SELF STORAGE

SELF STORAGE Employee Reviews

RightSpace is one of the best I've worked for in self storage!

Read a very long derogatory review here that made me laugh at the ridiculousness of it and am therefore under the assumption that person was probably relieved of their duties and therefore a disgruntled employee who would say anything out of anger or perhaps just completely ignorant on the point of running a business. This company pays on the higher end for this type of business and offers decent benefits. They treat their employees well overall and their customers come first!

Very disappointed

The management leaves you to figure it out.employee issues were obsurd and never addressed, tenants increases in rent were unreasonable and your to explain why even though you had no say in the increase.

Pros

Pay check

Cons

Everything involved daily

Empresa humana

Tive uma grande oportunidade em uma área que nunca teabalhei, confiou no meu esforço e força de vontade, na competência como profissional que demonstrei.

warehouse

very fun job and clean place.. great customer service and love the area too.. just looking for a full time job with more hour and benefit if I can. team player too

Boss is an awesome guy! Can't say anything bad about him or the company. They provided everything you need no need to bring your own stuff! I would highly recommend this job to anyone as long as your not a crook!

Pros

Good structure, great management

Cons

Low pay

Pretty fun work place, always had time to rest from lifting.

The typical day at work mostly went with me going their by bike, and start working promptly. lifting things from here to there mostly, (heavy things commonly).

Pros

free lunches and anytime bathroom breaks

Cons

Barely any breaks

Horrible Managment

Worst Property Manager Ever! To many units broken into because of poor services! Not tending to the tenants questions or concerns. Policy is to do two daily security walks and they aren't doing walks and not checking the locks to make sure secure!!

Productive & amazing learning experience.

Loved my job as Assistant Manager at Self Storage. I learned great professional communication skills and sales techniques. I wanted to make this my career at one point. I encourage goal motivated people-person to apply at a job like this.

Pros

was right around the corner, amazing managment, flexibility

Cons

no cons.

Relaxed Environment

Spring through fall is the busy time. The winter season is pretty relaxed. Quiet job unless it's summer. Not stressful. You still have a couple of weeks each month during the summer that are slow.

Pros

Quiet

Cons

not really any

Self Storage was an Easy and Fun place to work

Everything was pretty much self explanatory at the Self Storage, The only thing I had to learn a little about was the computer. It was quiet and no one gave me any problems.

Pros

Easy job and I got to leave the premises for lunch

Meeting customers

Working with managers and teaching them about self storage. Teaching them how to collect delinquent rent and rent units. Making them understand the true running of their property and how to keep the numbers up and income coming in.

Co owner was money hungry

My manager was exceptional with training and patient with all my annoying perfectionist questions. However the co owner fired me upon returning from scheduled and communicated appointment. Upon further investigation had discovered because I was a new employee and co owner wanted vacation pay he let me go to cover the cost because he couldn't keep me on payroll and take his vacation.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Lack of communication

Each day was never the same.

Fast pace environment. There was always something to do. Never dull. Met someone new almost every day. Corporate office upstairs above store. Got to deal directly with owner at least once a week.

Pros

Corporate office was always helpful...never rude

Cons

Had to work every Saturday...no time to enjoy family

Great experience

Renting storage units. The day includes processing payments. Selling Locks, boxes, waiting on customers. Cleaning the office and grounds. The people I worked for are great. There is really no hard part to the job. As long as you plan your day and follow the routine, it goes good. The most enjoyable part is serving the customer.

Pros

Getting to Manage and run the operation

Productive and fun place to work.

There is never a boring day at Gate 5 SS. My day consist of a variety of customer who's in need of storing there belongings. 85% of my clientele are Military and business owners. Since employed with the company I've learned that people can loose everything they own at a drop of a dime. Helping my customer hold on to there belongings has become a blessing and a challenge at the same time. This is a family own business, so I work very closly with the owner. This has been truly rewarding. The owner and I work closely to bring new changes to the company with competitive pricing, the state of the art security system. We are also a U-haul dealer making our store a one stop shop. My co-worker workers are great! We have each other back and work well to bring in new account for the owner. There is nothing hard about my job at all. the most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer is able to move there items out without going to auction.

Pros

I get to travel to different states for work expo and traing shop, and stay at 5 star hotel for free.

Cons

It sad that because it is family own, I do not get any health benefits, 401k

Great environment

I was able to be myself at all times. I learned so many things while working here and that's all be the service not the job.

Self Storage 1

I liked this job and the people that worked for me. I like the upper management they where great. I however did not like my supervisor as he was from out of state and did not understand how things work in Califronia (state laws). Overall it was a very good job I would rate it four out of five stars.

Pros

its in san francisco

Cons

middle management

fun place to work , great boss

pretty good place to work, boss works with my schedule when im in school, and that was very important to me.

Pros

pay was very nice to start

Cons

no medical insurance offered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SELF STORAGE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2