Securiguard

Securiguard Employee Reviews

Canada129 reviews
Not very productive.
Co workers were always pleasant. Should provide more training before employees are thrown into the field. Hard to get pay raise. Good for students i guess.
Enjoyed working for Securiguard
Securiguard was a good company that took good care of me while employed with them however it would be nice to see some of the excessive splurges on management be passed on to some of the guards who are working extra hard to make the company excel and be what it is.
Worse company to work for
Management treats you poorly, no training is provided, they didnt even gave note taking or radio usage trainings, expect your shift to be cancelled without even being informed and they dont pay the wage rate they tell you.
Terrible
Supervisors are idiots they dont do anything. Operations Manger forced me to quit because i got injured. My pay was always late and whenever i emailed to ask a question or for jobs they wont reply
Best company!!
Best company to work for if you want to get started!! The pay range varies. So be sure to ask for the pay rate of each specific site you work at. Varies from $15.30/hr to $18.30/hr.
Pros
Great Management, work and life management, schedule management team is awesome! Very diverse company. Team members are nice.
Cons
Wage fluctuates
Unprofessional
The staff is super rude and unprofessional. They were supposed to relocate me in June but they never reached me. Even when I used to work in one of their sites, my supervisor doesn't use to give us the break (Not even to use the restroom) just because we were at the front desk and we weren't allowed to leave the desk without his permission. And he never permitted us.
Worst security company
Worst security company ever! They will offer to pay for your lisences if you sign a contract for one year. They have terrible contracts available. They constantly lie to employees. They offered me a Stanley park driving position. During training they brought a bike. Wanted me to ride a bike around entire park, dishonest. Lowest pay in the industry. On call they sent a small female to guard downtown Eastside McDonald's during graveyard. Don't care about employees
Onsite Construction Security Escort
Each day we were given assignments. The workload was great when there were shifts. I really enjoyed this work and the shiftwork. The people and managers were very supportive.
Worst management ever
Don’t know about other sites but the management for Detainee transport officer are the worst. The assistant manager and manager always say the opposite things. The main manager makes up random rules as he goes just to always be right. The job itself is great for experience and advancement but I’ve never seen such bad management before. High turn over rate due to management.
Bad organization
No advancement especially for people of colour.
minimum wages. No wage increase no matter how long you work for them. No one appreciates your good work.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Is for me working at Milos craft beer Emporium. Because the staff rhere and the owner make you feel like what youre doing is very apreciated and they make you feel like one of their staff.
Bad company
Unfair wage, hard to advance, lack of communication, not really flexible, cannot take any days off even when u are sick, boring jobs, no real work, i do mot recommend
Worst Management/Administration i have ever seen.
Hours are pretty normal for a security position being 12 hour shifts. They lie to you during the interview saying the new Surrey center is going to open any day but it never does. Management tells you inconsistent "rules" and are constantly making you sign new policies which they either don't follow or they change again. If you are looking for experience in a correctional environment, then this job works well for that. The pay is not good for the duties you perform, but if you can get past the pay and the bad management, then the supervisors and co-workers including all the officers you meet are awesome.
Bad.
Poor management. They usually don’t know which member is supposed to do what shifts, do not give a leave even when the guard is unable to work, switch shifts and inform a day before. Very poor. Don’t give cheque’s on time!
Securiguard services Ltd is a awesome company in Vancouver which is growing day by day. Management is also really helpful and reliable.
It's a great company to work with. Securiguard always does respect to their employees and follow their core values. It's a discrimination free company.
Management Issues
Site manager constantly contradicts with the assistant manager about policies and lacks experience compared to the assistant manager.

Operations coordinator sends the schedule out the friday of the week before, but is constantly making mistakes and changes. Sometimes even without notifying the employee. Does not communicate well with the employees as she sometimes does not respond to questions via email.
not productive not fun and poor managment.
working at Securiguard is not fun, because the management sucks, horrible and racist op managers, they don't respect their employee. not safe to work.
Pros
no lunches only punches.
Cons
long hours you have no right to refuse OT, your time and appointment don't matter after you done your duty.
Discouraged
Employee of 7 years going on 8 years, now I'm not sure if other places get raises, when I was hired was told their was raised, I've been at minimum wage for 7 years..... won an award.....the site loves me and refuses to let anyone else work there!! That should tell ya something
Don't get sick at remote sites
It was not bad, but if you get sick at a remote site, and are absolutely dying, don't even think of canceling a shift. Not even when your cross-shift will be there the night of your last shift. Because its "unacceptable" to be be dying of the flu, because they need their money. They would rather see you die on shift than have the cross-shift take a day of overtime.
On-Call City of Vancouver Contract Security
Securiguard, when compared to other security companies in Lower Mainland B.C., is probably one of the 'better' security agencies with regard to pay, benefits, and training. There are fair opportunities to advance to the higher paying / higher profile sites, given that you have the experience or recommendations. Security work in general (regardless of company) is mundane, repetitive, boring, and in some cases, underpaying depending on the tasks you have to do, but that is not necessarily the fault of the company, just the traits that come with the job, as you are there merely only for 'insurance/liability' and a 'security presence', nothing more, nothing less. Securiguard also offers training such as Occupational First Aid and Advanced Security Training and is willing to foot the bill for you, if you commit to working with them for at least one year. Uniforms are provided free, and do not look too bad. Other than that, I would have to say from my short experience as a on-call COV guard, it is not bad in regard to pay, but the tasks and duties are repetitive and boring., and I would definitely not want to be doing these tasks earning anything less.

In the end, if you have experience in security, I would recommend working for Securiguard ONLY at their high profile or government contract sites as you do gain good experience and fair compensation. This job would be good for students or people looking for part-time, casual work, or temporary work - especially those looking to get into law enforcement or customer service related work.
Flexible Job with Good pay as an Airside Escort
This job is pretty good when it comes to security jobs. The pay is really nice compared to other starting security jobs and it scales really well too. The job can be extremely flexible since you can change your availability to a minimum of 16 hrs a week and as long as advanced notice is given, it will be approved. Now the CONS:
1) Job security

Very hard to move up the ladder since seniority rules all. It's a 2 pronged problem since a) no one ever leaves and b) people leave early since not many shifts during winter time. So biggest thing here is to make sure this isn't your only job

2) management

The office in YVR is bad. they often ignore your emails, its a pain to make appointments, your union is also iffy and lastly, your managers also show extreme favoritism. Doesn't care about uniform or protocol for one person but instantly writes another one up for one wrong thing for uniform.

3) job culture

extremely toxic with the seniority thing. If you get a shift as one thing, someone more senior can say "that's my shift now". boom, you got no shfits OR you get bumped to another job site. Also breaks are done by seniority so sometimes you'll get your only 1 hr break 30 mins after you started OR you get it last hour of your shift. Also, the break reliefs, tend to mess around and either give it to you too early, or don't even bother coming.