SEMEX Employee Reviews

favoritism is the goal of this company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 March 2019
Unfortunately monopoly of few people is dominant at SEMEX,The HR only hire Referral candidates.There is not such thing Merit and qualified people hired there.They say Diversity but just for their favorite people lots of women in production have raciest behavior.
So so Disappointing environment for non referral employees.
Higher Management should take an action against those ladies who actually promoting racism in the company just for the sake of their designations to be saved since they are all on referrals.
Pros
for only referral candidates good environment
Cons
racist environment
Great Culture and Career Growth
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 September 2017
I have been working at Semex for nearly 5 years and it has been an amazing experience. This is a company that truly values employees and continues to strive towards excellence. I have had incredible career growth and support from my colleagues and management since starting in 2013 and can only see more to come. From career development to the very active social committee this is a great place to be with a great culture and fantastic people.
Pros
Benefits, culture/social, balance, encouragement, skills development.
Productive and fun work place
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 April 2016
I learn a lot in this company, friendly atmosphere, everyone very cooperative. Management are very good people, my team of human resource people, I enjoy working with them.
Reception position working with Human Resources on a daily basis
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON7 February 2016
I enjoyed working with the guests, help new employees on their first day, all departments worked hand in hand. The receptionist position was well detailed with information, many samples of "how to" so it made the position more relaxing
Pros
very nice office atmosphere
Cons
too much gossiping, backstabbing and too far to travel
Interesting experience
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 October 2013
Working for Semex was interesting, it's not a field I was familiar with but I enjoyed learning about the business. I'm also a closet science geek so it was kind of cool to explore.