Secret City Adventures

Secret City Adventures Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews

Really fun summer part-time job, if looking for something to do on weekends

Love the job, everyone is super nice, management is chill but proper. Great for having something to do on weekends, but not the best if looking for long-time work. At least the position I have, there are opportunities for higher placements.

Pros

Super fun, great staff, amazing experience

Cons

Weekend only, late hours

Innovative

Secret City Adventures started as a single escape game that grew to many and with it so did it's staff and level of responsibility for those that worked there from the beginning. They provided us with plenty of opportunity to advance within the company and constantly evolved with the experiences they created, allowing it's employees to flex creative muscles and share ideas at every junction. Writers, illustrators, actors, people focused on business; everyone has opportunity to grow within the company. It was a great experience.

Pros

Lots of room to grow

Cons

Evening and Weekends primarily

Super Fun

Working here has been a blast. It's seasonal but it's worth it. The managements amazing and they are always willing to listen to anything you have to say. It's a judgement free zone, a very comfortable place to work. If you love acting than you'll love working for them.

Decently fun for temporary

When they do their tours, it's the best time to make some quick cash on the weekend, but unless you live in Toronto, it's not worth the investment of trying to become a member of the company's team.

Pros

Entertaining and diverse work

Cons

Rare hours, only available in Toronto

Productive and fun work environment for gamers.

I would typically help set up every round for the next escape game group. I learned how crucial every single detail can make or break an amazing experience. My coworkers were all such wonderful people to work with. The most difficult part of the job was perhaps the repetitiveness of it all. I enjoyed everything else very much.

Pros

Free escape room

Cons

Repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Secret City Adventures. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement