Secure Energy

Secure Energy Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work but could pay more.

Seems to be alot of company politics and the pay is low for the tedious process of reclaiming orphan wellsites. Be prepared for unreasonable expectations from young subcontract supervision.

Pros

Excellent company service vehicles and equipment is well kept.

Cons

Low pay and unrealistic expectations from inexperienced young sib contracted supervisor's.

Horrible place to work don't go there

The management promises the world to their employees. But when it comes to delivering on those promises they go back on their promise or even just say they don't remember even making the promise in the first place.

Professional Work Place

Absolutely loving working at Secure Energy. Working there has allowed me to expand my knowledge and vision on what I am truly capable of. The management and safety is awesome as well.excellent teamwork and crew. felt like family. Excellent work environment.A place i cant wait to go to every morning.Good management, working hard to keep all staff united and committed.The company fully backs safety.

Pros

very good management

Cons

Good hours

Terrible Management, Zero Security

Always changes, and with the recent merger announcements there are many more to be expected. Mediocre pay, shares have been worth nothing. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Great work place

Crews are great to work with in the north! Fluid Manager was out working with the guys and training guys on the fly.. he gave opportunity when he saw I was comfortable with task. These guys are safety oriented and organized far beyond other companies I’ve been out with! Their tool room was so neat and had lots of parts so it was easy to find what was needed

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Over worked for salary position

Wasn’t great Mediocre Terrible management Terrible life balance Worked extra time , weekends with zero compensation, bonuses were based off management, so if you were not friends .... you never received it But still had to do work load , sales etc Made me quit the oilfield all together....

Pros

Truck, Salary

Cons

Long hours, no OT, no extra time off, or help, management terrible

Worst paying company in oil & gas

This company promises everything but delivers nothing. Management says they care about your future and career growth but nothing has materialized in 2 years. I am paid about 25-30% less than my other colleagues working in similar positions at other companies. Executive team has no diversity and there are almost no women in authoritative positions at this company. It's a very cliquey work environment, either you fit in or you don't, nepotism is common practice. Benefit packages are very mediocre, no vision care, no flex days. It's no surprise turnover is high, wouldn't recommend anyone working here, it's a dead-end job.

Secure

It was a great experience working for Secure. The atmosphere was phenomenal and it was not hard to advance as long as you worked hard and proved yourself worthy. A great company, filled with great people.

Decent

Decent job, hard to advance when bosses hire family, lack of motivation in the office, schedule was good, but benefits were good, paid holidays were nice

Pros

Good Schedule

Cons

Hard to advance, or get a raise

Favoritism needs to go!

When I started at Secure things were great! I got along well with my boss and co-workers and the work was reasonable. However, the system was always changing, no process could ever stay the same and things were constantly being over complicated. Consistency would have been really nice, especially since the hours were so long, 12 hour days and 1-3 hours of commute time depending on how far you were from the worksite. There is also a large amount of favoritism on smaller worksites. Family and friends are often hired, causing conflicts of interest and making those who aren't family a target for management to take their problems out on. Family and friends are also treated better overall. In my time working here, I watched management chase off multiple operators and scale desk workers, but it was never anyone from the "inner circle". The only plus is that Secure does supply great benefits.

Pros

Good health/dental benefits

Cons

Management and horrible favoritism

Good filler while looking for a good job

Thought that the company wouldn’t be a bad place since I knew a bunch of people there. Turns out, same nonsense, different name on the door. Management has the right ideas, they just don’t seem to put them in motion. Too many people here in positions they’re not qualified to be in. A number of employees are rats and will tell the office things “they’ve heard”, when really, they’ve actually left out vital parts of the story just to make you look bad.

Pros

It’s a paycheque

Cons

The project managers will screw you every chance they get, to save money and make themselves look better come bonus time.

Great Co-op Experience

I worked there for 1 year. It was an amazing experience. The workplace is very relaxed but efficient, and I got to learn a variety of new analytical techniques.

Hard working and fun company.

The company is fairly young, with a great work-life balanced environment. The company and employees treat you like family and truly care about their employees.

Excellent place to work with great people.

I would recommend SECURE Energy to a friend. Great place to work with a fun culture and smart charismatic people. Great vision of growth in the Midstream space.

easy going, great work environment.

Great work environment, guys are easy going and a pleasure to work with. A typical day of production was fairly busy which made days go by quickly. Hardest part of job was shoveling/jack hammering hardened product out of dissovlers.

Team players

Fantastic company to work for all management supervisors everyone works at it as a team no one judges you if you have questions or are not sure on how to do something there's always someone available and overall just a great team to work for

Bad experience

I had a bad experience working at Secure Energy of blatant discrimination when I became pregnant. A promotion was withdrawn before my maternity leave and it was not reinstated when I returned, forcing me to accept a lay-off package after a year of inaction. The work culture was stressful for the most part and the pay was substandard.  During my 4-year tenure, several rounds of lay-offs were conducted, so the fear of losing one's job was constantly present and it enhanced the toxicity of the work-place. I did learn a lot, however, in the fast-paced, constantly changing environment in terms of work skills and also, I came to realize what I want and what I won't tolerate from a job or boss.

Bad

Management here was terrible. They head hunted me to get my contacts Once I brought the revenue over to the company and worked very hard, I was terminated without cause

Fun environment

Very involved in getting to know about your personal life. A lot of 1 on 1 meetings with superiors to discuss past, present, and future. Always pressed to ask for help to achieve the highest quality of work.

Salary is low compared to a competitor in the area but the company as a whole is better. Good place to work but not much for advancement. Overall Secure is very spread out across Alberta so moving to a different plant is not difficult.

Not a terrible work environment

If you live in GP, there really isn’t a lot of room to work up the corporate ladder. If you are not in Calgary do not expect a promotion. Not a lot of job security. Salaries are not that competitive. Work environment is decent because of fellow employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Secure Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement