Securiguard

Canada150 reviews

Insights into Securiguard

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

good pay at remote sites. reliable, professionally-run company

I enjoyed working there and it was good money. Having come from a smaller security company, I was impressed by how well their systems in place functioned, and also that their pay is generous and accommodating.

Pros

at the remote site i was at, free food and good money resourceful and reliable employer

Cons

difficult to communicate with the head office

Not the best

I have worked for about 3 years and this is my review about Securiguard, Pay is lowHours Are longManagement is poorThey treat employees like numbers

Pros

Cons

Low wages Long hours

Great management.

This company is okay. Management is great. Pay is ok. Colleagues are good. Colleagues the changes between two revisions. Using the revision history, an editor can view and restore a previous version of the article. This gives great power to the author to eliminate edits. The diff feature can be used to decide whether or not this is necessary. A regular wiki user can view the diff of an edit listed on the "Recent Changes" page and, if it is an unacceptable edit, consult the history, restoring a previous revision; this process is more or less

Unprofessional management especially Concierge security

A very unorganized company. Those guys who run the management are very unprofessional. They just think employees are slaves. Would never recommend to work here.

Pros

Cons

Unorganized management

Bad work place

Bad Management with no security experience, Just looking for commercial profit only they don't care about clients security services, they have untrained team with zero knowledge

Management will make or break the job

Securiguard is a great company to start your security career with, lots of different branches and jobs available, I’ve worked with them for 8 years and worked in 3 different branches across the province, they have airport, city sites, commercial, and remote services, good company to boost your experience if you’re looking for everyday challenges, your job as a guard or management may differ depending on who you work under, Securiguard Main branch has great team of managers, however some of the other branches don’t which is a shame, overall I always had a good experience with it comes to paycheques or anything job related someone was happy to help, also lots of work if you’re willing to put yourself in uncomfortable situations.

Pros

Quick advancement based on competency, lots of OT, lots of job options

Cons

Poor management in some branches

Fun

I think that there are many opportunities to have fun within the capacity of Securiguard and it is a unique company which safeguards individuals through protecting them and ensuring their wellbeing .

No Complaints. May work for them again.

Worked in a camp environment on a Pipeline job. Decent pay as you get overtime regularily. Was given all the right equipment to work with. Can save money on the camp jobs. Friendly co-workers. No complaints at all.

Pros

Lots of overtime if you want it.

Cons

Time consuming to use cell phone for numerous reports.

Below average

No comments no answer no solid standard no legitimate human rights

Good Locally owned company to work for

Getting in is easy and there is a lot of opportunities for personal growth in this firmAlways happy and eager to help their employeesEmployees get treated wellKeep up the good work… they do recognize it

Pros

Free rides when theres no public transport

Cons

Dont be late for work they’ll write you up even if you are a minute late

toxic environment to work in

Worse company to work for. They treat you like C R A P and s l a v e s . I would not recommend anyone working for pipeline shifts, even though the pay for pipeline is decent. They force you to stand outside for 12 hours without proper break, you will be standing outside in rain, snow or cold without having proper Shelter or gear, expect constantly getting written up, if you make a mistake and management most likely will not listen to your side story if anything occurs. You mostly will be miserable and annoyed by management in 3 month.

Pros

Free uniform.

Cons

Stress, treated like c r a p, no appreciation, standing in cold, standing outside for 12 hrs.

Slow but Good Pay

I work for the City of Vancouver. Pay is good, work is minimal, management is chill. Minimal work and little supervision on guards. There's plenty of opportunities to accept shifts from different sites however. There was little training given aside from the very basics. The job is quiet and largely uneventful.

Pros

Good Pay, management is decent

Cons

Unproductive

Company has gone down hill

This is my 3rd time working for them. Each time I quit due to either lies told to me. Not been paid for hrs worked or the company and management not upholding there word.

Cons

Worst company I ever worked for

Poor management and they will just force you for a shift. No training provided but they expect u to know everything. They will give you a hard time if you call in sick or wish to leave early for some kind of emergency.

Pros

get in easily

Cons

Poor management, cannot get any days off even in case of an emergency.

The management should concentrate on what good deeds the employees have done rather than small mistakes.

Won’t recommend to others because they are less experienced in management and they should take care of employees at least when they are doing best at their work.

Pros

Easy to join

Cons

Poor management team

Not worth the stress

The only way you'll advance is by sucking up to management who know absolutely nothing about the positions they hire for. You'll be pressured to come in when you're sick/unavailable and you'll be penalized for calling in sick. Don't waste your time and energy here, if you're looking to make decent pay, you're better off working as a guard. Stay away from any head office position.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Everything else

total nightmare

by far the worst company ive ever seen. my biggest regret was applying. second biggest is working for them oh well live and learn right.. just do your self a favor and stay away from securiguard thats all i can say. i wont even send the devil there to work.

Pros

Cons

for ever growing list

Decent

This review was difficult due to my experience. In essence great company, smooth operation, however upper managenent never took heed to the major problem at the branch. They have since cleaned up, from word on the street, I expect it would now be a much more desireable work place.

Pros

Very well ran from a coorporate level.

Cons

Was BM

Securiguard

I have worked for many Security companies in my 10+ years in the industry. Securiguard is one of the best I've worked for. My specific site is a particularly high paying position, which is obviously nice because it allows me to have a secure life. Pay will vary from site to site however. But generally most of the contracts pay a living wage ($20+/Hour) Management check in at my site only occasionally, so there is no unnecessary micro-management. Management only comes around when needed, or when requested. There are few real training opportunities at my site, we are required to have high level first aid, which the company pays for completely, but beyond that any further training is done through short online videos. Official Workplace Culture doesn't really exist, the company nor the on-site management don't do anything to get everyone together for team building, training, or meetings. Although to be fair, it's not easy to organize those activities with a schedule like ours. My specific site can be challenging during busier times, and I feel fortunate we have a solid training procedure for new hires, and as experienced officers, we're tested regularly to keep our knowledge sharp.

Pros

High Pay, Benefits, Steady Schedule, Paid Training

Cons

Little Engagement With Management, Limited Training Opportunities

Disorganized, little to no training, inexperienced supervisors

Supervisors are very inexperienced and biased when they should be impartial, incredibly disorganized never worked for a security company so unsure of itself, great operations manager but severely overworked, problems with paychecks being short and trying to get it addressed, zero communication between client and management as well as team, lack of discipline first staff that treat the client and client personnel as well as other staff poorly. Pay rate is low and definitely not based upon experience more so who you know

Pros

Consistent hours

Cons

Low pay, poor office management, paychecks short

Terrible company to work for.

This company promises alot in their job postings and simply do not deliver on anything. There is zero training, management is terrible on all levels, no opportunity to advance and to top it all off the hours suck and can be changed without any notice. I don't suggest working here unless you're truly desperate.

Pros

Being paid

Cons

Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securiguard. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement