Sedgwick Claims Management Services Employee Reviews

require people who are work-aholics
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN17 April 2018
A lot to learn. However we have to work under tight deadlines which are changing spontaneously. Managers can fire you any day you don't have work even if you worked a lot harder in the past. No one will appreciate your hard work
Pros
a lot to learn
Cons
crazy deadlines
Culture in Finance leaves something to be desired
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN16 April 2018
The culture in the client banking group is toxic. Management is hyper-reactionary, creating a chaotic and stressful environment. The focus is always on what's wrong and rarely recognizes or rewards success.
Pros
Plenty of PTO
Cons
Toxic culture
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX12 April 2018
Hardest part was the constant switching up of managers.
Very fast paced but environment was laid back. Able to listen to music and work as I never had to be on the phone.
Fast paced environment, great people to work with.
Disability Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX10 April 2018
Sedgwick provides wonderful benefits, including generous PTO time, good medical/dental coverage, 401k. Work/life balance at this company is difficult often times, and hard work and excellent service is not always rewarded, unfortunately. It seems some promotions are not based on merit or ability, but who you know.
Good company, high expectations.
Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL9 April 2018
Overall it is a good company to work for however there is continued demands and high expectations without management providing additional resources. For exempt employees, you work beyond 40 hours a week on a regular basis.
Work/Life Balance is a reality here
SERVICE CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX5 April 2018
There is no micro-management. Great place! I feel like this is a dream. I only miss the overtime as it is rare to get OT hours. I have tried to get my friends in, but there is not many openings as non one leaves.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Nice spacious desks
Cons
No OT
Busy!
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI4 April 2018
Poor managment with certain accounts. Expected to handle 10-15 new claims a day, alot of turn over and forget about having a clean desk because they give you new claims while on PTO so therefore you will never be able to catch up.
Pros
PTO and Benefits
Cons
Too many claims
Good Company, not as advanced in some areas
IT Project Management Advisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN2 April 2018
A typical is working with teams to deliver product. Overall the environment is pleasant and quiet. I enjoy doing activities that help make better claims for everyone.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
lack of growth
Hostle
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH2 April 2018
The work place was not good at all,the bosses would but on employees and if you didn’t do anything they would make your work time just horrible only reason why I know it happened to me
High turn over rate
Leave of Absence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA30 March 2018
There are perks but they are overshadowed by abusive management. Be prepared to be worked to death. Management is encouraged to overwork and mistreat workers. HR has been involved in complaints but nothing gets done. This seems to be a running theme with this company. The reviews you read are factual.
Pros
Insurance day 1, no weekends
Cons
Bad pay, hostile work environment, unattainable standards.
Good to place to work overall
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Work from home29 March 2018
The workplace culture of Sedgwick was generally good and my role allowed me to be in a fast-paced, ever-changing part of the company that kept me on my toes. I was sad to hear of upcoming layoffs that ultimately impacted my team and resulted in me separating with the company. If I could find another opportunity within the organization that fits my skills and needs, I would love to go back.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Executive Leadership is sometimes not transparent with the colleagues.
home/work balance is one sided
Sr. Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV28 March 2018
Very difficult to work in this environment; very stressful; poor management turnover is at 90% in 2 years. Poor choices in advancement of personnel.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
management is terrible
Micromanaged by Supervisors, no work life balance
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX27 March 2018
Micromanaged by Supervisors, work life balance is not extent. Local management is hard to work for, expected to work many, many hours with no benefit or thanks.
Company does not care about you as a person, only as a disposable assest
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IA27 March 2018
Long hours, little appreciation, does not hold low performers accountable.

Favoritism is a huge problem. Toxic culture.

The work is challenging and I enjoy what I do, however I work extremely long hours.
Benefits
Cons
Management and hours
A good place to learn and work
IT Systems Analyst Advisor Sedgwick CMS (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OH24 March 2018
I had a great time and learning experience at Sedgwick. The atmosphere was informal and relaxed, yet the work got done on time. Collaboration and team work are emphasized while individual growth is encouraged.
Only stayed for the PTO
Disability Representative (Former Employee) –  Ohio24 March 2018
Over worked, stressed to the point of tears, understaffed due to colleagues quitting consistently. Management will nitpick you to the point that you feel your always doing something wrong. Continuous gossiping between management, nothing told to managers in secrecy well stay that way. Closed door gossiping between managers and lead team can be heard by other colleagues outside of the managers offices. Rarely took lunches due to the amount of work that needed to be done. High School drama. Very poor training and don't bother asking for help because you'll be talked down to by your supervisor. CR is useless and incredibly unfair. Ridiculous accusations that were completely unsubstantiated caused the termination of more than employee in a matter of ten minutes. Only reason to stay with this company is because of the vacation time and even that's not worth the stress.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
Management is hateful and stuck up, drama, stress, no encouragement
Worst ins co ever
Sr. Claims adjuster/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FL24 March 2018
There is not one thing I can say that was great. The expectations from the top of management to the bottom, are unrealistic. Then they trickle all that down to the over worked and stressed out staff. Been in mgmt and as an adjuster, and there is no perks for either. You may be lucky in a good office but the expectations are the same all over. They need to change their upper management under the CEO, to get anyone to appreciate a good review because the current team is horrible. If someone leaves, the extra work is placed on you. The accounts change because someone complains and no defense for the worker..who is handling case loads over 180. Then with all the demands of the account and this employer, it’s ridiculous. Can’t get decent help because of mgmt rep all over, so those suffer internally. The have to recruit a college grad who looks at the money, then leaves because of the reality later hits, onto a better Co.
I would tell anyone to run away. When they were Sedgwick James was a lot better Co. Smaller, and appreciated the worker. How can you get awarded and reprimanded in the same day? Seen it, so what does that say.
Many times I had to cover desks because people would just walk out crying or mad because they were overworked. Forget getting a temp in to cover a desk to alleviate pressures on an already over worked team. Upper Mgmt only thinks about the bottom line dollar and not their employees. If it wasn’t for good supervisors they would never have people stay. They will lie right to your face with a big ol smile about anything. Run!
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
Everything work and mgmt
Slave yard
Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA21 March 2018
I worked for this company for 9 years. Management was horrible. The caseloads were not balanced out, you were overworked and under paid. Upper Management pretended to be on your side, but they were not, some gossiped beyond your back to the other employees, especially the ones they hung out with after hours.
Pros
working from home, pto
Cons
heavy caseloads
Poor Management
Worker's Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX18 March 2018
Could be a good place to work with a supportive management team. Sadly, that is not the environment in my particular office. After coming into the job with no prior experience in the field, I was moved up to a senior-level caseload within 8 months, with no additional training or information provided. I was given notice of the transition the day before it happened. There was no increase of salary or benefits to go with the increase in workload and responsibility, and I was not asked if I felt up to the task.
Pros
Generally laid-back work environment (jeans and collared shirts)
Cons
Poor management, expected to work additional hours with no overtime, no input in assignments
Stay away
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA18 March 2018
I have never worked for a company that is so unorganized. Our upper management came from an account that the company lost. In addition to poor upper mangement most of the team leads that we have now would be unfit to manage a Burger King.

Our jobs are continuously threatened and the goals are unrealistic.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Poor management-Reactive instead of being proactive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sedgwick Claims Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.