Second Closet

Second Closet Employee Reviews

Featured review
Second Closet selected this as a representative review
This is a one of a kind company in Toronto - you probably are not going to find anything else like it, its the business concept that every condo owner, student and business owner needs to be working with. If you are looking for growth with a business and with yourself then look no further. But be prepared to own what comes with a start up company. To be successful here you have to come with an ownership mentality and always be switched on.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Growing pains
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Second Closet is a fast growing business which is fast paced and keeps you on your toes most times. Working in their warehouse is unlike most warehouses I have worked in. I always feel included and a strong member of the team. Irrespective of my job title, I have an equal opportunity to voice out my opinions and suggestions. The managers are understanding and give you the opportunity to learn from your mistakes. The hours can get long sometimes but that comes with the nature of a start up. However, majority of my co-workers are highly committed to getting the job done, which I find is highly admirable. If you are keen on working hard, supporting a business that is heading in the right direction and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done then you should definitely come join the team.
A day in Second Closet is great. Asides from your daily routines there are new task to do everyday. Working here pushes me to be better with the skills I already have. Most of the people from all parts of the company are easy to work with and are professionals. There’s really nothing hard about working here other than you’re uncertain about your hours.
Delivery for ikea or warehouse work. Shifts will vary between the workload for the day, finishing around the evening. 30 minute break unpaid. Sometimes you have to carry heavy boxes weighing up to 100 pounds but you are 2-3 guys in the truck for help. Work phone is provided for services while your location is tracked. Generally the day past by fast on the roads. At the warehouse it can be slow.
it is a great place to work and explore where you can learn a lot of principles about supply chain environment in a fast growing business, which help in a lot of learning experience and allows to grow with the company's growth,
So far no complaints working here after 5 months. Learned quickly from my coworkers how the day to day operations work, and what is expected of me. Found myself getting into a groove pretty quickly. Happy that I have benefits which is a bonus. It is a fast paced environment, and I enjoy getting paid to work out. :)
I have been an Operations Specialist with Second Closet for almost a year now and have really enjoyed my experience to date. Every day is different form the last, keeping things interesting. Management is approachable when you have problems on the job, and are willing to help you out whenever needed. I have learned a lot about myself and my capabilities in terms of packing a truck more effectively along with driving 16 and 26 footers. It is really fun to be a part of a company that is growing quickly.
My team is great and I love to work with them. I like how we strive to use updated tools and the feeling that my work is appreciated here. Unfortunately our salaries are not competitive in the market (comparing to Toronto average) and that should be reviewed.
As a developer, my typical day at work starts with a morning standup meeting with my team. We go over the tasks we've been working on and what we are planning to do next. It's also an avenue for us to raise and discuss issues we encounter. For the rest of the day, I spend most of my time on dev work - implementing new features or fixing the odd bug here and there. There may be some code reviews or meetings interspersed depending on our sprint goals and deadlines. I would say the workplace culture is open, accepting, fun, and supportive. As expected of a startup in hyper-growth mode, things can get a little hectic and intense sometimes but everyone is always willing to pitch in and help the business achieve its goals. Management seems like they have a vision that is ambitious but also tempered by sensibility and prudence. Some of the processes we have in place could use some improvements but due to the nature of a startup, things are always shifting and changing so this is something that we gradually adapt to and improve upon. The hardest part of my job is balancing sprint goals, client expectations for certain features, and trying to implement or introduce new processes that can make us more effective and efficient. The best part of my job is the work, the growth, and the mission the company has embarked on.
Second Closet is a growing startup with open management culture. It is an interesting place for you to try all kinds of product from B2C to B2B to internal tools. Since it's a growing company, it is in the transition of structuring process. It's suitable for people who are self-motivated, flexible and open minded. The management team are open to chat and helpful. As a new joiner, I feel comfortable working with them directly. The workplace culture is good. My team head always tries to make some virtual activity for us to participate to build relationship. Teammates are helpful in giving feedback to improve works.
A startup with pretty fast-paced environment, company keeps expanding. People I work with are nice, willing to help one another. A place I would recommend!
Great place to work. Lots of challenging problems to tackle. The impact of your work is immediately felt across the company. Everyone on my team is always looking to improve and feels like a safe space to voice my opinions.
My work is currently 100% remote. Since starting, I've expanded my knowledge of the industry, as well as startup ecosystems by 500%. Management is good and driven. Workplace culture is as good as it can get in a remote environment! The best part of my job is the rewarding feeling of making a real difference for the company.
Second Closet is a wonderful place to work at, especially if you are early in your career. There is tremendous opportunity for growth, as the environment is very fast-paced. The only caveat to that is if you want to grow in your role, don't expect to do just the bare minimum. Putting in the extra time will help you reach your career goals. The company will recognize and reward your continued effort. The management goes the extra mile in maintaining the integrity of the team. They strive to onboard people who are smart, passionate, hardworking and who overall have a positive attitude. The team is supportive and great to work with when solving complex problems. The workdays are flexible and management is accommodating, so long as your asks are reasonable. Overall it has been a rewarding experience and I feel lucky to be part of the team!
It's a great place to work. You feel valued for the work you do. There are some great opportunities to learn and grow within the company to develop new skills.
Second Closet is a fast pace start up company with the drive to succeed. Its employees work hard and own their role within the company. If you are looking to gain experience and progress with your skills this is a good place to learn.
If you come into Second Closet with positivity and the understanding that a young company needs people who are adaptable and willing to go above and beyond, the potential for advancement and growth within the place is second to none. This is going to be an extremely successful company within a short span of time, it already is really, and as it grows you have an opportunity to grow with it. There will be stressful days on the way to that point, but the team is supportive, collaborative and you can really find a home here.
Pros
Rapid growth/advancement, competitive pay, responsive management
Cons
Long hours, occasionally stressful conditions
Second Closet is a young company with endless potential. What makes it such a wonderful place to work in is its people. Everyone I have interacted with so far are not just friendly, kind, intelligent and welcoming, they are also passionate about the work they do, truly believe in the potential of the company and are highly committed to taking the company to the next level. Despite working remotely from the time of hire, it has not once come in the way of having an open channel of communication with anyone in the company. That says a lot about how approachable, transparent and responsive they are. Have absolutely enjoyed working here so far!
Love working at this company the owners Mark and David are great and are really hands on with the company and all the employees. The workplace atmosphere is professional and organized.
Pros
Benefits, good hours
Second Closet is a very fast growing company. Recently joined on and have enjoyed the fast pace nature of the place and learned a ton already. As with any new company there is a learning curve, still lots of kinks to work out in their system which can be a headache sometimes, but setting a foundation for real success. Growth with this company is limited only by yourself.
Pros
Co-workers, communicaiton, management
Cons
Long hours.
Second closet is a great place to work if you want to test yourself physically and mentally! Since it's a start up you are learning new things each day which are real good life lessons. Yes the hours can be long sometimes but the experience you get from working here is amazing. The company is the best I have ever worked for as it has amazing growth opportunities and really gives you all the tools to improve yourself.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
physically demanding on some jobs
  1. Employee reviews