Securiguard Employee Reviews

Highly disorganized company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 March 2018
Securiguard bites off more than it can chew and has a company keep track of schedules and pay that is consistently inept. Issues with payroll on a constant basis with very slow response time in correcting said issues. They hire you for a specific type of position then try to coerce you into other positions to fill space.
Pros
Good if doing what was hired to do
Cons
Horrible communication, scheduling, payroll, and salary
Go somewhere else
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 February 2018
Not too bad management, very low pay not worth putting your life on the line, other companies pay a bit better but not much for what the risks are to your own personal well being, get a different career, good fellow employees, they don't feel appreciated,
Pros
None really
Cons
Low pay, no support from Management
So much harassment and toxic culture
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2018
A very toxic culture to work in. I witnessed a lot of harassment and unfair treatment toward female staff, and preferential treatment towards male employees. Very typical sexist environment. It's hidden very well to start, but after a year of working there I've had enough of how awful the management is and how they disregard their legal duty to investigate and create a safe working environment.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Toxic environment. Incredibly low wages. Management is incompetent.
Not a good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 January 2018
Poor Management. They tend to believe their "pet employees" rather than investigate complaints. Some of the longer term employees I met while working for Securiguard were liars and lied daily to keep their job as they were mostly incompetent and probably could not find another job. Don't work for this company. There are a lot of better ones out there that have better pay and better management.
Pros
Easy to get a part time job
Cons
Incompetent management.
Hyatt Regency is a fun place to work at. Securiguard needs improvement in Employee Relations and Site Support. Review of Compensation is redquired
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the cooperative hotel staff who appreciated my assistance in locking and unlocking of different facilities while guiding and helping guests as much as I could. It was a nice feeling when you hear grateful words from guests you helped to their rooms and had a little too much to drink. With a few exceptions, most of my talks with guests regarding Noise Complaints are very positive. I can say that the hardest part of the job is when you are faced with an obvious mentally unstable person who swears and threatens to hurt you and you struggle to maintain maximum tolerance while trying to request for assistance on the radio.
Pros
Free Night Shift Meals; Clean and Secured work site.
Cons
Long Hours of Standing and Walking. Unpredictable UD's.
Not enough hours. not enough consticiency in work schedule
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 January 2018
Management is not very effective in the way they do scheduling. Most often times they forget to tell the guards when they're suppose to work. The benefits aren't the greatest, and there's no room for advancement or raises in salary. Working with the other guards is great,some of the sites are pretty boring and repetitive.
Cons
If you need a job but not of you need a career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2018
It's a typical security job. Management kind of hides facts and information when hiring. Not much job satisfaction at the work place as colleagues keep moving out. Clients usually are bossy towards guards. Security management does not interfere in any way much at all. Definetly not for the long term.
Pros
Less interference from management
Cons
Low salary, unstable management, no chance of advancement
An awesome company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
I have had the opportunity to work for SecuriGuard at an really great site. I was able to gain the customer service skills and gaining new security experience for the job
A well run Company.
Management (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 November 2017
A Company that cares about their employees and who take the CORE Values seriously making decisions that fall in line with them. A strong management team at all levels.
Good place to work. Scheduling department is great.
Mobile Security Guard Driving (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2017
Good place to work. Scheduling department is great. Variety of option available to work with. Pay is also good. I enjoyed my time there. And you get plenty of work.
Management is great.
Security Officer/ Stationary Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC3 October 2017
Although I was laid off due to not enough available work, the management treated me with respect, compassion and kindness.
I was also asked if they could hire me back since they appreciated my work ethics and performance.
Pros
Good company to work for all around.
Cons
Not enough hours.
good if it is temporary but for long run i will say avoid it
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2017
There is no scope of getting promoted here. for them a guard has no value because you are easily replaceable. So, for short term yeah its good but for long term please apply somewhere else
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad clients and bad pay
Working in a hospital setting is always good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC23 September 2017
This particular site to work at was ok however when it came to writing up reports which are done for every shift and which I'm very good at doing went a little overboard. Its understandable to write up reports correctly however when the writing takes more time off of your actually job you're there to do then the job is not really being done properly.
Pros
Decent work area, up to par wages
Cons
Too much time taken to write reports
Acceptable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC22 September 2017
Never had a pay issue or rate issue and the uniforms are good. The uniforms are designed for the working guard and the colours keep you safe in traffic or construction zones.

Call in system is buggy but there was always a person to check in with at C3.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor hours but that ia security
Average working environment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 September 2017
Excellent atmosphere, working conditions, co workers and management. Flexible hours, days and time off. Pay was above average with bonuses for work performance. Co workers were prompt and on time for relief shifts. Personable staff.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay
Good Company to work for
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2017
Managers could spend more time with employees, coaching and training them for the success. Culture is very good and positive, CEO is great guy. Company has lots of good contracts. Lots of opportunities.
Pros
great culture
Cons
more training
Poor place of work. Management and pay not acceptable.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 July 2017
I was lied to several times during the hiring process and ended up with a wage far lower than promised and unfilled expectations by one of the managers in Victoria who is certainly not someone I wanted to work for. She was disliked immensely by her employees and had no accountability, telling her employees that all of the difficulties she faced in the job were brought upon her by them.

When I left with short notice after a week of work, she decided to personally attack me, threaten to berate me to my family (whom she just happens to be acquainted with one member in particular). Despite the fact I tried leaving on semi acceptable terms by maintaining a polite demeanour, after I recognized the poor working conditions to which I had befallen.

I would not recommend security in general unless it is in-house with a company such as a casino or hospital which benefits are provided and pay is acceptable. This company in particular is one I would recommend boycotting for the time being until stronger management is in place. I recommend upon taking this job and asking questions of your colleagues to determine the reliability of those who you work for and whether this is really a place that is suited to you.
Pros
The guards I worked with were very good people.
Cons
Poor hours, pay, management, benefits.
ok starting job in security or at the airport
AVSEC Patroller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 July 2017
The different positions you get trained for can be fun. You start on call and there are very little shifts to take because it is all seniority based. Ok as a part time job.
No salary/wages increment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 June 2017
My work site is Abbotsford airport in securiguard company
when i start with securiguard as security officer when they send me at Abbotsford airport. Airport authrity treat us as janitor they dont think we are work as security guard .
awe
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 June 2017
i like it because good okay i don't know yo man i don't really wanna write this i learned management workplace i dislike a typical day at work hardest part is nothing most enjoyable part is idk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securiguard. Our community is ready to answer.