Securitas
Coronavirus update
Information from Securitas:

Securitas Employee Reviews

Canada621 reviews
Pay rate and management is worst
They don’t have manners to talk with employee. Their behaviour is very good and they are not very helpful moreover the people work there they always try to put each other down
Friendly enviornment at work as well as team is too good and helpful.
I didn't find any typical day. Overall my experience with this job is enjoyable with the great experiences. Management at job place is friendly. No discrimination. The hardest part is when you reach for shift and sometimes shifts get canceled but no problem from that because than also you get paid for minimum hours.
There are a lot of things wrong with this company.
This company has been on the decline for years, and I'm glad that I'm with another security company now.

On a site of approximately 8-10 guards, Securitas screwed up at least one of our pays every single pay period. If you asked for your vacation pay, you'd have to fight to get it and would often be trying to get it for 2-3 pay cycles.

Because they had so many open sites when I worked for them for years, they'd call you ALL THE TIME about trying to work. I was quite literally drunk at an outing at a restaurant once when they called me and they still wanted me to work, because saying "no" usually wasn't an option with some of the people they had working the scheduling over the years. Fortunately if you'd say no enough, they'd just stop asking you altogether to ever fill in anywhere.

Management is good and I really liked our regional manager, but the rest of the office seemed inept with hours not being communicated properly, people who had been with the company for years randomly not being paid at all (and then taking up to two weeks for them to "cut a cheque", why even bother if it takes two weeks?).

Before I had a full time site, they worked me to the bone. I once had to work an 18 hour shift at an apartment building, and when the mobile supervisor picked me up to drive me home, he told me that I had to go work somewhere else for 8 hours because they had nobody else to do it. I told him I couldn't and that I needed sleep, but he said they had NOBODY else. I got dumped at the site and fell asleep accidentally for almost the entire shift because I was so tired. No
 - more...
Good sites with nice employees and environment
All the sites provided by securitas was very good and convenient for me. All the supervisors and scheduling manager were very co operative. regular and good wages were provided.
Security Officer
I will only speak the truth and will not add or lie about any information. Securitas Winnipeg they'll treat their employees like garbage. There's no fair pay and you guys could contact anyone who's recently working with Securitas in Winnipeg especially minorities. They steal employee wages and bucket it. I was at a busy site working at the University of Winnipeg. I was permanent on-site and never ever complained and I was working daily also covered so many shifts when they had no one and I was not paid fairly still. Their management is very terrible only looks after themselves.
Good times and challenges in a variety of diverse environments.
I started with Securitas Canada years back. During my time, I had the privilege to work with many managers, clients and employees. From the field to the corporate office, my experiences prepared me for other business ventures. Securitas is a solid learning ground!
Worst security company out there!!!!
The schedulers don’t care about you!!!!! They will never answer the phone about pay, to confront them about anything but expect to answer your phone at 11pm asking for you to be at work at 5am the next day. They without hesitation will give your job to someone else and will try to cover up the paper work to not get them in trouble. They will no doubt full out lie to the union to save their butt, not worth it for starting minimum wage. The schedule sucks and you have no life balance because you work days and nights 12 hour shifts which alternate from week to week.
Please if you can avoid this company as I’m now dealing with the union and a big mess because they just lie lie lie!! And Securitas I hope you’re reading this cause you know EXACTLY who it is.
a well working place
from the beginning, i feel very comfortable working with schedulers and other employees.they gave me relax-able schedules and working hours, and i surely recommend my friends for this company.
BAD Management and wasting time
I worked there from end of 2017 till end of 2018 .. i served in so sensitive places ... so while renewing or changing the location for new position . the mangers in that time asked me to drop my files and forms because he isn't available in that day.. i did and after 1 month they stoped me to work because they miss the info with the government and by the end they said ohh we didn't receive it and they begin saying their stupid things which effect my job and they are carless !!!
Fast paced, and garranteed hours of work, so long as you are willing.
The site that I worked at was extremely busy, from the moment I arrived on sit at 0645 hrs, until at least 1300 hrs, it was non-stop running. I was lucky to have had experience in that type of atmosphere, or else I would not have been able to handle the demand of that site.
Over all its good experience so far .
Its good experience to work with securitas.although i am new but after interview good start and hope fully soon get permanent. Good job site enjoyble work with out stress .good helpful managment.learning day by day.
Good experience
The company is very accommodating to the work schedule you require. They are understanding of your school schedule or your other job and really work with you to help you become successful.
Unprofessional, low, mean inefficient people.
Like all other security companies; this company too go on hiring to build it's inventory of persons, just in case they find a sudden contract! In the initial years, no guaranteed or regular schedule. Assignment on a construction site is one of the worst assignment with no proper toilet or drinking water facilities. Many sites "require" duty standing only, sitting not permitted! Many sites don't allow guards to come inside even during harsh winter; they argue that guards have been provided with "heavy duty jackets" and they are provided 30 minutes break for an eight hour shift! All security companies are inhuman, are worst than the rearrest of the rare kind of criminals!
The worst security company by far
By far the worst security company in all of London, they have absolutely no full time jobs that are permanent and stable, every single job is temporary and they give you absolutely zero notice of the job ending until the day of. I was with them for 3 years and they never had a full time permanent placing once, all part time temporary floater work. The management is just as bad, they don’t care about anyone
Good for first time jobs, or people interested in building maintenance.
It was generally a good place to work for.
They had a lot of different sites to work at and gain experience.

Meet with lots of different people from different careers.

Good physical demand on most sites.
Securitas management is very friendly and co-operative.
It’s a very good company for whom wants to start their career in security. They are very focus on the job hour and site distribution for the guards. Communication is also helpful.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Wages are same at every site.
responsable et sécuritaire
Y éyant engagé depuis 6 1/2 années je peux vous dire qu'il y a plusieurs tâche4s différentes selon le désir de vouloir offrir un bon service et savoir être disponible. Au début vous êtes sur appel alors il est très important de savoir dire 'oui' lorsque vous recevez des appels et plus le temps avance plus vous vous montrez disponible et serviable plus vos chances d'être assigné à un contrat avancent, à moins d'être chanceux et d'être assigné à un contrat dès votre départ...
Not referring
Very lousy company to work for..underpaid if you are lucky to get the pay you earn and overworked to the extreme. Would not recommend for anyone to work for this company.
gros manque de comunication
on connais pas nos employeur car il vienne que 1 fois par ans et gros manque de communication!
Securitas
it was okay, pay was decent, could be higher because shifts were late, I worked late shifts sometimes till 3 am and the pay was a little less than what i hoped for.
securitas
securitas is a good company where we are work in a friendly environment that is good for fresher in that field. Moreover supervisor is a nice trainer .
Pros
Cons
sometimes we stuck in traffic