Securitas Canada Employee Reviews

life sucked out of me working for this company
Mobile Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 October 2018
I worked for this company for 8 months on the mobile divisions and was used and abused worked 12 hour shifts with no time to eat lunch would be driving 450 kilometres a day for $15 an hour and would get constantly bullied by mobile manager and mobile Superviser if they think something wasnt done properly they dont check to verify they will just mold you into the ground instead lack of people skills this branch struggled with employees when i started and i would pickup extra shifts knowing they needed the help and in the end they have nothing nice to say or do for you please stay clear from this company unless you like your life made miserable
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
Long hours uncompetitive wages poor employee respect
Very difficult place to work
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 October 2018
I had previously worked for Securitas Canada for five months in 2003-04 and returned to Canada knowing that I had a job. I began working for them in 2015, was promoted a month later and my life was controlled by my job. The scheduling managers would constantly call me in to work in my days off, my pay was constantly incorrect and one manager in particular felt it was his duty to humiliate and bully me until I was unable to do my job as a supervisor and driver. Eventually I ended up as a regular guard with no prospects. When my guard renewal license application was misplaced and I was stuck at home for a week without, I gave my notice.
Pros
Health benefit
Cons
Long hours, stressful working environment
Joke
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 November 2018
I worked 2 shifts for this company in total that amounted to 20 hours of work. Apparently they are so bad at math that I was short 6.5 hours on my pay. The first shift I worked, employees complained about missing hours on multiple occasions. Something shady going on here.
Pros
Cons
donated my own time to orientation without pay, missing hours on pay, treated as a sub-human
Great Beginning
CBC Toronto Security Dispatcher / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
Securitas was my first security job. They took a chance on a neophyte who at the time had no security experience. Through them, I rose from a casual security patrol guard to a full-time security dispatcher for a Canadian staple. It remains close to my heart to this day. I would recommend this company.
It was fun at first being a new person to security, but after a little the pay was the worst.
Security Guard / LGF (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
They have a hard time filling posts, especially at the US Embassy always low staff always a saftey concern. Pay was alot less then what we should be getting. Since liability and life saftey was always at risk. Definitely dont work for this company unless ur new to security to build ur resume and go somewhere else.
Pros
Free parkjng downtown.
Cons
Bad pay, long hours, lots of liability.
Great
Security Supervisor & Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2018
Work your shift
observe and report
offer quality customer service
maintain security duties and a good environment
observing and reporting everything that happens
putting in a full days work and making sure things get done properly
Pros
time and a half
Cons
extra hours available
A company that only cared about making money
Anti-Piracy Team/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 August 2018
I was wrongfully accused of neglecting my duties. The evidence shown on the surveillance footage verified my identity and brought closure to the matter.

I was never treated so poorly in my life.
Pros
You might make enough to pay bills
Cons
Too many to list
great if looking for casual
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick26 June 2018
the Mobile security position is really great if looking for very casual work and busy points on weekends. the company has good intentions but is very poorly managed with multiple departments that refuse to talk to each other. you get a lot of Independence when working and able to self manage, you will be on call 24 7 and they will not appreciate if you done respond to phone calls no matter what. the supervisors can be very great to get a long with most times but can be very condescending and set very false expectations around pay, as there pay structure is very properly set up and they seem to assume your is as well so leads they a lot of empty promises on money expectations.
Pros
independance, casual work
Cons
pay, no appreciation for your vehicle, poor poor management.
Reputable and respectable company
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2018
Overall very good company to work for. Unionized, good benefits, free uniform, responsive and caring management. Tons of over time opportunity and advancement
Pros
Free uniforms, training, promotions, opportunities
Awesome enviornment
Senior Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
If you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded. Out of all the companies I have worked for, this company is the most professional one. Excellent opportunities for growth coupled with great people.
Pros
growth opportunities, friendly enviornment, training
Steady yet Time Consuming
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2018
This was Hours of Steady . Sitting and Patrolling and Observing.
Lock Up and Perimeter Protection and Video Surveillance Techniques Felxibility of Schedule or Site work
Pros
Always Guarnteed Hours
Cons
some job sites Totally Stationary
I love my location
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 December 2018
My supervisor is the best to work with, he is understandable and treats everyone equal and fair,
my co-workers are always willing to teach you and don't overreacts when mistakes are made.
Terrible company to work for
Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa region18 November 2018
Struggle to get even basic uniforms for the site, they dont even provide jackets for people who have outside patrols and they have had 7 month to get them.
Pros
Cons
Management and pay
Looking for a POsition as a SECURITY GUARD.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  diverses19 June 2018
I love to work with people.
I have some training on Health Care.

I am able to have compassion with peoples conditions.

I have some xperience person..
Pros
I had some training to work with people with Health conditions.
Cons
Nothing to be against. I am very human person.
Management will lie to you
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 April 2018
Management personnel are not qualified for their positions, this always leads to enormous problems!! Guards get blamed for not showing up to a site to work, when all along, the person who was supposed to schedule the guard, failed to do so for whatever reason. This leads to chaos, and that is the best adjective to describe this company...CHAOS!! You will be asked to work overtime, and you will not get paid! They will lie to you!! NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK!!!
Pros
Cons
too many to list!
Excellent
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2018
Securitas has been my first company to work for .
They have excellent workforce and opportunities are immense
Though my work experience with Securitas was very less ,but was certainly a learning cure to know the work environment after recently migrating to Canada
Think twice before you join Cambridge mobile
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 November 2018
Joined this company in the month of June, submitted resignation in sept, 18. With this company you will hit more than 350 Km per shift with a regular wage of 15$.
Even guard make more than mobile with less responsibilities, no driving risk and less hassle. Increment in salary won’t take place and that’s the reason you will also see one recent posting on indeed.
Also if you take your concerns with mobile manager or supervisor they will just end with the conversation saying nothing can be done as everything is decided by Toronto main man. He is smart, his own guys make more than 16 but in Cambridge mobile staff is left with a same wage, giving a non logical statement “ Cambridge KW is a small area to serve.

So I would say be a field supervisor atleast you will make more than 16 you just need to park your mobile car and have a slice of pizza inside the site. Hence less travelling, less work.

Also, you will be kicked out once they have proper staff even with small mistakes.

So think before you join. Hope this will help you while deciding a career in security
Pros
Cons
Less wage more running on road
Job is not what they lead it to
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area12 June 2018
This job is not what it seems, they pay you per response, there is no minimum wage or income guarantee, you get sent to a call and spend 3 hours there waiting for police or property supervisor to show up you are still only paid the basic response fee which is still well below minimum wage for even one hour, you get no vacation unless you book it off and they don't pay you for it and they wont even allow that in the first calendar year. They are always looking for people because no one stays when they realize how bad they are being paid and how poorly they are being taken advantage of.

You would honestly be better off working for minimum wage just about anywhere.

So to sum it up. paid by response, regardless of how long you are there, its not a salary job or paid by hour, there are no benefits or vacation, i honestly don't understand how its even legal in Canada

Beware this Company and job
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
Paid by response, no job security or guarantee of income
Company with a objective to screw there own staff
Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 December 2018
There is no life working as a mobile patrol for this company specially in Cambridge. Wage 15 an hour with more responsibilities, role and headache. Each day mobile driver will drive for more than 350 km. This branch doesn’t celebrate Christmas or any other festive, no bonuses, no treats, no events. Mobile is being treated as a useless persons. Make them run all over the place. If you take your concern to field supervisor, she will say mobile manager is the one to talk too, if you go to mobile manager she will end the conversation saying the guy in Toronto controls us. Also if you are running late ending the shift, then you won’t even get paid, and the reason stated that you wasted the time coming back to office. That’s how they treat mobile staff. You will run for them on road each day without considering the weather and road conditions, get insulted from vagrants on job sites, and at last you will be nothing for this branch.
Poor job environment, base pay, even guards earn more than us sitting at one place for 12 hours.
Pros
None and don’t expect anything from them
Cons
There is no pros hence many cons
Excellent company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario7 August 2018
I have vast experience in security guard in terms of Patrol, customer service and attend to fire alarms.It is very stable and lots of new training at the head office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.