Second Cup

Second Cup Employee Reviews

It was overall a productive period of time. I had quite a good connection with all my co workers. I bonded well with my customers and they always tipped me. I have to really be on point and fast at working because you do not want to keep customers waiting
Pros
Free drinks while working
Cons
Cleaning was long
I didn't enjoy working there at all. I dreaded going to work every day. I wasn't treated very well there. I am glad to be gone from there. It was too fast paced for me. My manager was mean, called me names that weren't true.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Drive thru, open too late
I loved the customer interaction and making drinks. Try booking time off and it’s the end of the world, they feel like you don’t need to have a life.
Pros
Free coffee, meet new people, discount
Cons
Management is hard to deal with, lots of favouritism and too much drama
I was paid too little for all the stuff I was told to do, ordering supplies, fixing toilets, cleaning up human feces. Owners were only around to hire new staff or when their were new promotions going up. Forced to work long hours when other staff didnt show up for shifts. They also talk to other employees about you behind your back. Maybe other locations are different but I've heard the same about them as well.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Poor management
Directs and oversees on-site baristas and café staff, while coordinating with regional managers and owners on issues regarding sales and general procedures to reach effective long-term soluttion.Productively handles complaints and concerns by assessing customer needs and diffusing situations by providing refunds and promotions. Actively implements de-escalation strategies in training for other staff members.
Pros
Free coffee drinks and coffee beans with royalty points
Cons
great staff and management, with an enjoyable relaxed workplace. nice and friendly customers. stress-free work environment and reliable work force.
Second Cup Makes it easy to work there because the coffee and treats. Coffee Beans, Baked goods, overall Vibe is always beautiful. i just always wished more people knew about Second Cup.
Pros
Amazing coffee
Cons
covid closing stores
I worked for two years as a barista and gained a few responsibilities within the first 3 to 6 months. Most barista jobs include basic management tasks such as handling money, making sure that the store is respecting company standards and teaching the job to new baristas. You might also have to learn how to manage stocks and orders. Great to develop leadership, customer service and basic management skills. Unfortunately, this company works almost exclusively with a franchising system. The main issue i have occured is the poor quality of management. The head office does not obligat the owners to use a specific management set-up. One of the things that often happens with restaurant businesses is the obsession to save every peny to actually make profit.. This might include creating a work culture that is suggesting employees to not ask to be paid for the extra hours of work... As an employee, I often heard the boss saying that we are rich(the employees) because of the tip we are making. The owner also often complained about the fact that people are doing protests concerning minimum wage... The same idea of saving money off employees applies for the fact that the owners dont always hire managers or shift supervisors. This can be problematic when you are supposed to take decisions. Many situations can be unclear and you dont always have the time to call your boss or vote out the situation... You have to assume the decisions yourself and face the consequences without having the management experience, title and salary...
Pros
free drinks and big dsicounts at specific locations, $40 to $80 of tip per day in busy areas!
Cons
management is often inexistent, physical job, no insurance
It’s my first time job, I was lucky to get a good team, I enjoyed working. Flexible hours and god management. The one I worked at is serving a community so it feels like I was accepted in a group
My personal experience at second cup was great, mostly. I got in close with the franchise owners and built a healthy relationship with them. however, as a franchise, I can't say other locations are as good.
My coworkers constantly push me to be better. They teach you latte basics, coffee and tea basics, and you get cash plus debit tips. I'm not sure what other franchise locations are like since every type of management is different, but overall I love it at second cup.If you are in school I'd recommend this job, or if you have a passion for coffee. Other than that, it can get quite tedious especially if you're working full time, its repetitive and fast paced
Excellent emploi pour les étudiants : - horaire flexible - patron compréhensif et à l'écoute des besoins de ses employé.e.s - boissons gratuites lors des quarts de travail - environnement sain et agréable
working in second cup is not bad as for a first timer because you will experience how to deal with the people around you if you want to get experience being sales associate.
The people are the best part of this job; awesome staff/coworkers, loved seeing the regulars, and the location meant that I quickly made friends with other workers within the mall. Enjoyed learning new skills--although the owners are extremely strict and intimidating.
I was assistant manager then became the manager there,served coffee and food,performed interviews,did the hiring and firing of staff.Placed orders,did inventory,did up the petty cash nightly.Closed and opened the store daily.
As the title says, this is your typical customer service job. There is nothing particularly special about it other than the product you are selling. Don't expect to move up in the company since it's franchised. It's good if you're in school and trying to make money on the side.
The most enjoyable part of the work was the interaction with the customers. Another fun aspect of working at Second Cup was that I was able to try and sample the different beverages and food products.
i learned barista working in second cup is good loved preparing smoothies, lattes, cappuccinos, other drinks and also food is really fresh work culture is good multitasking is required
Everyday at work is a new experience, we get to interact with different customers as well as the amazing staff members we have. Its always a warm and welcoming environment at Second cup
Normally you start morning shift or lunch shift and do your coffee brewing and latte making HR forces too much tasks on the Manager making the employee underneath feel insecure as well
My coworkers made me feel that I am not capable of working properly. This is my first job granted and I felt that this is not the perfect workplace to start entering the workforce.
  1. Employee reviews