Secure Energy

Secure Energy Employee Reviews for Equipment Operator

Sometimes there is lot's of work, other times there is no work. Decent pay, benefits, and LOA. Primarily you work on the road, usually 10-12 hr days depending on the project.
Pros
Good wages, culture, and equipment
Cons
You may sit at home for days to weeks.
Thought that the company wouldn’t be a bad place since I knew a bunch of people there. Turns out, same nonsense, different name on the door. Management has the right ideas, they just don’t seem to put them in motion. Too many people here in positions they’re not qualified to be in. A number of employees are rats and will tell the office things “they’ve heard”, when really, they’ve actually left out vital parts of the story just to make you look bad.
Pros
It’s a paycheque
Cons
The project managers will screw you every chance they get, to save money and make themselves look better come bonus time.
First meeting with supervisor at Fox Creek Secure environmental land fill. We were building new cells for site operation. Was asked how long I had been with company. Told him only a few days. He flipped and went off on me about getting all the new people. Constantly gave me disrespectful grief over the two way radio from the start until I approached him about it. Did the same to others. Expected to work as labourer/heavy equipment operator. Wasn't told this when hired but was ok with it. Excavator broke down and was making efforts to repair machine and was injured while doing so. Supervisor was angry when I went to hospital to be checked out. Called me a liar and said I was faking injury. X-rays and doctor proved different. Signed agreement to stay working doing modified duties instead of being off on WCB. Went to site for first day of modified duties and was told I was in the way and my job was to sit in my personal p/u truck until I was healed and able to perform full duties again. This went on for one day and then was sent home for days off even though I wasn't close to the end of my turn around. I was told this was in my best interest to help me heal but I was to receive no pay even though I had agreed to modified duties. Completely illegal. I ended up getting WCB payment for this forced time off. Once this happened that was about the end of my job. I don't recommend this company.
Summary says it all. Awesome place to work, great staff, etc etc. Lack communication when working/planning things out. Work/Life balance is slim, making things difficult from time to time of course.
Totally unprofessional company run by totally unprofessional people is a good start. If youre an operator or labourer watch out for your superintendant, that guy couldnt superintend a candy shop, worst liar and backstabber ive ever come across in the industry, unless you like no call backs when you just want to know whats happening for work or youre a huge brown noser then its a fit. Oh and watch out for the head mechanic/equipment manager at the red deer shop, he will throw anyone under the bus to make himself look good, he would sell out his own mother and still sleep at night.
Pros
Cons
A liar and backstabber for a superintendant, no call backs when you want to know about work, too many cons to list
I would not work there again if it was the last place on earth .. the Management was a rude fat person who sat behind a desk and never gave a person the benefit of the doubt it was his way that was it ... co workers were the same all but 1hardest part of the day was going to work best part was leaving
Pros
nothing was free had to pay for the christmas party
Cons
the manager was ALWAYS there telling you that you were wrong
First time I've operated a dozer and found it to be very fun and easy, The onsite foreman and other employees were very easy to work with, followed with good hours and relaxing days
Pros
free lunchs
hard to get time off but great people around there easy going , all go when they have work pay roll needs to do better at life i am sure they will get it soon. over all i like working there . the long shifts get me missing my people tho. money is good
Pros
provide a work truck
Cons
no time for family
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Secure Energy?