Securitas Employee Reviews

Very quick to judge people
Security Guard at Power Station (Current Employee) –  Coronach, SK22 May 2018
This company was one of the worst places that I have worked and would not recommend anyone to work there. They are quick to scream at you when you do not give them what they want.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 May 2018
Securitas was the worst security company to work for, they constantly messed up pay checks, they picked favorites to give overtime to while other guards struggled to get hours and they were known for several labour violations.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
Worked in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all incidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
Performed other duties as required.
Review
Guard/Secure Facility (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2018
A typical day at work I'm securing on site proper varies from food product to securing buildings that are under construction & weddings & other outside events.These places that are given to me on a daily basic requires full attention to details,proper communicating with customers and experience working with Microsoft word office. on a enjoyable day I'm more outside securing events that I'm scheduled for that way there's more communication in between events planner & guard on duty.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
$14 hrs
Will easily hire you but the job locations aren't that great
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 March 2018
Will easily hire you but the job locations aren't that great, you will likely end up working at a hospital emergency section. Pay is basically minimum wage. Shifts are long (12 hours) but the Breaks are paid.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Minimum Wage
Depth knowledge investigations
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2018
• Comprehend proficiently the mechanics of diverse types of emergency alarms and responded to them efficiently.
• Keep records and logs arranged in a systematic way for evidence, reference, and plan.
Difficult to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2018
This company is good if you want hours although sometimes there is a gap in training and ability that can be difficult to work around or with. There is slow response to harassment in this company at times as well.
Pros
Make your own hours.
Cons
Office hours are difficult if you work nights.
Environnement de travail avec beaucoup de pression
Spécialiste qualité et performance (Former Employee) –  Aéroport International Pierre-Élliot-Trudeau29 January 2018
la sécurité des gens est très importante. Il n'y a pas de place à l'erreur.
Pros
L'encadrement et la communication pour se diriger tous dans la même direction
Cons
la pression pour atteindre les objectifs
never as it seems
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tims Harbour, NL27 January 2018
this a security company. inn order for me to write an adequate review I would be in breach of confidentiality. this needs to be addressed. in order to job hunt we need to post reviews of our previous employers?
Good environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haute-Garonne22 January 2018
They taught me how to manage and organize the job applications and there was a good environment at work. They are very respectful and dedicated to the employees
Fast pace and hard work
Computer experience
Integrity
Software knowledge required
Outstanding Service
Pros
Sites and training
Cons
Long Hours
Environnement de travail agréable
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2017
Travailler en tant qu'agent de sécurité permet d'améliorer son esprit d'équipe
pretty bad tbh
Security Guard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
If you are willing to waste time and go nowhere in life this is the job for you. This is a job that is best for students, new immigrants and old people (or some combination of the three). Just beware that security experience isn't actually something that people respect. Just working here will tell you why,there are lots of people who don't know what they are doing, blatant favoritism and stupidity all around. Most of the competent guards have either quit or have been fired, or like me are slowly being pushed out and realizing what a massive waste of time this job has been.Don't ask me why I've been here so long, its an easy job to get complacent in. That is, until they start trying to take advantage of you. In some ways, I'm actually grateful for the wake-up call. Now I'm ready to go.
Pros
lots of hours, easy work (at the right site)
Cons
bad management, low pay, won't let you take sick days or holiday, high turnover rates, hard work (at some sites)
Typical Security Gig
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2017
Securitas is a typical Security Company. Works not bad, had a good salary working at the Court House, 12 hour shifts, 4 on 4 off then 3 on 3 off. Job was easy.
Pros
Good salary, easy job
Cons
Long hours, disorganized management
See Below
MOBILE SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 November 2017
one of my first real jobs ever. This mobile position gave me the opportunity to be responsible and detailed oriented. This job tought me so much responsibility and gave me a great sense of pride. I would do it again.I enjoyed travelling around my patrol area, helping my teammates, getting the job done and being professional. Securitas was so good to me.
Pros
Ability to work in all evironments. perimeter and interior patrols. alarm response.
Sercuity Guard
Guard (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2017
It was an easy job but quite boring, being alone for 12 hour shifts wasn't my cup of tea but all in all it was a good job to have well in school. Gave you a quite place to study in between patrols
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Low wage
Entreprise en évolution
réceptionniste et agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Luxemburg, ON6 November 2017
- Contrôle d’accès
- Réception et accueil des clients dans les locaux de SECURITAS
- Faire la prise de poste des agents sur le terrain
- Réception des appels téléphoniques, message et rendez-vous
- Service d’accompagnement privée et protection rapproché
Pros
Les collègues
Cons
Pas de chèque repas
enjoyed my time
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 October 2017
Securitas was my co-op placement which became a part time job. I enjoyed working with my team members. Did not get to know the office workers as much because I only had one placement and had a supervisor to deal with on daily basis.
Pros
team members
screening officer
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax Airport25 August 2017
Great start pay and great benefits. you are given excellent training on multiple levels. there are chances for advancement and its a stable job. shift work. 24/7.
Simple
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 August 2017
Was very easy being a guard at the Brunswick Square Mall. Nothing untoward ever happened there. Quite boring as a matter of fact as guards are not allowed to speak with anyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K