Seneca College Employee Reviews

okay
not available (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 April 2018
this is a coop position.

was okay. nothing to complain.

CYPQ is just far from the city centre and it was just a bit of a challenge to get to work because there is no bus service to the airport.
Fast Paced Environment
INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
A multicultural team that works in order to enhance the quality of life of international students as well as prospect ones. It's a very friendly place to work at.
Very supportive and enorormousely experienced professors and stafff dedicated to equip students with the right and required knowledge and experience
Lab Monitor/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
The professors and staff are very experienced in academic and industrial settings and are willing to help and equip students with the right knowledge and experience from their enourmousely enriching academic and industrial work experiences that would make students succeed in their career and life
Great Learning Environment, Excellent Employer
Leader, Seneca Photography Club (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2018
Seneca College is a great place to work at for students who need experience, and want to find a place in Seneca.

As the leader of the Photography Club, I was tasked with leading the club during the Winter and Summer semesters. The administrators are friendly, and supportive.
conducted surveys around college
KPI Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
sign in with the manager at the beginning of every shift
help with the surveys; if any envelope is missing surveys complete the envelope
take the right envelope to the right classrooms
management was good of this job, answered every questions we had
fun part was when we were conducting the surveys in classrooms
Great school to study at
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
Seneca's Computer Programming and Analysis program has great teachers and tutors to help you succeed. The co-op program is also fantastic. I gained a lot of valuable experience from here.
Fun place
Placement at True Davidson Acres (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 February 2018
Challenging, busy,organzied,clean,quiet, friendly, management is very understanding. This place ensures you have all the necessary tools to suceed. I would recommend this place to others
Student at seneca volunteering workshops
ECE workshops (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON7 February 2018
I am studying ECE at seneca . It is a great place for learning. Staff is passionate and very dedicated.i am taking workshops with different age groups.
Pros
Diversity cultures
Cons
Pay parking
Customer Service role
Seneca Business411 Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
Helping assist students with various problems on a day-to-day basis.

Lots of exciting activities that can be participated in.

Relaxed workplace, where the co-workers are your friends.
Good place to be.
Resource Centre Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 January 2018
Fortunate to be able to balance work and education in one place.
Management was available and willing to help. Other staff were equally reliable.

I enjoyed my work at Seneca working in the Resource Centre. I had an opportunity to employ my library training such as classifying student grad surveys. The surveys classified, and compiled were then submitted to the Ministry of University & Colleges, that were ultimately published and served as an educational training resource guide.

It was an interesting job, and although there were time lines, it was not stressful.
Pros
Education.
Cons
I didn't find any cons working here for the time that I was employed at Seneca.
Need to select good prof
Graduating College Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
sometimes you have to really work hard on your own, because some prof just do not care what you will learn after the course, they are just to present, not even check progress of different sections. Leave too much blind spot for students.
Great Combination of Practical and Theoretical Knowledge
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2018
Great opportunity to learn Civil Engineering program. Program suitable for motivated and detail oriented people. Professors are acknowledged and ready to help each student individually.
great place to work
Janitorial duties, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
enjoyed meeting new students and employers . was always ready for new job requirements made things interesting. I was always made feel welcome. Gave me a very good start on requirements of cleaning for larger places.
Pros
room for advancement
fun
Gym Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 January 2018
good place to work if you are a student and want to work at the same time. the balance is great. its a great place as you get to meat different students
One of the best work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2018
it was full of fun when I was working there. We have to meet lots of new students and helping them to find out about Seneca and their programs. Also, if they have any questions about their studies we help them.
Good
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
This is a good place to work with a fine work life balance. The work is interested and everyone is treated very well. I have nothing bad to say other than it is heavily unionized.
Seneca College
COURSE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  1750 Finch Avenue East, North York, Ontario13 December 2017
Teaching Seneca's diverse population has been an honor. Theprograms are diverse and faculty and staff are skilled professionals.

I feel fortunate to work at Seneca College, as the college has offered me learning and personal growth opportunities.
Most rewarding, however, has been working with the students. They are not only learners, but teachers to the teachers as well.
Sectretary Assistant
Assistant to the Chair (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
Meet the needs of the Chair and factulty of the School of Fashion and Merchandising. I learned how fantastic the faculty and students were. Building relationships. I also volunteered in other departments, was involved in events.
Pros
Met fantastic people!
Cons
Moving around into different positions throughout the school.
Reference and Borrower Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
It is a great place to work. I love the people I work with in my department. The only con, is there is zero chance here of a full time position coming up and I don't want to be stuck doing a part time contract position for the rest of my life. As well, the salary for my position is well below what other colleges offer for the same position.
Pros
Great people, environment, love talking with students
Cons
stuck in a part time contract position, no pay raise, zero benefits
College Archivist
College Archivist (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
College Archivist. Responsible for Archives and Special Collections. Development of Seneca Archives and Special Collections. Archives. Records Management. Special Collections. Exhibitions. Outreach. Advocacy. Public Speaking.