Selkirk College

Selkirk College Employee Reviews

Great environment to work part-time. Can make new friends from different countries. There is a lot of support from the supervisor and students. College offers transportation for outdoor activities
I really enjoy working at the gym at Selkirk College's Castlegar campus. It is a very enjoyable environment to work in and I find the tasks I am given to be fair and not out of my abilities. I am in charge of the weekly fitness challenges, as well as cleaning the weight room, and helping to organize events that are held at the gym (for example volleyball tournaments, dodgeball tournaments etc).
They give us students the opportunity to be expose in how to market social media marketing and how to leverage our audience through engaging with them.
I enjoyed working at this job. My coworkers were wonderful, and there was always something to do. I learned many new skills and and was able to increase my knowledge about banquets and food service. I was part-time/casual and was able to work around a busy school schedule.
A friendly and nurturing workplace in the nursing laboratory. The instructors from the nursing department who uses the laboratory are very kind and considerate.
The atmosphere and work culture are both great in their own ways, from a work - life stand point. My typical work is getting home from school and going on shift from 4 to 11, doing a round of the building every hour to ensure the safety of the residents.
Pros
Free Rent
Cons
Long nights
Selkirk College is a rural college serving the Kootenay region in British Columbia. It mainly focuses on providing hands-on training for trades and technical professions but it also offers a variety of university courses to students who wish to transfer to a university program after 2 years at Selkirk. The Castlegar Campus where I work is located at the meeting point of Columbia and Kootenay rivers, which offers breathtaking views! But the best part of working at this institution are the highly educated and cordial faculty members They help each other with warm simplicity and some special rural solidarity I have not seen during my teaching years in Toronto.
Pros
Beautiful location, amazing colleagues and high wages.
Cons
Long teaching hours with little room for preparation time and low job security.
Selkirk College gives students an opportunity to work on campus. The administration gathered a team of students who like making videos and gave them a project to work on, which is great because it helps students to distract from their studying and just do what they like.
Interacting with patrons at the front desk and on the phone, sharing information on the gym and membership rates with new visitors and answering questions and managing check-in and check-out procedures for existing members and guests. Also educating members who seek information about gym hours, available equipment and classes, and other items.
Pros
Meeting new people, Fun environment
Cons
Working as a Facebook Editor is quite a challenging task, It is a creative task.I have to keep myself updated with daily news and upcoming events, Fun is in learning new tools and designs.I learned my way through every odds and i am proud to say I have achieved the number of viewer we where looking for. Atmosphere is very friendly, my boss is like my friend, I can as any questions any time Every day was fun filled my college is like my second home.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Non
Front desk. Organizing activities. Preparing equipments. Cleaning entrance and gym.
My experience as a peer tutor for international students was wonderful and rewarding.
  1. Employee reviews