Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 304 reviews matching the search See all 14,887 reviews
Too new to actually say much
Casual/Part time (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2019
I am waiting for a full time position to open up; i am working as a Casual/Part time employment until a full time position opens up. I have not met too many folks who work here as of yet;
Pros
don't know much - too new
Cons
don't know much - too new
job with too much on the go
Daytime Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2019
Not enough training, too many people in the company with very little supervision. Expectations are too high and not enough time to get to locations within a day. Overall not a fan of this company.
avec beaucoup davantages sociaux
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Vogüé (07)17 December 2018
cest une compagnie que jaime beaucoup on a un bon traitement les heures sont flexible et avec beaucoup davantages sociaux
Pros
agreable
Cons
jai pas vu
Stupid and worst place to apply at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 December 2018
This company is so dumb and unorganized. Do not apply here! I repeat do not apply here. There are much better companies to work for than this place. Their hiring process is discriminatory and racist.
Warning!
Field supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 November 2018
Securitas Windsor branch was not an impressive place to work. If you are hired full time, be warned you will likely be put on an on call status. You're expected to wait around for calls to go to work. If you are unable to work a shift when you're called, it is held against you and marked as "refused shift" on your file.

Guard safety is not even a consideration.

You will work days, afternoons and Midnight's all in the same week.

You'll be lucky to reach full time hours. If you do, it will most likely be at multiple locations, without a steady schedule. Your personal life outside of work is not a consideration in the least.

Some sites are told they are not allowed to take breaks (this includes 12 hour shifts in some cases)

95% of the work is minimum wage. In some cases the risk outweighs the pay.

Guards from Windsor branch are expected to drive to Chatham in your own vehicle, for minimum wage jobs. Again if you refuse, it's held against you.

I had a very negative experience with securitas. Be warned.
Pros
Guard staff are very friendly and helpful
Cons
Poorly run branch. Low wages. Mostly on call work. Promises made, but not kept. If you cannot work when called, it's held against you
Not worth while..
Guard (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 November 2018
Dont waste your time if your have some dignity
If you want a paycheck apply else where for the work they make you do they pay minimum wage. Again not worth while. Management is ridiculous. Employees are rediculous.
Cons
Job
always in demand
Licensed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2018
New and interesting job sites, always in demand. hours and wage depend on experience. most of the sites I worked offered on the job training. attention to detail a must
Pros
great wage
Cons
Not a worthwhile company to work for
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
Going by my experience with the company over the eleven month period I was there, I would say that the branch managers and scheduling managers don't care about their employees, nor do they know how to do their jobs properly, furthermore the pay is minimum wage. On many occasions I asked for a change in my shift start and for the most part was ignored or my start time was only temporarily changed, only to be changed back again. When I next asked for a change of site my request was ignored, then when I gave my two weeks notice, once again I was ignored, not until the very last minute did they ask that I stay, but this was only because they had no one to replace me at that time. Then the moment they did have a replacement for me they simply stopped scheduling me, but didn't tell me until the second last day of my employment.
Wasn't bad.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2018
Management was difficult to deal with.
Shifts weren't consecutive.
Leave you alone after a week or two and expect you took in what you were trained on that specific site.
Turning shifts called upon were frowned against.
Pros
Working the court house
Cons
Hours were everywhere
Horrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 October 2018
Run far away your best off starting some where else there is no management in regina, sk it is all run from manitoba
Where the people well not pay you hours worked you will argue with them so they can threatens to terminate your employment poor hours they expect casuals to except shifts if you do not you won't be working for a week or so they violate human rights violations for hours worked more then 12 hours because they can't find guards on time and well try double book you made me do 16 hour shifts
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Minimum pay, rights violations, missed hours they wont pay

Want to know more about Securitas?

Ask a question
No negatives in my opinion.
Agent de Sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2018
Great bosses, very considerate and respectful.
Only positive to say about them so far!
Flexible with hours, many hours to give, very fair good salary and benefits.
Large ad professional company.
corporate security officer in IBM Canada LTD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
As a large company they have lots of large and expensive contracts, however, I believe like any other major service provider have lots of challenges to meet the cient's expectations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours of work
Pretty good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 October 2018
Pretty good you get a site you're left alone.
Great to work for in ontario where its unionized but totally sucks in nova scotia. Im trying to get the union in in nova scotia
Benefits
Good and bad
Security Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 September 2018
I moved up quick within the company. The unionized employees are spoiled and get whatever they want. Company goes against the CBA which makes zero sense.
Pros
greay salary, benefits, vacation
Cons
long hours, boss is never available, union brats
Gaining Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  805 rockwool, milton8 September 2018
Good Culture And co-operative staff. learnt number of things by having this job and have good experience at that site. Pay on time and provides support and understand you and appreciate for your work you did.
Its okay.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2018
First of all uniforms are free, it doesn't matter how many pairs one might actually need all along - completely free. Dealing with customers and management must not be taken personal.
Reiew SUmmary
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
pROFESSIONAL WORK. Never become a floater guard though, you will be thrown around, HR is understanding of schedule though, which makes the work experience easier.
Good pay but difficult work/life balance
Pre-board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 August 2018
Securitas pays well and is unionized so you do have job security. Schedule’s are not done well. The hours are difficult and change often. Very difficult to balance work/life when your hours are inconsistent. I enjoyed the work but the hours were difficult to manage.
Pros
Benefits, Unionize
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Management lacking
Lower your standards if you want to work here
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 August 2018
Worst company I have worked with yet. Training requirements are not met or maintained so you are forced to work without many valid certifications and you will be passed over on advancements because of it. Training is done "in house" and you will not receive recognition certifications in paper form for your personal records. Wages are still being paid out like it's 2010 and the benefits are the worst out there. Scheduling does not respond to emails in a timely manner or at all. Company adversities as a "union environment" but will cut corners any chance they get. Expect payroll errors on a regular basis. Good luck finding steady hours if your not at a permanent site. Management encourages poor work ethic by allowing staff to continually under perform without fear of reprimand. Good work environment for the slacker. Moral is low among staff and supervisors at every location that I have been to with them all complaining about these same things.
Pros
Get away with not doing your job and working without little to no supervision
Cons
Low wages, terrible benefits, no job security
Good for students
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS11 August 2018
Screening officer position is good for students as starting pay is just over $20 an hour. The company lacks work/life balance, and is willing to work their employees till they drain out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K