Securitas Canada Employee Reviews

Reputable and respectable company
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2018
Overall very good company to work for. Unionized, good benefits, free uniform, responsive and caring management. Tons of over time opportunity and advancement
Pros
Free uniforms, training, promotions, opportunities
Cons
Very difficult place to work
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 October 2018
I had previously worked for Securitas Canada for five months in 2003-04 and returned to Canada knowing that I had a job. I began working for them in 2015, was promoted a month later and my life was controlled by my job. The scheduling managers would constantly call me in to work in my days off, my pay was constantly incorrect and one manager in particular felt it was his duty to humiliate and bully me until I was unable to do my job as a supervisor and driver. Eventually I ended up as a regular guard with no prospects. When my guard renewal license application was misplaced and I was stuck at home for a week without, I gave my notice.
Pros
Health benefit
Cons
Long hours, stressful working environment
Great
Security Supervisor & Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2018
Work your shift
observe and report
offer quality customer service
maintain security duties and a good environment
observing and reporting everything that happens
putting in a full days work and making sure things get done properly
Pros
time and a half
Cons
extra hours available
A company that only cared about making money
Anti-Piracy Team/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 August 2018
I was wrongfully accused of neglecting my duties. The evidence shown on the surveillance footage verified my identity and brought closure to the matter.

I was never treated so poorly in my life.
Pros
You might make enough to pay bills
Cons
Too many to list
Steady yet Time Consuming
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2018
This was Hours of Steady . Sitting and Patrolling and Observing.
Lock Up and Perimeter Protection and Video Surveillance Techniques Felxibility of Schedule or Site work
Pros
Always Guarnteed Hours
Cons
some job sites Totally Stationary
Awesome enviornment
Senior Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
If you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded. Out of all the companies I have worked for, this company is the most professional one. Excellent opportunities for growth coupled with great people.
Pros
growth opportunities, friendly enviornment, training
Cons
It was fun at first being a new person to security, but after a little the pay was the worst.
Security Guard / LGF (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
They have a hard time filling posts, especially at the US Embassy always low staff always a saftey concern. Pay was alot less then what we should be getting. Since liability and life saftey was always at risk. Definitely dont work for this company unless ur new to security to build ur resume and go somewhere else.
Pros
Free parkjng downtown.
Cons
Bad pay, long hours, lots of liability.
Excellent company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario7 August 2018
I have vast experience in security guard in terms of Patrol, customer service and attend to fire alarms.It is very stable and lots of new training at the head office
very good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 July 2018
This company is best in canada out of all security companies
All workers are very hard worker and all company staff helps each others to do their best in each and every field.
Pros
very good
Cons
nothing
great if looking for casual
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick26 June 2018
the Mobile security position is really great if looking for very casual work and busy points on weekends. the company has good intentions but is very poorly managed with multiple departments that refuse to talk to each other. you get a lot of Independence when working and able to self manage, you will be on call 24 7 and they will not appreciate if you done respond to phone calls no matter what. the supervisors can be very great to get a long with most times but can be very condescending and set very false expectations around pay, as there pay structure is very properly set up and they seem to assume your is as well so leads they a lot of empty promises on money expectations.
Pros
independance, casual work
Cons
pay, no appreciation for your vehicle, poor poor management.

Want to know more about Securitas Canada?

Ask a question
Excellent
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2018
Securitas has been my first company to work for .
They have excellent workforce and opportunities are immense
Though my work experience with Securitas was very less ,but was certainly a learning cure to know the work environment after recently migrating to Canada
Looking for a POsition as a SECURITY GUARD.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  diverses19 June 2018
I love to work with people.
I have some training on Health Care.

I am able to have compassion with peoples conditions.

I have some xperience person..
Pros
I had some training to work with people with Health conditions.
Cons
Nothing to be against. I am very human person.
Job is not what they lead it to
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area12 June 2018
This job is not what it seems, they pay you per response, there is no minimum wage or income guarantee, you get sent to a call and spend 3 hours there waiting for police or property supervisor to show up you are still only paid the basic response fee which is still well below minimum wage for even one hour, you get no vacation unless you book it off and they don't pay you for it and they wont even allow that in the first calendar year. They are always looking for people because no one stays when they realize how bad they are being paid and how poorly they are being taken advantage of.

You would honestly be better off working for minimum wage just about anywhere.

So to sum it up. paid by response, regardless of how long you are there, its not a salary job or paid by hour, there are no benefits or vacation, i honestly don't understand how its even legal in Canada

Beware this Company and job
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
Paid by response, no job security or guarantee of income
Okay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 May 2018
It's a good company. Big with lots of sites and so on. I have been working there for about two years and have never run into problems or issues with the company.
Rotational shifts were murder
National Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
The rotational shifts were murder for me. I despised them with a vengeance. I was an ok place to work but, it got old for me quickly. The rotational shifts caused me to hallucinate more than once!!!
Pros
Rotational Shifts
Cons
Decent pay
Management will lie to you
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 April 2018
Management personnel are not qualified for their positions, this always leads to enormous problems!! Guards get blamed for not showing up to a site to work, when all along, the person who was supposed to schedule the guard, failed to do so for whatever reason. This leads to chaos, and that is the best adjective to describe this company...CHAOS!! You will be asked to work overtime, and you will not get paid! They will lie to you!! NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK!!!
Pros
Cons
too many to list!
Flexible workplace with good pay and benefits. HR isn't perfect
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2018
Start your shift by meeting with your supervisor, and they'll tell you what is happening for the day/event. Go to your assigned post and follow the procedure your supervisor told you. Interact with people and make sure your job duties are being followed. Sometimes you'll have a radio which you can use to ask questions if you're unsure of how to handle something.

Management is nice and lenient, but can be slow to do things that they think are not as important.

If you're competent, it will be very easy to get along with everyone there as long as you do your job.

Hardest part of the job is standing for 2-5 hours at a time, and breaks are few and far between.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the laid back environment and general opportunity of what you can do during your shifts.
Pros
Flexible hours, laid back environment, new tasks all the time
Cons
Long hours of standing, short and few breaks
Leading a team to meet the customer expectations
SERVICE SUPERVISOR/, ELECTRONIC SECURITY (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2018
Working with a great team to complete tasks on time, fix it the first time. Under timelines for completion to ensure the quality met the request. The customer always came first
work place okay
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 March 2018
they supply a patral car, if it runs. then they charge the client up the butt to try and make back the money on a rental car that the company had rented. old workers was great to work with, new people that took over the office cant get a hold of them. office is suppose to be open at 8 am and closes at 4pm and no one is ever there.
Pros
was good people
Cons
cant get a hold of anyone when you want
Worst company ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2018
Would ask you to choose the sites and work as per your criteria and availability during interview and orientation, but after hiring they will force you to work on their basis and would fire you if you feel uncomfortable working at any site or refuse to work at some sites.
Also no post orders or training provided in some specific sites and you end up without knowing what to do in your shift and no one picks up the call after officer hours.
Would threaten to fire you on small mistakes instead of providing training.
Pros
Np pros only cons
Cons
No support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.