seneca College, I am learning so much in terms of how students should be provided with right information about their admin query. I love how I can extend my knowledge and help to them especially to those who are new students. Working hours is the best, my manager is so flexible and they care for their working students so well. Compensation is awesome too! I'm really looking forward to be working with Seneca as much as I can.

Productive, great team, and fun place to work

Great place to work, supportive colleagues and management. Reasonable benefits, work hours, sometimes requires overtime. Slow during non-peak time such as mid of term, etc.

Very friendly and energetic atmosphere. I love working for Seneca College.

From the days I studied here as a student, to working here as an EA with the Disability & Accessibility department, my experience has been wonderful.

Pros

Independent and hours are reasonable

Cons

No benefits at all & no free parking available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seneca College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement