SEASONS RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES Employee Reviews

New Management
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB18 October 2018
Seasons is under new management and improving everyday. All the staff members are super friendly and the residents are all a joy to be around. 10 out of 10 would recommend applying for a position here. Great community.
All the staff members are amazing and the culture is great makes it easy to come to work.
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Ponoka, AB11 October 2018
When i come into work i feel welcome. Working at seasons has taught me time management. The management here at seasons is amazing they are all understanding and if there is an issue they address it right away. The only issue i struggle with is we do not have enough staff to complete all residents needs in time. Most staff get stressed out and feel like we are non stop running to get stuff done. Even with these small issues i love going to work and i enjoy work a lot.
Pros
The people
Cons
not enough staff for the amount
12 October 2018

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I am glad to read that you feel welcome at Seasons and that you love your work! I will personally follow up on your feedback about feeling short staffed, as valuable insight from our team members helps us grow and improve as an organization.

While it is true that our sector is experiencing a worker shortage, in some instances, implementing a simple but thoughtful revision to workflows can positively affect our team members. Thanks again.

Productive and a Fun Workplace
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 October 2018
The workplace culture at Seasons is great. You learn a lot about the business and how operations focuses on homes and residents. The staff is great to work with.
9 October 2018

Thank you for your positive review!

Employee Services

Easily the best company I've worked for
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 October 2018
I'm about 10 year out from my college graduation, and personally, Seasons is the best company I've worked for, by a country mile. The reasons that contribute to this, are the work/life balance, and the culture that Seasons Employs.

I do feel that advancement, for my role personally, is limited, however, this is not terribly concerning to me at this point in my career. The other benefits outweigh this negative for me.

I am also very pleased with my direct management, and the upper level management, everyone is very accommodating to emergencies, and I feel that they truly care about me as a person, not just an employee.

I've worked for large companies, where benefits are worse, pay is worse, and management doesn't even know your name...this is far from that.

I also feel that Seasons management would help me get to where I want to go professionally. If I wanted to change gears to a new role, and there was an opportunity, I feel that they would encourage and help me get to that. This is particularly rare, as this is the exact reason I left my previous employer.

The bottom line: Is it perfect? of course not, but I enjoy coming to work everyday, for both the work I get to do, and the people I get to see, and, I know if I work hard, I will be rewarded.
9 October 2018

Thank you for your review! I loved reading that you feel Seasons is the best company you have worked for and I'm glad that you feel supported by management. Your feedback is appreciated.

Hands down best place I ever worked
Director (Current Employee) –  support office5 October 2018
I currently work at the support office. I have over 30 years experience in the senior living industry and I can say hands down that this is a great place to work. While growing pains exist in most companies who are expanding the leadership from the top has always remained focused on our residents and investment in staff growth, education and support. This company is excited about innovation and a person centered approach to seniors care. The investment in employee education has surpassed what I have seen in most senior living organizations. When I began my career with Seasons I became seriously ill, this organization's level of empathy and support to me was more than I could have ever expected. This is a sincere review and truthful to my experience. If you want to make a real difference in a seniors life and grow personally and professionally give Seasons a try.
Pros
staff education/nimble and flexible when needed
9 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience at Seasons. I'm glad you feel supported personally and professionally. We appreciate your comments and your contribution to our organization.

Great Work environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 October 2018
I have been with them for almost a year, the company atmosphere is very welcoming. Staff are friendly and helpful. Work life & Personal life are well balanced.
I can see that they invest in their employees and that there are opportunities to grow with the company. Salaries would need to be raised to catch up with market limits.
Overall, I love my work experience there.
Pros
Amazing Staff environment, Supportive management
Cons
Pay
9 October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy to read that you are enjoying work-life balance and that you have found the atmosphere to be welcoming and helpful. You're right- there are many opportunities to grow within our organization, as we believe in rewarding the efforts of our dedicated team members. Thanks for your feedback.

Awful, stay away
Care supervisor rpn (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON3 October 2018
Was a nurse at the home. Everything is horrible.
Management has no experience, makes rules as they go, are sketchy, don't follow their own rules, don't know what's going on, and above all, do not care about staff and care ONLY about appearances.
They are ALWAYS short staffed, call you on your days off all the time to cover shifts that no one ever wants to cover. Working short staffed is very difficult as a nurse supervisor trying to ensure everything is done correctly, even when fully staffed, the evening shift is hard to get through as so much needs to be done in so little time (especially during emergencies).
I don't recommend this job to any nurse, it is draining, not worth the little pay and bad benefits, and unrealistic expectations set on you with no gratitude from management.
ALL employees HATE their job there.
Pros
Friendly staff
4 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Feedback from our service team members, good or bad, helps us to measure whether or not we met our goals as an employer.

While I'm sorry to read you did not enjoy your time at Seasons, I must correct your bold statement that all employees hate their job: this is simply not true. We have a wonderful group of dedicated team members who love coming to work each day to make a difference in the lives of our residents.

Our wages and benefits are competitive, and while it is true that our sector is facing worker shortages, we are working diligently as a company to attract and retain exceptional service team members. I'm sorry Seasons wasn't the right fit for you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors,

Unacceptable working enviroment
Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Alberta26 September 2018
They tell you one thing at a meet and greet and it ends there. Management really does not care about the residents or staff. Staff told to get better residents to support their image. Really? How about better management. Alberta is stuck with upper management that hired school friends to be sub-managers. So you know how that goes. They have hired workers on student visas and others so unskilled its not safe. We have worked ourselves to cover for shortages while we watch a manager go early every day. We have watched management walk in and not even acknowledge people around them. Seasons "upper" management works with the bully and demean system. Don't expect respect or gratitude..... it doesn't exist. Bully, harass, demean, threaten. Yup , well seasons that will not get you anything but anger contempt and disrespect from staff. Definitely not loyalty. Clean your house seasons. Starting in Ontario management and down. Think of working here , think again. When the CEO quits, there is a problem.Notice the "nice"reviews? Planted to balance out the negative. How about the cut and paste responses? Check with employees about how they feel. Not much good here. They take more and more from residents. Sad company. Clean your Ontario house Seasons!
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
everything else, wasting your time and energy working here
27 September 2018

I see from your post that you are a former employee. I work in our Employee Services department and I personally read and respond to all reviews left here on Indeed. I'm sorry to read that you feel you had a negative experience working at Seasons.

We care very deeply about our team members and what you describe is not in keeping with our goals for a supportive work environment. I wish you had felt comfortable using one of our many channels of communication while you were still employed with us. Perhaps then we would have had the opportunity to turn your experience into something more positive - like that of most of our team members who report feeling fulfilled by their work, supported by their managers and in love with what they do.

Thank you for your review. I wish you all the best.

Employee Services

Its not a Job. Its a Community.
Resident & Guest Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 September 2018
Work life & Personal life is so important when we look for a career. Salary is not even a question when you try to have more time for your family. This company is so accommodating with my hours that I loved being with my family and work (vice-versa).

I highly recommend for job seekers to try and sit down. Have an interview with the company. Im not the type of person that relies only in reviews or hear-say. Go (have an interview or check the company itself) and experience it yourself. (The General Managers are ultra nice!)

If you have passion for helping the community and seniors. Don't hesitate to send your CV and be part of Seasons.
Pros
No such thing as free lunch? Seasons will give you Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Not enough?
Cons
None that I experience yet. I treat everything as a "grain of salt" in everywhere I work.
26 September 2018

I'm happy to read about your positive experience at Seasons. I agree; candidates should apply to Seasons today and ask us how we ensure our team members enjoy work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do.

Thank you for your review!

Welcoming environment
Resident Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON21 September 2018
I am new to the seasons team and I was welcomed with open arms. All of the staff exceeded my expectations in terms of friendliness and helpfulness. The residents have all had very positive things to say about the seasons team and I can I confidently say I am making a positive impact on their lives as an employee there; nothing is more fulfilling. Looking forward to my future at Seasons.
24 September 2018

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to read you've had a positive introduction to your new job. Welcome to the Seasons team!

A company that creates friends and family
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB18 September 2018
I have been with Seasons since their purchase a few years ago. I can honestly say I love my work, my coworkers, management and residents.

My position is very demanding but also very rewarding. There are many perks to working for Seasons and many opportunities for advancement.

This company is very rewarding in the fact that you are appreciated, working as a team and are recognized as a value to the company and not just another number filling a position.

Seasons as a company has some very great core values and a culture the ROCKS. They are very engaged and personable. They make you feel like you bring something to the table and can offer valid input.

The wages are suitable for the demographic area and we are rewarded as employees on a regular basis.

This is a fantastic company and career!
Pros
Friends, Family, Fun
Cons
Demanding work, busy
20 September 2018

Thank you for your review! I’m so glad you love working at Seasons. We appreciate your commitment to our company and to the residents you serve each day.

A Welcoming Environment
Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 September 2018
I worked for Seasons for over 2 years and always felt happy to be a part of their team. Staff created a positive working environment and truly cared for the residents. Management was accessible and quick to respond to questions. I did find the salary was more so on the lower end but it was comparable to similar positions in other homes in the area. The shifts were longer but the schedule allowed for enough to rest between rotations. There were a lot of in services and staff appreciation events held which I enjoyed. Overall, I gained great support from my manager and had plenty of learning experiences that I could add to my resume from this job. I loved to work here.
Pros
Free Lunch, Amazing Staff environment
Cons
Long shifts
20 September 2018

Thank you for your review!

I was glad to read that you were happy to be part of our team and that you loved working with us. I noticed your comment about the long shifts, and you're right, we do have some 12 hour care shifts. As you noted, we provide a longer span of days off, to ensure our team members have balance and enough time to recharge. Thank you again. We wish you all the best.

Employee Services

Meaningful Work for an amazing group of residents
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB3 September 2018
The residents are amazing, and make it a very rewarding and interesting position. I'm getting to know some amazing people - staff and residents alike. I feel supported by my co-workers and by the management team, and I feel genuinely appreciated on a daily basis.
The hours are mostly evenings & every-other weekend in my position, but it works well for me!
I have never worked in a place that staffed so many genuinely caring people - it is very refreshing and beautiful.
So far my experiences with management have been nothing but positive. It seems that most members of the management team have quite demanding roles, and experience elevated levels of stress on a regular basis. That being said... the moment it comes time to interact with residents, there is a softening that I have observed from every manager - a caring interest in improving the resident's days through personalized, genuine interactions.
I'm still getting used to the frustration people feel when dementia effects in their perception. The good weighs out the harder situations we have to deal with, by far.
Pros
Residents, activities, co-workers
Cons
None yet!
4 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I loved reading that you feel you are surrounded by genuinely caring team members, and that you feel supported by the management team. We appreciate the work you do to ensure our residents' safety and well-being!"

Employee Services

Fun, meaningful, and energizing environment for employment.
Fun Manager (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB31 August 2018
I can not tell you enough what a pleasure it is to have the opportunities that Seasons Retirement Communities have given me. The position truly is a dream come true and everyday is so fulfilling. It seems as though I start my day and then it is time to go home. Never a dull moment and I can honestly say that I appreciate how busy I have become.

This feels like home to me for so many reasons. They have the most approachable, kind, and understanding management and teams that I have ever worked with. The form of communication and way that they meet directives with everyone are second to none. Constantly evolving and improving all areas involved.

The fellow staff are so upbeat and willing to go out of their way to not only do what needs to be done go the extra mile. They provide experiences for residences that definitely make working and living at Seasons meaningful and memorable.

And the residence that we serve make me think about how blessed I have become to be influenced by this daily. The stories, the knowledge, the FUN!!!! This is a topic that I could spend days upon. We receive such wonderful feedback on a job well done.
Pros
Time spent in a meaningful environment.
Cons
Home time.
4 September 2018

Thank you for your review! I’m so happy to read that you consider your job a ‘dream come true’ and that you feel supported by management. We truly appreciate the work you do.

Employee Services

Resident & Guest Attendant, Dietary (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON20 August 2018
Not the best place to work. Management not taking care of issues that have been going on for ever. They allow certain staff to do what they want and others would get in trouble that would stand up for themselves. plus many inpropagate sexually comments
Cons
Heavy work
21 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the best care and customer service. Let me be clear that we have a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment. I encourage you to please email me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com so I can better understand your claim.

Employee Services

Could be a good workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ponoka County, AB7 June 2018
It is very disconcerning how many people have the same concerns and thoughts about their place of work. Senior Management needs to stop making excuses and pay attention...to the actual employees...they need to be in contact with the workers in order to resolve the discord resulting in such high turnover in staff.

This has the potential of being a truly great company to work for. If only someone would listen.
11 June 2018

Thank you for your review. I assure you that Seasons is very interested in hearing directly from our front line employees and care deeply about their experiences at work. Engaged service team members mean greater staff retention and happier residents- everyone wins!

We have many channels for communication including a Whisleblower policy to escalate serious matters. I encourage you to reach out to me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com. Your comments are vague and, honestly, anonymous online reviews are hard to investigate. I'm here to listen if you will please give me the opportunity.

Sincerely, Jessica

Accounts Payable Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 May 2018
Terrible managment, lovely residents.
Guest Attendant (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON2 May 2018
The residents make this job. Everyone's experience is different at Seasons. I loved my job, and was very passionate about it. Unfortuantley with the lack of structure caused my management, it makes it difficult to continue in the job role. Went through numerous managers, constantly changing rules and procedures, providing extended care for residents that do not have the proper care plans.
Also don't try and have a life outside of this job, you will loose your seniority. Management expects for you to give all of your time, be available for every shift that calls in (which is alot) and then get mad if you are not available. Constantly under staffed, high turn over rate. Training is provided sometimes from employees that have been there a while, but hardly anyone lasts 6 months, so be prepared to receive training from someone only there for a short period.
Pros
Residents, co workers
Cons
Managment, work life balance.
4 May 2018

It makes me happy to read that you loved your job and that you were passionate about it. I'm sorry this feeling did not continue throughout your tenure at Seasons. As I have said before, we expect a lot from our team members because our residents deserve the best; however, we also believe in work-life balance and creating a supportive work environment for all. We continue to dedicate resources to ensure our homes don't operate short-staffed. Our sector is experiencing a shortage of qualified workers and this is difficult for everyone. Upon hire, there are standards for training that must be met. Also, you have made some claims about care. I must remind you that you have an obligation to disclose and would encourage you to email me directly at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Employee Services

A good place to start working
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Clarington, ON1 May 2018
If your fresh out of high school or haven't had a job in a long time then seasons is right for you! along side your normal hours there are always hours to be picked up due to seasons being so short staffed. Everyone is very helpful and understanding. It's also a nice facility. the only thing that sucks is the pay.. it's one of the lowest paying job for retirement yet one of the expensive for seniors to live in.
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
pay sucks
3 May 2018

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to read that your team members are helpful and understanding, and that you believe Seasons is a nice place for our residents to live. I would like to point out that the wages at Seasons are competitive with those offered elsewhere in our sector, as are our residents' monthly rates. If you would like to discuss this further, I encourage you to email me directly at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com.

Thanks,

The 1 star sums it up
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 April 2018
Nothing good to say about this company. Treats staff bad and makes you feel worthless on a daily basis.
Do yourself a favour and find a place that at least has a little respect for the people who work there.
Pros
Residents
25 April 2018

Thank you for your review. It is our goal to create a fun, supportive environment where people love to come to work. I'm sorry to read that you feel differently. Please reach out to me directly at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com so I can better understand your concerns.

Employee Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEASONS RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES. Our community is ready to answer.