Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 4,531 reviews
Horrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 October 2018
Run far away your best off starting some where else there is no management in regina, sk it is all run from manitoba
Where the people well not pay you hours worked you will argue with them so they can threatens to terminate your employment poor hours they expect casuals to except shifts if you do not you won't be working for a week or so they violate human rights violations for hours worked more then 12 hours because they can't find guards on time and well try double book you made me do 16 hour shifts
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Minimum pay, rights violations, missed hours they wont pay
Lower your standards if you want to work here
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 August 2018
Worst company I have worked with yet. Training requirements are not met or maintained so you are forced to work without many valid certifications and you will be passed over on advancements because of it. Training is done "in house" and you will not receive recognition certifications in paper form for your personal records. Wages are still being paid out like it's 2010 and the benefits are the worst out there. Scheduling does not respond to emails in a timely manner or at all. Company adversities as a "union environment" but will cut corners any chance they get. Expect payroll errors on a regular basis. Good luck finding steady hours if your not at a permanent site. Management encourages poor work ethic by allowing staff to continually under perform without fear of reprimand. Good work environment for the slacker. Moral is low among staff and supervisors at every location that I have been to with them all complaining about these same things.
Pros
Get away with not doing your job and working without little to no supervision
Cons
Low wages, terrible benefits, no job security
Desk and patrol officers
LPO & desk officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
Basically I worked graveyard shift and I was in charge of noticing inperfections within the facility, completing incident reports if needed, check various valves and pressures, make sure the exits and facility is secured and locked. As a desk officer I was in charge of monitoring cameras, answering and taking messaging on th phone, activating and deactivating badges, and escorting unwanted person off the property.
Pros
You oversee everything
Cons
Not that exciting
Summary review
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2018
I was trying out new areas to get different experience. Once doing it for over 6 months, it is no really a learning job. This is a job if you just want to coast and sit back. It has great benefits but salary and advancement or even a permeant position is very hard to get.
Pros
Good job if you want to coast
Cons
no advancement no full time positions
security oversight
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
this compagnie has the highest stantard of work and is the best pay rate an employee can receive for safe work and gaining experience while doing a job where you are treated like a human being
Pros
easy work
Cons
One of the very good places to work in Canada
Administrative and Mobile Officer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 January 2018
it's a very nice place to work and grow a career.
It's a place for all those who are ready and hard working.
Securitas has almost all of its processes and structures premised on the principle of high integrity and helpfulness.
great company
Patrol, escort contractors (Former Employee) –  Hull, QC7 December 2017
had lots of fun for one of my first jobs in security they were great staff. Only reason why i left was because they had lost the contract where i was and really wanted to stay at that site and paid more.
Pros
all possitive
Cons
no cons when i was there
great coworkers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Rocanville, SK22 November 2017
this is one of those jobs that can be a joy to go to when you are working with friendly and knowledgeable coworkers, and frustrating when you arent. Fortunately for me I was regularly paired with great folks who made the job easy.
Pros
downtime, joking around with coworkers
Cons
night shifts, some very boring duties like watching monitors
No career advancement
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
No career advancement. Poor management decision making. Scheduling is very bad that's why people opted to quit their jobs here. And if you don't follow what the management wants they will find a way to fire you.
a company good to work
Security officer/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2017
A company known for it's services. a company good to work with.one of the best security company, makes the employees pround.

Efficient and excellent client services.
Pros
good environment, supporting management
Cons
as such nothing negative
Great leadership
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK8 August 2017
Great leadership - treated me well- western Canada good avp. supportive - would go back - good benefits - staff good - great security programs - needs more training for managers
Don't expect regular pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick4 August 2017
In working for this company, don't expect to be paid on time regularly, or to receive a complete pay check. Been with the company almost 4 months, and have had pay messed up more than twice. Has taken up to two weeks for them to correct an error of more than $1,000 on my payroll. Meanwhile, rent and other bills were left unpaid because of their mess-up. And in the end, was made to feel like it was my fault that THEY messed up on my pay.

Ground level management is amazing. Very supportive, understanding, and is right there doing the job with you. Upper management is clueless and would rather please the client than to stand up for their employees; even when the employee is the one in the right.
Pros
Ground level management
Cons
Pay, Upper Management, Payroll Dept, Benefits
Great company
Security (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2017
Great company to work for. Great environment. I secured a chemical plant .I learned customer service and great patience . The hardest part of the job was patrol because it was working alone in the wilderness night shift using only radio contact. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other staff day shift .
currently working here with
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 May 2017
in look for working with some bigger firms in future where i can show my experience and skills in better way. It was good to be part of this firm. Looking forward to be part of some other companies
productive and gain experience
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
I have learned a lot from the company. Especially the positions that i filled. i worked in office buildings for some time. Moreover, I worked as a concierge doing desk work and patrols in Cadburry chocolate factory.
very diverse working environment.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 May 2017
great environment to work in. learn and meet new people everyday. great co-workers and a very fulfilling, complimented by its great benefit packages .
Wonderful company
Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 May 2017
I worked for Securitas and was unfortunately switched to another company when the site I worked at changed security providers. Securitas management, scheduling and HR treated me with respect and always put my needs first. The pay wasn't great and the benefits were ok but at least they were always there for me when I had any concerns that needed to be addressed. Securitas was probably the best company I have worked for in my 16+ years experienc in the security industry. Free uniforms and paid training!
Pros
Free uniforms, paid training, lots of hours, flexible
Cons
Nights, weekends, holidays
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 April 2017
Starts moring activity always starts with positive note from supervisor. It leads us to perform better on almost all on list Securitas sites. Other than work site Securitas management always boots our capabilities with offering free refresher courses at sites or at main office,
Pros
30 minutes Lunch break.
Relaxed hours
Security guard (Current Employee) –  toronto4 April 2017
Relaxed and flexible company to fit hours of work wherever you have time. Sites are pretty simple and good training is offered at every new site to you.
working and be active all the time.
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
I would like to work any day except Friday or Friday morning.I always learn something from my jobs depending on what kind is.Some work is fun when i'm working with good co-workers.Sometimes they gives a hard time due to environment or management or co-workers.The most enjoyable part of the job is PAY DAY (don't laugh) and when the leaders are very friendly people.
Pros
makes active and productive person.
Cons
makes a tired and nervouse sometimes specially busy times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K