Was laid off one day before the first launch and 2weeks before Christmas. Their is no leadership from the top to the bottom. If you speak up for what's right and work hard and know what you are doing you get demoted or fired laid off.if management listened to the trades right from the get go they wouldn't be bleeding money from all the rework they have to do not once not twice not even three times redoing what week engineering they have.Why would anyone in their right mind want to work for this company they tell the workers what they want to here and they keep all the yes men and women and the workers with years and years of experience they run out of the yard.Seaspan is a very toxic environment to work in .Management has know clue what it takes to build ships. In the end seaspan shipyard north Vancouver will be the best maintenance facility in the world .
I wouldn’t go back to seaspan unless they get rid off all the lazy rugulars that they have there. Seaspan is losing so much money from all the seniority there.
I had completed my contract with HEPP and had to go to Bombay for a personal commitment for more than a month.
- What would you suggest Seaspan ULC management do to prevent others from leaving?5 people answered
- What was the most challenging part of your role at Seaspan ULC?3 people answered
- What do they pay for a Journeyman welder?2 people answered
- What is the dress code at Seaspan ULC?One person answered
- How much does a safety advisor make?One person answered
- What kind of benefits do they offer? is there a pension?One person answered
- What is the interview process like at Seaspan ULC?One person answered
- What are the perks offered by Seaspan ULC?One person answered
- What is the education of someone in Human Resourses?One person answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Seaspan ULC? What are the steps along the…One person answered