Securitas
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 690 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,981 reviews

Securitas is a good place to work although their pay is poor. The management at the centre is good also. I will recommend the company to anyone to work at the company

Pros

Depending on your job site there is no free lunch

Cons

Yes, there is opportunity for overtime

Learning Atmosphere

A great company to start with Security Job. Management is Very supportive and some great sites to offer work. Pay is according to the duties at Site.

Increase pay so people can stay for long time

Immediately need to enhance pay from $15.65 hrs as it is just minimum pay of province. No difference between qualified / non qualified person. Schedule & pay management culture should be improved . Some people get shift at the moment when they on other site so some remains uncovered. Pay stub doesn’t shows total hrs of guard. Give kind attention pl

Pros

Need of hour

Cons

Some people like it

Minimum wage

For profit company. No help from managers. Everyone thinks screwing over others makes them better or more deserving for a paycheck. Only work for them if you have to.

Pros

Steelworkers union protection

Cons

No company assistance

Environnement de travail productif

Ambiance plutôt bonne avec des officiers d’assignation et répartiteurs compréhensifs

Pros

Flexibilité

Cons

Manque de stabilité

Dont work here

The only good thing about this place was my co workers well most of them, some nasty ones but what workplace doesn't have that. Most Management garbage only about 3 out of 8 were decent. Most of the managers could only find negative things never any positive. HR useless, scheduling useless. I've never worked at a job where I couldn't book a day off even if it's important I'm on my own. Get in trouble for calling in for a medical appointment . Never anything positive it was a negative place to work no wonder I left when I did. I do not recommend anyone to work here stay clear of this place

Pros

Pay most of the co workers were ok to work eith

Cons

Negative people including most management poorly run company

It's a nice place to work, the management is reasonable, reliable and dependable. They have a lot of good sites to work at which are not too stressful

Plusieurs problèmes de salaire

Il faut que tu gosses vraiment beaucoup pour avoir ton salaire qui arrive toujours en retard comme ma première paie j'ai dû attendre 5 semaines pour l'avoir. La 2e fois faute de l'officier d'assignation qui a mal rentré les heures et que j'ai dû y attendre 1 semaine après la réception de paie de tous les employeurs pour l'avoir. La 3e fois faute encore de l'officier qui a mal rentré les heures et que la 2e et 3e fois ma fiche de paie affichait pas d'heures travaillés alors que la 3e paie je devais recevoir ma paie de 52H + le 40h donc 92H de travail et d'acharnement avec les employés et l'employeur pour à la fin ne rien recevoir.

Pros

Travail non physique

Cons

Salaire + ambiance travail

Security Officer

Management was difficult. They failed to communicate or to follow up on requests such as extra orientation, providing interviews at sites, failure to adjust missing pay amounts. The schedulers can be rude with you or very nice to you at certain times. Sometimes they do not return e-mails.

Pros

Many sites to work at

Cons

Low pay, many difficult sites with extended standing or patrols.

Some sites aren't terrible

Some sites may be better than others. If you can get on a site where their payroll is run from head office then you should be good but some of their sites do independent payroll and that's where you run into a ton of errors and your paychecks are rarely correct so you end up checking them every single pay period to make sure your not missing hours.

Pros

General security experience

Cons

Pay issues, consistent management turnover

Environnement de travail correct

Très difficile de grandir dans l’entreprise, l’uniforme devrait être de meilleur qualité,

Pros

Je travail à temps plein

Cons

Mon officier de contrat est totalement incompétent

Good if you’re already retired

Pay is a joke. You have to check your pay stubs regularly to ensure you’re getting the correct amount. Most postings are also a joke. Either standing or sitting for 8 hours, not securing anything. The company is very underhanded, can’t even submit correct hours to the union to get benefits. And less that 16/hour is not enough to get by on, unless you’re living with someone else rent-free. They’re disorganized and have no idea what they’re doing.

Cons

Insulting, Tense working environment where client abuses are normal

Favouritism at its best. All good minimum work well paid jobs for non coloured persons . Mostly minimum wage jobs with load of works. Very ill mannered branch managers and rude schedule managers. No effective complaints resolution systems.clients are kings and Harrassment is normal

Pros

Free uniforms

Cons

Minimum wage with worse working environment

fun place to work and customer services improvement

As a security officer i work within hundreds of employees so it<s a fun place to work . also we gain great experience in customer services and dealing with unfamiliar situations .

Pros

salary, pension and advancement opportunity, and flexibility

Cons

schedules sometimes are not flixible.

Good for career start

No advancement at all but still a good start to the career... the only benefit is the union ... Management is average and work culture is also fine...

It's a job

Kinda Meh about this place.What you get for a job here depends on the site, whom you're working with and whom you're working under. The process for getting hired is slightly out of proportion to the actual job requiredSome of the sites I worked at were great, some were not. Some of the employees I worked with were great some were not.Overall I'd work for these guys with the caveat that if you get a bad site, client or fellow employees getting out of there will likely be left to you as getting a new site may take some time Ultimately this is a corporation and they act like one.

Pros

They usually have regular work if you need it

Cons

Constantly changing management leads to poor communication

Excellent job experience

By working for Securitas Canada, I had the opportunity to work in different sites, and I also had contact with nice and helpful co-workers. I had a very professional, fantastic human being and collaborative scheduling manager.I absolutely have good memories of this company. I only left Securitas because I moved to another city that doesn’t have Securitas Canada; even so, I sent my resume to Securitas at the nearest city in NS.I only had good experiences in my job at Securitas Canada.

Pros

Amazing workgroup

Productive and nice team work

I had a good experience working for Securitas Canada. My ex-scheduling manager is an amazing person, and he is an excellent professional. My colleagues were also nice; we had a good relationship.

Pros

I learned a lot

Don’t work here unless you’re prepared to have your soul sucked from you

Save yourself from ever becoming involved with this company. So mismanaged, such poor morale.. the company doesn’t care about their employees and your compensation will prove as much. The most disorganized mismanaged company I’ve ever seen, especially given its global size.

Pros

They’ll likely hire you because they’re always desperate for staff

Cons

Endless

Yikes.

Just. Don’t. It seems like it would be good on a firefighters resume, it is not worth it. There are virtually no emergencies and the coworkers are all discouraged fire department hopefuls. The management are all hopeful to move on to another role in another company. Nobody can leave fast enough.

Cons

Long hours, perpetually angry coworkers, no clear job training

I enjoyed to work there. I learn too many things from them.

I got hired in securitas within 2 weeks process. I got my training schedule. Securitas payrate is good but it depends on site like how much difficult or easy our job is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5K