Seiu Healthcare Employee Reviews

Helping out a person around the house cleaning (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI27 August 2018
It was a good job to have to have money in your pocket every month I had a great boss and the job was fair easy work cleaning the house cooking and doing other things she needed to be done
Driving from state to state working with home aide
Organizer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC24 August 2018
I enjoy working with home care and letting them know you care for them.
My job is having meetings with the workers making sure that there job is done right.
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
Paid meals
Felt Accomplished
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden Prairie, IL26 July 2018
This line of work gave me a good feeling of accomplishment and I never felt like I was wasting my time. Just to see a smile on the customers face was enough to keep me going.
Pros
Social time
Cons
Not much down time
It varies
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA27 June 2018
I didnt have a lot of experience with management as I worked at home to take care of a family member, and didnt work from house to house for different clients.
Pros
flexible
Cons
stressful
Stronger Together
Shop Steward/Organizer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 631126 May 2018
When I first started, I was so eager to learn as much as I could. I didn't have a lot of time to do it because I was an intern. My willingness to learn was dully noted. Learning terms I haven't heard before. Soaking up all the lingo. I pesterd everyone to show me this or show me that. Constant badgering asking questions. I must have filled to notebooks. Teamwork really does make the dream work.
Pros
since of family
Cons
Not enough time in a day help everyone
Client Houses
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 February 2018
Caring for your Clients, the elder, disabled, or mentally ill at their home
Cleaning, Bathing, Bed Positioning, cooking, shopping, Medicine Management, etc
Temp
Union Organizer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA30 January 2018
Temp Union organizer. Loved the folks I worked with. Would recommend SEIU HCPA to a friend. People there are making great strides within the home healthcare movement.
Dedicated
Senior Graphic Designer/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 January 2018
Strong union fighting for social and economic justice for its members. This is a challenging place to work but full of passionate and dedicated people working on positive change.
SEIU Healthcare
Member Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 January 2018
When I arrived at work I would clock in, Check my emails and send out the morning updates. when that was done I'd sign into the call center software and began accepting calls. My work workload depended on how many calls I accepted and what they consisted of . I regularly filed grievances and processed refunds. The work place culture was very casual however my manger was not very good with managing everyone's time so we ended up short staffed often. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people and making a difference for them. The hardest part of the job was not being able to provide updates for people who had lost their jobs.
Empathetic and meaningful job
Individual Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 October 2017
This been a temporary position taking care a cancer patient right before hospice, untill my client been alive. After client passed away I went to college to study "Medical Office Administration"
Pros
Empathetic, touching and memorable
Cons
Stressful and sad because client died.
starter job for kids who want to be in the medical field
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 July 2017
It was a paid volunteer program I did at Parker Jewish institute. In the program we had our set jobs and things we had to do. At the end of the day they helped us develop plans for our future and added guidance for us.
Fast paced envirement watch your step
IT Helpdesk Representative / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA20 February 2017
Have to really say about this place I haven't worked here in three years. What I do remember it was always changing. there was a high turnover rate of employees unless you where in management.
Pros
fun people
Cons
knocking peoples doors
Fun and full of adventure
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Largo, MD30 September 2016
This company is amazing! They helped many of people and it is always fun working the polls for the elections and seeing how many lives that have been changed because of them. A wonderful company to volunteer working for.
Seiu
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 October 2015
Over all I loved my job duties I had to perform on the daily but the way management treats its employees became to be unfair and disrespectful. I loved the diversity of people I worked with on the daily and the fun outings we used to enjoy together. Overall, I was trained for many different job functions in which I gained a lot of hands on experience that benefits me in many different aspects.
Pros
free food, supportive co workers, family oriented, enjoyed my job duties
Cons
I disliked the short lunches and breaks, micromanaging, Misleading management team, and favoritism.
If you like taking care of elderly people, then this is the job for you!
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WA19 October 2014
Even though I did not get a full experience of a Home Care Aide, but I got to experience the career. A typical day at work would be working at home and taking care of my grandfather. A typical day, I would have to make sure he is fed, cleaned, and taking his medication. Pretty much taking care of another human being. The hardest part of the job is going through the disgusting part. I don't want to go into details, but taking care of what you finish in the bathroom, especially if you don't even make it, is troubling. Even for an 100 hour limited job! The most enjoyable part of the job is that I got to work at home. I didn't have to travel far and I could concentrate on my classes. As a final note, I only took care of my grandfather, so I didn't experience the full job of a Home Care Aide, because there are many other patients to look after.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA2 July 2013
Very productive bussiness great work enviorment, great personality, love working for a postive atmosphere, got alone with supervisor, completed all task on time. work alone with no supervision.