SECURTRUST PROTECTION Employee Reviews

Runaway
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
Terrible Pay, High Stress, Disorganized, must purchase uniforms, Toxic Work Environment, No Advancements, some guards are want-to-be authority fingers, Avoid!
Pros
Interview: Walk in “your hired”
Cons
Terrible Pay
Bad management and horrible hours
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2018
I worked for one shift and already do not like it, I was put in a vehicle with a very disgusting person who proceeded to do drugs with me in the car and then said if you tell anyone I’ll make your experience in the company hel, and I was promised full time hours but only get 4 hour shifts and just got fired because I can only do Tuesday to Thursday now.
Pros
Free games and concerts
Cons
Bad team members and bad management
Joke of a company
Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2018
Job Culture: Mostly fine co-workers, a few too many talking about getting high, pretty sure a few were high while at work.

Management: What a joke, they don't know how to schedule for the life of them and get upset when you can't do a shift with only 12 hours notice. Regularly sent to the wrong location or had too many guards scheduled for a location.

Job Security/Advancement: There is none, don't bother.

Salary/Benefits: No benefits, salary is just ever so slightly above minimum wage, they make you buy your own uniform.

Job Work/Life Balance: There is no balance, get ready to be all over the place, doing 10+ hour shifts on a moments notice. They treat you like you are on call but don't pay you as an on call employee.

I got terminated because I didn't answer my phone at 9 pm. I don't care who it is, I am not picking up my phone when I am getting ready for bed.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, little pay, no respect
fun place to work
Event Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2018
They are a good place to work. the team is great to work with. the only thing that they have trouble with are the hours. sometime there is alot of hours and but there can be a month with out alot of work
Pros
free food and water
Cons
not alot of hours
you get paid to show up
Events Security Officer - Special Events Floater (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
show up to a post and stay for a couple hours. You document your own hours and send it to whatever email they want you to send it to so make sure you keep track of all your hours.
Fun but must be humble
Security Guard/Bouncer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
long standing

put pressure on you while you have personal needs:

long shifts ( on your feet... all day long )

environment - work condition are brutal
Pros
own lunch
Cons
vacation pay
Not bad at all
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
If you like your job (security) and also like watching free concerts and also be a part of a family that has your back inn the workplace no matter what, then you are at the right place. I only wish we could be getting paid more decent..... Overall, not bad at all!!!
Pros
Free entrance in concerts and games
Cons
Poor pay, extremely long periods of standing up in one place
Fun AND enjoyable
Event Security Guard (Current Employee) –  toronto, ontario8 August 2017
I been with the company for over 7 years

I enjoy it, some of the holder staff is amazing to work with

we go anywhere in Ontario for events

to me its family
Worst security company to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
Unless you are a fan of being treated like nothing, and paid MINIMUM, then this is the place for you.

I worked 2 weeks for this company before I had enough of the missing pay, the bad management, and garbage work life this company offers.

A lot of the people who work for this company will say the same, but honestly at the end of the day, if you're desperate for money, then the choice is all yours.
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoyable working environment.
Escort violators off property (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Each day is never the same due to the rotation of different work venues and the type of event that we work.

I have learnt how to difuse conflicts, apply reasonable use of force and interact with different ethnic groups.
Pros
Enjoyable working environment
Cons
Not much room for growth
Never a dull Moment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Various6 March 2017
If you like a fast paced, high pressure edge of your seat work environment then Securtrust is definitely a company to consider. Between the concerts, music festivals and other exciting events around the city, Securtrust is a company for people who like the thrill and adrenaline rush that only the event industry can provide.
Pros
Free concerts and good staff
Cons
long hours, standing, may be too noisy for some
low pay, few hours, poor managment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
I worked only 4 hours shifts once or twice a week, but manager promised me full time when I got hired. They don't have any film sets, only bars. Pay is low supervisors are VERY RACIST. I quit and now I work for a good company, so very happy I left.
Pros
lots of free time not working
Cons
low pay, disorganized
productive and great team
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
typical day at work: you never knowing what ur day will be
what i learn: team effort
management: great, fair, caring
all cultures
hardest part of job: out in the cold
enjoyable: all different: events, team, from one extreme to the next
can be at TIFF next day electric island to movies, bar, festival
Pros
team work
Cons
pay rate
Starter Security Work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
A day on the job is simple, you will be working for events happening around Toronto securing any areas that doesn't allow public access and providing security to necessary posts you are placed in. You can be working hours up to 10-12 hours a day and will be standing for most of the time. Payment is $12.00 and after speaking with some people their pay has not went up, so I am assuming that, that is the payment they will be giving you the entire time you will be working there.
Cons
Long Hours
This Company dose event security only
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
if you like to work outside and walk around a lot and dont mind traveling to different parts of ontario this is a good company they pay above in wage and you work in different places all the time this is not full or part time just casual only managers are always on site as is the owner for more valued events
Pros
lots of out door events all over the place
Cons
not a full time job
Fun place to work, very interesting atmoshperes to work in.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2015
A typical day at this job can go from standing around doing asset protection and perimeter watch, to roaming at a festival breaking up fights, ejecting intoxicated individuals, and bringing people to emergency medical services. Then the next day you could be checking accreditation at a security checkpoint. Management could be a little more organized and the shifts could not only be more consistent; but also be given out a little bit earlier. The people there are a great group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job for me is taking people to emergency medical services, especially the kids that attend the festivals. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is hard to choose. The concerts are great, the moments where you get thanked for being good at what you do by not only the client, but sometimes the patrons as well. All in all though, it would have to be the public relations work that you get to do.
Pros
The jobs you get to work are just amazing; the concerts, the festival, all of them. Also, every so often, if you`re good at what you do; the venue might hook you up with a free concert every now and again.
Cons
The hours are all over place, and given out with very little heads up causing you to cancel plans such as social gatherings, family arrangements, and even doctors appointments.
Great gig to earn cash on the side
Event Security (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2015
Securtrust is a little different from most security companies in that it is quite informal in structure. You get notified about shifts via text message and/or phone call and/or on the spot before starting a shift. The management is a bit disorganized, and if you are a stickler for perfect order then don't apply. Coworkers are fun and laid back for the most part, but take their jobs seriously and you will be noted by both your teammates and management if you don't perform well on the job. Lots of flexibility if you are good, you will be given a hassle for any favours you ask for if you aren't good.
Pros
flexible scheduling, lots of hours available, casual atmosphere between coworkers, strict yet reasonable management
Cons
unpredictability regarding how much work available when, minor infractions could be punished severely at discretion of management
No advancement after almost 3 years of service!
security guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2013
Keep crowds under control at Events.I learned how to be more alert in certain situations.Management is very unorganized. Some co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time .The most enjoyable part was meeting alot of stars and being praised for good work .
Pros
free concerts and sometimes free food.
Cons
standing for long periods of time .