Securiguard Employee Reviews

Positive work environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 July 2018
To date although I have only been with them two months my experiences have been positive. Nothing or any job does not come without positive and negative points, but it is up to the individual to be a responsible and cooperative licensed professional. I have had more work than I expected and full support from management. Some assignments are challenging but you have to have a positive attitude and professional approach to be able to adapt and do your best to meet expectations. I have learned not to be hard on myself as there sometimes is no ability to do more than your best and not all situations are going to go as planned nor do they have the same level of involvement and a few times the tedium of an assignment can be frustrating to say the least but that is the element of discovery in security. I find the culture is moderately good and some are very professional and serious in performing their role and I also find others just complain but this exists with a number of employees with other security firms as well. The hardest part of the job sometimes is being creative and having the confidence and ability to assess and suggest what appears at times to be necessary implementation and speak to client and management about your concerns which leads to the enjoyable part of the job in being proactive, professional and confident in doing so which also demonstrates to clients and management that you take your role seriously and their safety as well as other staff that may be exposed to similar or same assignment.
Pros
Interaction and improving skill sets
Cons
Could definitely pay more
have lot of sites for work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 July 2018
have good management team, schedulers are very polite and helpful
they are using the advance technology like tracktik and every hour check in for the employee safety.
If I could rate lower than one star, I would!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC and area17 July 2018
Unfortunately all security jobs are sub par in terms of wage, job security, career advancement and even just basic human dignity.

This place isn’t any better nor is it any worse than other security companies, unless you work in house or for the actual client yourself.

They pay you little more than minimum wage, but charge the sites you work at more than double!

Sometimes to make up full time hours, they send you all over the place and some sites the commute is so long and far away, or if you’re able to drive, you spend half your wage in gas.

Make this a short term career or for making extra money for summer, school or Christmas, but if you have to actually support a family, then get a student loan and invest in yourself for a better career.
Pros
Good if you are a single person and just need some temp work
Cons
If you have a family, don’t bother. No compassion for your family if an emergency arises.
Not a good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Forestburg, AB16 July 2018
A very unorganized company to work for, that is completely lacking in the general care of its staff members. No ability to grow with the company yet they are unable to keep managerial staff.
Pros
They pay for your advanced first aid ticket if the site you work at requires it
Cons
lack of general care for employees, not able to keep managers around
Working with security company.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2018
To work with a company of providing security guard is though challenging, Takes long time to approve benefits.
If it continuing job then pretty. sometime is boring to wait for shift of reliever.
Stagnent Company
BANK SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2018
Big turnover rate among employees. No promotions during the three years I was there. Management often ignored staff requests or complaints. No opportunity for different sites. Often stuck on one shift or site forever.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, little pay, no opportunity for advancement or change of work sites.
Simply a work experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 May 2018
Simply a work experience to fulfill my college requirements. The experience was a bit too shallow as the majority of the shifts were to stand by the front entrance to ensure no books leaves the library without being scanned. The job might provide more duties if I were to be full time.
Pros
More security experience
Cons
Lack of duties
Highly disorganized company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 March 2018
Securiguard bites off more than it can chew and has a company keep track of schedules and pay that is consistently inept. Issues with payroll on a constant basis with very slow response time in correcting said issues. They hire you for a specific type of position then try to coerce you into other positions to fill space.
Pros
Good if doing what was hired to do
Cons
Horrible communication, scheduling, payroll, and salary
Go somewhere else
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 February 2018
Not too bad management, very low pay not worth putting your life on the line, other companies pay a bit better but not much for what the risks are to your own personal well being, get a different career, good fellow employees, they don't feel appreciated,
Pros
None really
Cons
Low pay, no support from Management
So much harassment and toxic culture
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2018
A very toxic culture to work in. I witnessed a lot of harassment and unfair treatment toward female staff, and preferential treatment towards male employees. Very typical sexist environment. It's hidden very well to start, but after a year of working there I've had enough of how awful the management is and how they disregard their legal duty to investigate and create a safe working environment.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Toxic environment. Incredibly low wages. Management is incompetent.
Fair Company
Screening Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2018
Company is fair and even across the board, nothing to make them somewhere you go out of your way to be, nor somewhere you want to avoid. Opportunities are available if you'd like to pursue them.
Not a good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 January 2018
Poor Management. They tend to believe their "pet employees" rather than investigate complaints. Some of the longer term employees I met while working for Securiguard were liars and lied daily to keep their job as they were mostly incompetent and probably could not find another job. Don't work for this company. There are a lot of better ones out there that have better pay and better management.
Pros
Easy to get a part time job
Cons
Incompetent management.
Hyatt Regency is a fun place to work at. Securiguard needs improvement in Employee Relations and Site Support. Review of Compensation is redquired
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the cooperative hotel staff who appreciated my assistance in locking and unlocking of different facilities while guiding and helping guests as much as I could. It was a nice feeling when you hear grateful words from guests you helped to their rooms and had a little too much to drink. With a few exceptions, most of my talks with guests regarding Noise Complaints are very positive. I can say that the hardest part of the job is when you are faced with an obvious mentally unstable person who swears and threatens to hurt you and you struggle to maintain maximum tolerance while trying to request for assistance on the radio.
Pros
Free Night Shift Meals; Clean and Secured work site.
Cons
Long Hours of Standing and Walking. Unpredictable UD's.
Not enough hours. not enough consticiency in work schedule
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 January 2018
Management is not very effective in the way they do scheduling. Most often times they forget to tell the guards when they're suppose to work. The benefits aren't the greatest, and there's no room for advancement or raises in salary. Working with the other guards is great,some of the sites are pretty boring and repetitive.
Cons
If you need a job but not of you need a career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2018
It's a typical security job. Management kind of hides facts and information when hiring. Not much job satisfaction at the work place as colleagues keep moving out. Clients usually are bossy towards guards. Security management does not interfere in any way much at all. Definetly not for the long term.
Pros
Less interference from management
Cons
Low salary, unstable management, no chance of advancement
An awesome company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for SecuriGuard at an really great site. I was able to gain the customer service skills and gaining new security experience for the job
A well run Company.
Management (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2017
A Company that cares about their employees and who take the CORE Values seriously making decisions that fall in line with them. A strong management team at all levels.
Good place to work. Scheduling department is great.
Mobile Security Guard Driving (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2017
Good place to work. Scheduling department is great. Variety of option available to work with. Pay is also good. I enjoyed my time there. And you get plenty of work.
Management is great.
Security Officer/ Stationary Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 October 2017
Although I was laid off due to not enough available work, the management treated me with respect, compassion and kindness.
I was also asked if they could hire me back since they appreciated my work ethics and performance.
Pros
Good company to work for all around.
Cons
Not enough hours.
good if it is temporary but for long run i will say avoid it
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2017
There is no scope of getting promoted here. for them a guard has no value because you are easily replaceable. So, for short term yeah its good but for long term please apply somewhere else
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad clients and bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securiguard. Our community is ready to answer.