Secure Energy
Coronavirus update
Information from Secure Energy:

Secure Energy Employee Reviews

Canada105 reviews
Decent job, hard to advance when bosses hire family, lack of motivation in the office, schedule was good, but benefits were good, paid holidays were nice
Pros
Good Schedule
Cons
Hard to advance, or get a raise
This company promises everything but delivers nothing. Management says they care about your future and career growth but nothing has materialized in 2 years. I am paid about 25-30% less than my other colleagues working in similar positions at other companies. Executive team has no diversity and there are almost no women in authoritative positions at this company. It's a very cliquey work environment, either you fit in or you don't, nepotism is common practice. Benefit packages are very mediocre, no vision care, no flex days. It's no surprise turnover is high, wouldn't recommend anyone working here, it's a dead-end job.
Keep things running,
Customer service.

Team work.

Roles and responsibilities.

Honestly.

Always on time.

Family oriented.

Work with your team mates.

Problem solve.
Pros
Loved working for them
Cons
Hate getting let go
It was a great experience working for Secure. The atmosphere was phenomenal and it was not hard to advance as long as you worked hard and proved yourself worthy. A great company, filled with great people.
When I started at Secure things were great! I got along well with my boss and co-workers and the work was reasonable.

However, the system was always changing, no process could ever stay the same and things were constantly being over complicated. Consistency would have been really nice, especially since the hours were so long, 12 hour days and 1-3 hours of commute time depending on how far you were from the worksite.

There is also a large amount of favoritism on smaller worksites. Family and friends are often hired, causing conflicts of interest and making those who aren't family a target for management to take their problems out on. Family and friends are also treated better overall. In my time working here, I watched management chase off multiple operators and scale desk workers, but it was never anyone from the "inner circle".

The only plus is that Secure does supply great benefits.
Pros
Good health/dental benefits
Cons
Management and horrible favoritism
Thought that the company wouldn’t be a bad place since I knew a bunch of people there. Turns out, same nonsense, different name on the door. Management has the right ideas, they just don’t seem to put them in motion. Too many people here in positions they’re not qualified to be in. A number of employees are rats and will tell the office things “they’ve heard”, when really, they’ve actually left out vital parts of the story just to make you look bad.
Pros
It’s a paycheque
Cons
The project managers will screw you every chance they get, to save money and make themselves look better come bonus time.
I worked there for 1 year. It was an amazing experience. The workplace is very relaxed but efficient, and I got to learn a variety of new analytical techniques.
The company is fairly young, with a great work-life balanced environment. The company and employees treat you like family and truly care about their employees.
I would recommend SECURE Energy to a friend. Great place to work with a fun culture and smart charismatic people. Great vision of growth in the Midstream space.
Great work environment, guys are easy going and a pleasure to work with. A typical day of production was fairly busy which made days go by quickly. Hardest part of job was shoveling/jack hammering hardened product out of dissovlers.
Fantastic company to work for all management supervisors everyone works at it as a team no one judges you if you have questions or are not sure on how to do something there's always someone available and overall just a great team to work for
I had a bad experience working at Secure Energy of blatant discrimination when I became pregnant. A promotion was withdrawn before my maternity leave and it was not reinstated when I returned, forcing me to accept a lay-off package after a year of inaction. The work culture was stressful for the most part and the pay was substandard.  During my 4-year tenure, several rounds of lay-offs were conducted, so the fear of losing one's job was constantly present and it enhanced the toxicity of the work-place. I did learn a lot, however, in the fast-paced, constantly changing environment in terms of work skills and also, I came to realize what I want and what I won't tolerate from a job or boss.
Management here was terrible. They head hunted me to get my contacts Once I brought the revenue over to the company and worked very hard, I was terminated without cause
Very involved in getting to know about your personal life.
A lot of 1 on 1 meetings with superiors to discuss past, present, and future.

Always pressed to ask for help to achieve the highest quality of work.
Salary is low compared to a competitor in the area but the company as a whole is better. Good place to work but not much for advancement. Overall Secure is very spread out across Alberta so moving to a different plant is not difficult.
If you live in GP, there really isn’t a lot of room to work up the corporate ladder. If you are not in Calgary do not expect a promotion. Not a lot of job security. Salaries are not that competitive. Work environment is decent because of fellow employees.
extremely toxic work environment. not worth the pay you receive. people at secure Judycreek will stab you in the back to get ahead. hardest part of the job is working with people that dont care about the work.
Pros
free truck to drive to and from work
Cons
extremely toxic work environment
This is an ideal place to work if you have no morals. Secure has a code of ethics that no one clearly follows. Secure claims to care about the environment but that is the farthest thing from being true.
First meeting with supervisor at Fox Creek Secure environmental land fill. We were building new cells for site operation. Was asked how long I had been with company. Told him only a few days. He flipped and went off on me about getting all the new people. Constantly gave me disrespectful grief over the two way radio from the start until I approached him about it. Did the same to others. Expected to work as labourer/heavy equipment operator. Wasn't told this when hired but was ok with it. Excavator broke down and was making efforts to repair machine and was injured while doing so. Supervisor was angry when I went to hospital to be checked out. Called me a liar and said I was faking injury. X-rays and doctor proved different. Signed agreement to stay working doing modified duties instead of being off on WCB. Went to site for first day of modified duties and was told I was in the way and my job was to sit in my personal p/u truck until I was healed and able to perform full duties again. This went on for one day and then was sent home for days off even though I wasn't close to the end of my turn around. I was told this was in my best interest to help me heal but I was to receive no pay even though I had agreed to modified duties. Completely illegal. I ended up getting WCB payment for this forced time off. Once this happened that was about the end of my job. I don't recommend this company.
it is ok to work for lot of trucks u see lot of truck driver day to day they like to come at the end of the day it is ok it get old when they come at the end day.
Secure is a great company to work for! Great compensation (above average) and great work benefits!
It is a slow paced environment. Very relaxed kind of job.