Secure Energy
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Secure Energy:

Secure Energy Employee Reviews

Canada99 reviews
Excellent place to work with great people.
I would recommend SECURE Energy to a friend. Great place to work with a fun culture and smart charismatic people. Great vision of growth in the Midstream space.
Great Co-op Experience
I worked there for 1 year. It was an amazing experience. The workplace is very relaxed but efficient, and I got to learn a variety of new analytical techniques.
Hard working and fun company.
The company is fairly young, with a great work-life balanced environment. The company and employees treat you like family and truly care about their employees.
easy going, great work environment.
Great work environment, guys are easy going and a pleasure to work with. A typical day of production was fairly busy which made days go by quickly. Hardest part of job was shoveling/jack hammering hardened product out of dissovlers.
Team players
Fantastic company to work for all management supervisors everyone works at it as a team no one judges you if you have questions or are not sure on how to do something there's always someone available and overall just a great team to work for
Bad experience
I had a bad experience working at Secure Energy of blatant discrimination when I became pregnant. A promotion was withdrawn before my maternity leave and it was not reinstated when I returned, forcing me to accept a lay-off package after a year of inaction. The work culture was stressful for the most part and the pay was substandard.  During my 4-year tenure, several rounds of lay-offs were conducted, so the fear of losing one's job was constantly present and it enhanced the toxicity of the work-place. I did learn a lot, however, in the fast-paced, constantly changing environment in terms of work skills and also, I came to realize what I want and what I won't tolerate from a job or boss.
Bad
Management here was terrible. They head hunted me to get my contacts Once I brought the revenue over to the company and worked very hard, I was terminated without cause
Fun environment
Very involved in getting to know about your personal life.
A lot of 1 on 1 meetings with superiors to discuss past, present, and future.

Always pressed to ask for help to achieve the highest quality of work.
Salary is low compared to a competitor in the area but the company as a whole is better. Good place to work but not much for advancement. Overall Secure is very spread out across Alberta so moving to a different plant is not difficult.
Not a terrible work environment
If you live in GP, there really isn’t a lot of room to work up the corporate ladder. If you are not in Calgary do not expect a promotion. Not a lot of job security. Salaries are not that competitive. Work environment is decent because of fellow employees.
extremely toxic work environment
extremely toxic work environment. not worth the pay you receive. people at secure Judycreek will stab you in the back to get ahead. hardest part of the job is working with people that dont care about the work.
Pros
free truck to drive to and from work
Cons
extremely toxic work environment
Awful
This is an ideal place to work if you have no morals. Secure has a code of ethics that no one clearly follows. Secure claims to care about the environment but that is the farthest thing from being true.
Most disrespectful supervision I've ever encountered.
First meeting with supervisor at Fox Creek Secure environmental land fill. We were building new cells for site operation. Was asked how long I had been with company. Told him only a few days. He flipped and went off on me about getting all the new people. Constantly gave me disrespectful grief over the two way radio from the start until I approached him about it. Did the same to others. Expected to work as labourer/heavy equipment operator. Wasn't told this when hired but was ok with it. Excavator broke down and was making efforts to repair machine and was injured while doing so. Supervisor was angry when I went to hospital to be checked out. Called me a liar and said I was faking injury. X-rays and doctor proved different. Signed agreement to stay working doing modified duties instead of being off on WCB. Went to site for first day of modified duties and was told I was in the way and my job was to sit in my personal p/u truck until I was healed and able to perform full duties again. This went on for one day and then was sent home for days off even though I wasn't close to the end of my turn around. I was told this was in my best interest to help me heal but I was to receive no pay even though I had agreed to modified duties. Completely illegal. I ended up getting WCB payment for this forced time off. Once this happened that was about the end of my job. I don't recommend this company.
it is ok to work for
it is ok to work for lot of trucks u see lot of truck driver day to day they like to come at the end of the day it is ok it get old when they come at the end day.
Slow paced but great company!
Secure is a great company to work for! Great compensation (above average) and great work benefits!
It is a slow paced environment. Very relaxed kind of job.
Was steady job .
It was a average job in the service industry. Was busy when oil was doing well but with oil going down wasn’t was busy as usual and cut back happened .
Not a good experience
At first I was impressed with all the nice words that were said about being part of a team and having each others backs, I quickly realized this was not the case and I was on my own, and so was everyone else. If you had an issue it was either ignored or over blown to defcon 5. Any attempt to bring up ways to improve is shuffled aside. Sales will sacrifice you like a lamb at the altar for a project they are barely hanging onto
Great Company to Work for
I worked at Secure for 6 years, there is a lot of great people you get to meet and work with, plus they have amazing benefits. They're a lot of events where you get to get to know even more people you work with and they also do quite a lot of fundraising/volunteering. When I first started the work load was constant and stressful, then as the economy changed I took on more work to keep myself busy and occupied.
Fun place to work till Managment changed
Secure was a great company to work for until they changed the managers. After the change it was a nightmare Managment would lie about operators creating fake incidents and constantly spying on operators as they worked
Pros
Shift schedule, good wages & benefits
Cons
Poor Managment
Management doesnt value People
Not an enjoyable place to work, poorly organized and structured, management and general culture places employees at the very bottom of the list. There is a major disconnect between the office and the field with regards to safety and policies. Most of the machines are old and well used.
Awesome people to work with and a great company overall
A great place to work with good benefits and share options. Fair with wages and holidays. Not very supportive in the way of moving up the corporate ladder, however I can only speak to the division I work in. I think it may be more obtainable in other areas.
Very top heavy in management which affects pay increases, bonuses, etc.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Secure Energy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8