Select Express & Logistics Employee Reviews

Great Carrer Expirience!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL5 April 2019
Great culture, great management, very team oriented. I will recommended to anyone seeking for great company.

You will have the opportunity to learn different aspects of Logistics and will acquire new skills that will help you to achieve something greater than yourself.
Pros
Carrer Advanced Opportunities, Upper Managment Are Always Scouting New Talent
Cons
Work Life-balance is poorly due to customers expectations.
fast and interactive workplace inviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 April 2019
Working for Select i notice that is very fast past and also very interactive as you will always meet new companies and people while we were out for delivery
work place and culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY7 March 2019
management and employees are a welcoming group, work was easy to catch and working environment comfortable. Busy but easy going. Hardest part of the job is getting use to working the evening shift
Pros
starting pay
Cons
late work hours
Unprofessional management
Bike Messenger (Former Employee) –  55 west 393 March 2019
Unprofessional management
Disrespectful dispatchers
Sloppy routing
No holiday bonuses
The pay sucks
No work is ready for pick ups

They will fire you over petty things.
Pros
You can start where you are at.
Cons
Nothing is professional
You get to learn about fitness equipment
Fitness equipment assembler (Current Employee) –  Work in local area. HQ is located in New York, NY28 February 2019
Assembling of fitness equipment is interesting and motiving work. you work on your own and the faster you work the more beneficial it is since you get paid by job. Once assigned work is completed you are done for the day unless other jobs are available to you.
Pros
self reliability, meet people, customer interaction, get to know places, you can make good profit when work is available.
Cons
lack of consistency work, use your own vehicle, use of your own tools
Its a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ22 February 2019
Its a job. Gotta pay your bills then work here. Looking for great pay and advancement go somewhere else! Job was easy but pay is low especially with the cost of living in New Jersey.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Egh
Select Express
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NY23 January 2019
Management was always there for you, if you needed something.
A typical day at work would be loading your van in the morning with the hundreds of packages that you were going to deliver that day.
The normal work day would be from 10 to 12 hours.
This place is just a step onto the next job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ19 December 2018
Extremely unprofessional, stressful environment. Can also be hostile at times. If you end up here. Get out quick and find something better. Management will talk down to you. Training is poor, they will throw you in and expect you to know everything by week 1. Nepitism. They can replace you quickly. Place is a revolving door. Lots of favoritism. Day consists of being screamed at by management, customers & coworkers.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
One 30 min break no matter how long you work, no 15 min break unless you smoke, constant stress, angrycustomers, no resolutions, treated very poorly
Mehh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ5 December 2018
it's okay if your young and just starting. nothing to make a career of. it is a call center, the cubicles are tiny and everyone is always stressed. no formal training they just let you wing it.
Pros
none really
Cons
also none really. its a job
It was ok working here
Dispatch Support/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  New York, NY10 November 2018
It was ok working at select express. The people are pretty good workers. Every job has their ups and downs. This one did as well. I had to move on due to relocating.
Fast Paced and Great Learning Experience
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ13 September 2018
I have learned so much about the logistics industry while working here. Select has a Training and Development Manager that spends his full time making sure everyone is aware of the procedures and SOP's. My time here working with our providers all over the country has been a great experience so far.
Pros
Train Station less than 1 mile away; Always busy, so lots of OT available
Cons
Work late shift for longer than I wanted to
Friendly Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  60 metro way6 July 2018
I love this place, They offered me training with a training instructor and then they had me sit with customer service agents and shadow for about a week. After the week was up, I started taking calls on my own. The manager has been pretty flexible and helpful( I recommended asking questions in the beginning). I also like the fact that an ice cream truck visits the location in the summer. Overall I have been learning a lot about logistics, I'm hoping to one day get promoted to a dispatcher.

The other thing I like about select express is the overtime. if your looking to work extra hours and its available, they will give it to you
Pros
OT OT OT extra money
Cons
Location (distance from the bus stop in Secaucus Rd)
Never Have enough Routes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ19 March 2018
When I was hired I was told I would always have work.When I showed up for two weeks straight I Got two days of Work.One For a Ride along Training one solo driving a week Later .You Show up and they have 21 routes and you look around and there 28 drivers .Guess what you and the other 6 drivers are on standby.Meaning you drove all the way here but will not work that day You can help the other drivers load and get 2 hours of pay then they send you back home.No Benefits at all and the Managers are running around like chickens without heads lol.Oh and when you do work its at least 150 to 170 stops a day for 14 to 15$ Ups ..Fed Ex Pace With Messenger pay..
Cons
On Standby, No benefits, Management lost
Sloppy management bad pay
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ohio9 December 2017
the management was very confused and it led to a lot of anger from customers that would get put on us. The pay was very bad also 35 dollars to deliver a 350lb treadmill upstairs or anywhere in someones house.
Contract work
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX28 November 2017
If you can do your job quickly and without error, you have an opportunity to make great money. The other side to this is that you need a good scheduler that knows what is going on, unfortunately, there are not many that fit into this category.
Pros
making money
Cons
loosing money from lack of comunication
Terrible Company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJ19 October 2017
This is the worst company to work for they have poor management and their CEO's have no idea how to run a company. They have no drivers to cover work in most areas and treat their drivers very badly. They treat their dispatches very badly as well always cursing and yelling at them and then expect them to work 7 days a week.
I liked this job
Package Delivery Driver for Amazon (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL3 August 2017
A typical day at work was waking up early in the morning
I've learned to gain strength because it requires a lot of heavy packages
The management were good to work with
workplace was at a warehouse
The hardest part of the job lifting heavy packages from and to buildings or homes
The most enjoyable part of the job was driving
Pros
Driving throughout the city or town
Cons
Driving at night
They give you with no breaks except on occasions like now.
Messenger (Current Employee) –  New York, NY24 July 2017
It is not the best company to work for. Management is good in some cases, it is not that enjoyable, they will get you time off but with no pay. You only work with this company on minimum wage, but you work on commissions.
Pros
Those who enjoy the outdoors, its fine.
Cons
No lunch breaks at all.
No Growth
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY5 July 2017
If you don't know someone moving up is very hard and receiving what you are worth is something Select Lacks. A lot of hard work goes on but there is no appreciation
Very unorganized company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NY29 June 2017
This company was very poorly managed. The manager that was hired would rather be friends with the drivers than be a boss.
The other dispatchers were also terrible workers always putting there work on the next person.
This company was very poorly managed and I'm surprised it is still contracted to deliver Amazons packages.
Cons
poor management, terrible dispacthers and terrible coworkers.