Securitas Canada Pay & Benefits reviews

Think twice before you join Cambridge mobile
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 November 2018
Joined this company in the month of June, submitted resignation in sept, 18. With this company you will hit more than 350 Km per shift with a regular wage of 15$.
Even guard make more than mobile with less responsibilities, no driving risk and less hassle. Increment in salary won’t take place and that’s the reason you will also see one recent posting on indeed.
Also if you take your concerns with mobile manager or supervisor they will just end with the conversation saying nothing can be done as everything is decided by Toronto main man. He is smart, his own guys make more than 16 but in Cambridge mobile staff is left with a same wage, giving a non logical statement “ Cambridge KW is a small area to serve.

So I would say be a field supervisor atleast you will make more than 16 you just need to park your mobile car and have a slice of pizza inside the site. Hence less travelling, less work.

Also, you will be kicked out once they have proper staff even with small mistakes.

So think before you join. Hope this will help you while deciding a career in security
Pros
Cons
Less wage more running on road
Terrible company to work for
Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa region18 November 2018
Struggle to get even basic uniforms for the site, they dont even provide jackets for people who have outside patrols and they have had 7 month to get them.
Pros
Cons
Management and pay
Joke
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 November 2018
I worked 2 shifts for this company in total that amounted to 20 hours of work. Apparently they are so bad at math that I was short 6.5 hours on my pay. The first shift I worked, employees complained about missing hours on multiple occasions. Something shady going on here.
Pros
Cons
donated my own time to orientation without pay, missing hours on pay, treated as a sub-human
Reputable and respectable company
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2018
Overall very good company to work for. Unionized, good benefits, free uniform, responsive and caring management. Tons of over time opportunity and advancement
Pros
Free uniforms, training, promotions, opportunities
Cons
It was fun at first being a new person to security, but after a little the pay was the worst.
Security Guard / LGF (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
They have a hard time filling posts, especially at the US Embassy always low staff always a saftey concern. Pay was alot less then what we should be getting. Since liability and life saftey was always at risk. Definitely dont work for this company unless ur new to security to build ur resume and go somewhere else.
Pros
Free parkjng downtown.
Cons
Bad pay, long hours, lots of liability.
Job is not what they lead it to
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area12 June 2018
This job is not what it seems, they pay you per response, there is no minimum wage or income guarantee, you get sent to a call and spend 3 hours there waiting for police or property supervisor to show up you are still only paid the basic response fee which is still well below minimum wage for even one hour, you get no vacation unless you book it off and they don't pay you for it and they wont even allow that in the first calendar year. They are always looking for people because no one stays when they realize how bad they are being paid and how poorly they are being taken advantage of.

You would honestly be better off working for minimum wage just about anywhere.

So to sum it up. paid by response, regardless of how long you are there, its not a salary job or paid by hour, there are no benefits or vacation, i honestly don't understand how its even legal in Canada

Beware this Company and job
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
Paid by response, no job security or guarantee of income
for univercity and retirery
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2018
spend most of your time waiting for your shift to finish and actually doing security. Job is perfect is your in university or a bored elderly person in retirement but outside of these criteria nothing worth mentioning. pay is low and company low ball its employee and contract holder.contract holder is paying for 35/hr per security officer. Securitas will take as much until minimum wage is met.
when i started that was 10/hr and they found it odd they employee felt over work for the amount they were paying
Pros
lots of free time for homework and studing for exam
Cons
hires many immigrant s and FOTB to get away with poor management and pay
Mostly good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2017
No significant issues with Securitas. Paychecks and hourly rate is as stated on the phone. Reliable and pays better than other security companies. Provides jackets and equipment for job sites
It has benefits but that's about it
Daytime guard, access control (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 December 2017
If you get into a site that didn't require talking or dealing with the office much you'll have more patience. However the sheer lack of organization, logic and sense shown but the scheduling staff is astounding. Very little care is given to client needs and even less care is given to Securitas employees.
Pros
benefits through Manulife
Cons
poor scheduling and communication
Good Workplaces to improve job skills
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2017
I am working for two companies;

Capital Security has very good management, very nice and respectful supervisors, no any benefits are available, the wage is minimum, and the work hours are not enough,

the other company is Securitas Canada has a problem in the management, you couldn't contact or reach any manager and the only Four or Five Scheduling employees control every details related to the security guards work, and even they can control the income of the hours work, so the guard may gets only a half of his pays, for me I didn't receive any pay stubs and the money just deposit into my banking account , although I asked them many times (and I still asking) for my paystubs and for a copy of my contract but so far I didn't get that,

In general, it was a good place to get experience and I appreciated this opportunity, I really enjoyed working
Pros
I was working 12 hours with only 15 minuts break
Cons
long hours without fair wage, although some shifts's wage were should be 15 ( as I was told by emails) I got only the minimum
good for tuden
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 October 2017
good for school students but not for a long term employment. with no room for advancement into management positions. wages are at basic security guard minimum wage
Pros
diversity cultural
Cons
lac of communication
security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 August 2017
working with security company's can be very lucrative for those looking to excel in the field but if you are simply for steady work it is not a great long-term job
Securitas is a family feel job
Mobile Supervisor & Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 July 2017
through out my time at Securitas, I found that the Tilbury branch made everyone there feel at home with the way the branch ran to the management present.
Pros
great people
Cons
salary
Not a great place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 July 2017
The management team was extremely under qualified, there were multiple times where guards would have to correct management on the procedures they should have been enforcing.
They cared very little about working with your life. You were guaranteed your job as long as your were ok with working terrible hours or barely getting any hours at all.
I'm not sure if the entire company is like this or if it's just the london office.
Avoid at all costs.
good for school students
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
good for school students but not for a long term employment. worked for them for 9 years with no room for advancement into management positions. wages are at basic minimum wage
International company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2017
Good job for retired or starting. Traning not comprehensive. Alot of differet sites available. Pay not good. Hours always available. Hard to get time off in case of emergency. High turn over rate. Management turn over high as well. I didnt mind working for them.
Management out of touch with reality
Mobile Shift-Supervisor & Assistant Mobile Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 May 2017
Overall one of the better security companies to work for. The industry is flawed as a whole but Securitas is a good employer to work for in the industry. The benefits are nice but the money is not good for supervisory positions. The senior management is out of touch with the reality of the industry and unfortunately chooses client care over their employees.
benefits
Cons
longs hours, staff turnover, salary
The management was very helpful in my recruiting process
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
I am enjoying greatly working for Securitas Canada Ltd. The company is transparent and helpful in determining a good work match and site position based on your qualifications.
Pros
Benefits: Medical and Dental
Cons
Sometimes long standing periods
More Guards Less Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Always they hire more guards than need and substitute the work.
so guards who are working before get less hours
I am wokring with Securitas from more than 1 Year inToronto and now I moved to Winnipeg.
In Winnipeg branch, they hired me as full-time Guard, but I get only 16 hours in two weeks. they call it seniority.
Pros
Great company to work for
Static Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
Never had any issues with communication
Great way to expand your skills
Great team work environment
Benefits were amazing
Salary was on par with Industry standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.