Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 251 reviews matching the search See all 9,612 reviews
Not a worthwhile company to work for
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
Going by my experience with the company over the eleven month period I was there, I would say that the branch managers and scheduling managers don't care about their employees, nor do they know how to do their jobs properly, furthermore the pay is minimum wage. On many occasions I asked for a change in my shift start and for the most part was ignored or my start time was only temporarily changed, only to be changed back again. When I next asked for a change of site my request was ignored, then when I gave my two weeks notice, once again I was ignored, not until the very last minute did they ask that I stay, but this was only because they had no one to replace me at that time. Then the moment they did have a replacement for me they simply stopped scheduling me, but didn't tell me until the second last day of my employment.
No negatives in my opinion.
Agent de Sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2018
Great bosses, very considerate and respectful.
Only positive to say about them so far!
Flexible with hours, many hours to give, very fair good salary and benefits.
Pretty good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 October 2018
Pretty good you get a site you're left alone.
Great to work for in ontario where its unionized but totally sucks in nova scotia. Im trying to get the union in in nova scotia
Benefits
Good and bad
Security Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 September 2018
I moved up quick within the company. The unionized employees are spoiled and get whatever they want. Company goes against the CBA which makes zero sense.
Pros
greay salary, benefits, vacation
Cons
long hours, boss is never available, union brats
Gaining Experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  805 rockwool, milton8 September 2018
Good Culture And co-operative staff. learnt number of things by having this job and have good experience at that site. Pay on time and provides support and understand you and appreciate for your work you did.
Its okay.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2018
First of all uniforms are free, it doesn't matter how many pairs one might actually need all along - completely free. Dealing with customers and management must not be taken personal.
Reiew SUmmary
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
pROFESSIONAL WORK. Never become a floater guard though, you will be thrown around, HR is understanding of schedule though, which makes the work experience easier.
Good pay but difficult work/life balance
Pre-board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 August 2018
Securitas pays well and is unionized so you do have job security. Schedule’s are not done well. The hours are difficult and change often. Very difficult to balance work/life when your hours are inconsistent. I enjoyed the work but the hours were difficult to manage.
Pros
Benefits, Unionize
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Management lacking
Good for students
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS11 August 2018
Screening officer position is good for students as starting pay is just over $20 an hour. The company lacks work/life balance, and is willing to work their employees till they drain out.
Many opportunities and flexible schedules
Lead Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
Work with a steady Schedule 8 hours 5 days a week is as good as you'll want it to get.

Be aware of how much you're being paid on what's expected and required of you regarding post duties.

Always know what you're getting paid at sites and keep an eye on your pay.

Managment can be really hard to deal with resulting in a lack of respect and dedication to its employees.

You always meet and work with good guards from time to time with a varied number of different sites as an opportunity to choose from.

The hardest part is getting a decent steady schedule with respectable pay and having to deal with Managment and Union when issues of pay and work arise.
Work 7 days/24 hrs depending on where shifts were
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2018
Providing protection to client property and staff. The shifts could be anytime of the day and included weekends, I had to work every weekend at one site;
Boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 July 2018
I was security guard at the mall. Had to work by myself. All I had to do was walk around and ensure that nothing untoward took place. The mall was a secure place so nothing ever happened
Schedule are bad
Agent de contrôle (Former Employee) –  Val-d'Or, QC14 July 2018
supervisor think they are the boss and deserve everything and new employees should get all the bad things.
working from 6am to 11am then 4pm to 10h30pm then you get a 5hours night before going back to work...
a lot of free time on the job so you can train / eat / sleep or whatever
Not great things
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
Office politics, favourites, nosy management, high turnover, not a secure job, shifts suck, long 12 hour shifts, power struggles. Avoid this place if you can.
Good company to grow with.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London24 June 2018
Decent salary decent job culture and environment. lot to learn and flexible time. great company to work with. learned and progressed a lot. professional people and professional attitude.
job security and flexibility
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 June 2018
The job offers job security and flexibility, good for students. Self-sufficient, a lot of responsibilities and aspects to manage for an entry operational management position.
Good company with good wages
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 May 2018
A very good company with competitive wages and very good training. Satisfactory management. The hardest part of the job is not always getting enough hours.
Very quick to judge people
Security Guard at Power Station (Current Employee) –  Coronach, SK22 May 2018
This company was one of the worst places that I have worked and would not recommend anyone to work there. They are quick to scream at you when you do not give them what they want.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
Good sites
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 May 2018
Not at all good in their management sskills, zero management.
awesome, It`s a fun as driving passion and enhancing with sharing of knowledge is the biggest thing we can do.
It creates an opportunity for future goals.
Hardest part is when no ones listen
Enjoyable part is the teaching
Pros
all is good
Cons
nothing is bad
Bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 May 2018
Securitas was the worst security company to work for, they constantly messed up pay checks, they picked favorites to give overtime to while other guards struggled to get hours and they were known for several labour violations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K