SEASONS RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES Employee Reviews

Don't work or live here
Frontline staff (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON3 January 2019
They don't care about staff or residents.
People are forced to work long hours and preform difficult duties and are paid much below the standard for said duties.
Management constantly making us work extra shifts because of low staff and huge turnover
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Asked to work extra shifts everyday
7 January 2019

Thank you for your review. At Seasons, the well-being of our residents and team members is our greatest priority so it deeply concerns me to read your claim that we 'don't care'.

If you are feeling overworked, however, I can appreciate that you might feel this way right now. The truth is, we expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the best care and service. Under normal circumstances, that should not come at the expense of work-life balance. I encourage you to speak with your direct supervisor or General Manager about your concerns.

If you don't feel you can do that, please email us at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com or access my contact information outlined in our Whistleblower policy. It is my sincere hope that we can resolve this concern for you so you can come to work refreshed and ready to make a difference in the lives of our residents.

Positive work environment
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB22 December 2018
I worked for Alberta health services for 8 years before switching to Seasons. I took a pay cut. But I didn't notice much difference in pay as I worked lots . Always shifts available. Also within 2 months of working for Seasons I was recognized by Managment and employees earning my Efficency and cares badge. Makes u feel like the work u do is acknowledged and recognized. Unlike Alberta health services. You can also jump into other positions or areas of seasons team and grow as an employee more than Alberta health. Great place of employment.
Pros
Managment. Homes
Cons
Wage
3 January 2019

Thanks for your review! I’m glad to read that you feel recognized and supported in your role at Seasons. I look forward to seeing your continued growth with us!

Love Coming To Work!!
Guest Attendant Memory Care (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON22 December 2018
First job I ever had that I enjoy coming to work. There is a great team atmosphere and the residents make work fun! I feel supported and valued and that makes the difference
Pros
Residents, co-workers, manager, free meals, fair schedule
3 January 2019

It’s awesome to hear you love coming to work each day and that you genuinely feel supported by your coworkers.

Thank you for being a part of our team at Seasons.

Meaningful work / Great Team
Care Team (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB20 December 2018
The crew at Seasons Camrose is top notch. The staff care deeply for the people they are in service to and the management cares for the residents and staff. Overall the work is hard but its very meaningful.
Pros
meaningful work. great team, management that cares. a forward thinking group of people.
Cons
care services is personal
21 December 2018

Thank you for your great feedback.

At Seasons, our vision is to Connect. Care. Change. When we take the time to genuinely connect with our residents and show them that we care, we can affect positive change in their lives – and the lives of our staff members. I'm happy to read our vision is a reality at Seasons Camrose.

Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Seasons team.

Employee Services

Poor management. Good staff.
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB18 December 2018
Workplace environment is positive, but overall the business is not run efficiently and management is not trained in proper protocol. Staff is trained in an education setting but do not get a tour of the facility at hire date and do not receive adequate hands on instruction on how to deal with safety concerns. No WHMIS training, and no understanding of MSDS.
Pros
Friendly work environment, union.
Cons
Long hours, short staff, expect way too much.
19 December 2018

I am glad to read you felt the work environment was positive and friendly! I appreciate your feedback on training and orientation. Listening to our staff is how we will grow and improve as an employer. We have a comprehensive program in place to ensure all new team members are prepared to work safely and efficiently. I am sorry if this was not your experience - we will investigate further.

Employee Services

Friendly and professional work place
Graphic Design Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 December 2018
I've been with the company for over a year now and it's been great. Friendly co-workers and a great atmosphere to be in, first time I've been happy to get up early for work!
Pros
Work with some fantastic people
Cons
Early mornings
10 December 2018

Thanks for your review. I’m so happy to read that you love coming into work each day. We’re glad to have you as part of the Seasons team!

Employee Services

lots of promises but lots of dissapointments!
Front Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON27 November 2018
cannot believe everything that transpires at this place. New leader has come in and has managed to actually make things worse. So mean, manipulative and not an effective addition to the "team" (if you can call it that). gossiping behind peoples backs is the new norm!! zero professionalism! Department managers are away all the time from work cause they are so stressed out. this then puts more stress on us front liners who have to pick up a ton of extra shifts to help cover and ensure the clients are receiving the services they should. Staff crying on a regular basis because they are overworked. and the Department managers? they never stay long- they see that the situation isn't improving, and quit. The turnover in this place is insane. have seen corporate staffers in eariler this year attempt to help and make this a better place to be but all that hard work is going in the garbage. we were so hopeful when a new person came in that this frstrating experience would stop but it has not. the people who live there love most of the staff but also dont see improvements. Heres hoping corporate staffers will come back in and assist with making this workplace better. so many of us front liners- and for that point even some of the managers try real hard and care for the seniors but I dont think the corporate staffers know what actually happens here.
3 December 2018

Employee feedback is key to our growth as an organization. Thank you for leaving a review.

Your comments are concerning as they do not describe the supportive work environment we hope to foster at each of our retirement communities. Please consider reaching out to me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com so I can better understand the situation. You can also reference the contact information in our Whistleblower Policy, if you would prefer to call or email me directly.

Awesome
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2018
Being in a leadership role currently my days are long, but that is my choice. We have a family atmosphere, and Residents and staff are engaged. Managers are not afraid to get their hands dirty, and pitch in whenever it is required.
We try to work each and everyday as a team, some days it is easier than others, but we always seem to make it through.
The hardest part of my job is sometimes having to say no, but the best part is seeing the residents get involved in our local events.

I feel very supported by the regional teams, they are always willing to help, after hours and on weekends. I am well supported.
Pros
Engaged Residents and staff
26 November 2018

I'm very pleased to hear you're happy in your leadership role at Seasons and that you feel supported by our regional teams. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to both residents and your coworkers. We know working in our sector can be challenging at times, but when teams come together to exceed our residents' expectations, everyone benefits.

Thank you for choosing to be a part of our team!

Worst place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 November 2018
the people at head office has unrealistic expectations of their staff. I have actually been told "if you want a life outside of Seasons this may not be the job for you" 10 hrs of overtime at least each week and they refuse to pay or give lieu time.
Pros
Cons
Way more than I can write
22 November 2018

Thank you for your review. I have to admit, I'm perplexed at your statement that you were told you can't have a life outside of working at Seasons. This is absolutely not a corporate message, as work-life balance is an employer principle we firmly believe in.

Furthermore, of course we honour lieu time. We simply ask that team members take their lieu time within the same pay period.

I'm sorry that you did not have a good experience at Seasons. I wish you had reached out while still employed with us so we may have taken steps to clarify these concerns for you.

I wish you all the best,

I love it!
Fun Department (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB7 November 2018
They are a great company to work with. It is a pleasure to work with the residents everyday! Our location recently went though a transition phase and a lot of turnover happened. It seems like they now have the right people in place and I enjoy working with them everyday. They encourage their staff to stop and visit with the residents, they understand the importance of quality care.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
The goodbyes
12 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to attract team members who love what they do and who want to exceed our residents' expectations.

I'm very happy to hear you love working with your team and are embracing changes with a positive attitude.

With appreciation,

A Rewarding Career with great opportunity
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON5 November 2018
I’ve been with Seasons Stoney Creek for the two years and it’s been an incredible experience to be apart of a company and a team who work together to make a difference in people’s lives. Every member of the team, management & front-line employees all work together for the well being and engagement of the residents.

They encourage growth & advancement of all employees and provide all the tools and resources necessary to succeed at your job.

I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!
Pros
Employee Engagement, Reward & Recognition, Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Team Building, Career Growth, Education & Resources
12 November 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I'm so happy to read you love what you do and feel supported in your role. We value the contributions of our team members and are so happy to hear that your team works together to provide our residents with the best care and service possible.

Thank you for choosing to work for us!

Employee Services

Such a fun, beautiful place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON29 October 2018
I've been an employee for four months and I love it here. Everyone here enjoys their job, it's such a pleasant place to work. I love coming to work each day, we are always laughing and having a good time( while stills getting our jobs done) management treats us well to, they really make you feel appreciated and happy to be there.
Pros
Pleasant place to be, everyone helps everyone out.
30 October 2018

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to read that you love coming to work each day and that you feel it's a pleasant place to work.

Thank you for the work you do each day to ensure our residents are served healthy food that they love to eat.

Manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB29 October 2018
Love Love Love my Job. I started out in the Fun department and progressed to work in another area and was able to work my way up to a manager position. This company has provided me with lots of opportunity and is willing to help and support me when needed. My co-workers are always willing to step up and help out where needed. I love being able to sit with residents for coffee and that our company is all about resident centered care. I'm proud to say I work at Seasons.
Pros
Education, Team member's support, Residents
30 October 2018

I love, love, love that you took the time to tell us how proud you are to work at Seasons!

Thank you for this feedback and for providing positive, resident-centred care in a way that makes our residents happy to call us home.

Productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide and Care (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON23 October 2018
A typical day at work for me is clocking in, getting juices prepared and taking orders. I then serve both first and second seating breakfast, lunch, or dinner. After 6:30 we strip the dining room, clean and do laundry.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
New Management
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB18 October 2018
Seasons is under new management and improving everyday. All the staff members are super friendly and the residents are all a joy to be around. 10 out of 10 would recommend applying for a position here. Great community.
30 October 2018

Thanks for your review! Glad to read that you feel there is positive change and that you feel it is a joy to work with our residents and team members!

Employee Services

All the staff members are amazing and the culture is great makes it easy to come to work.
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Ponoka, AB11 October 2018
When i come into work i feel welcome. Working at seasons has taught me time management. The management here at seasons is amazing they are all understanding and if there is an issue they address it right away. The only issue i struggle with is we do not have enough staff to complete all residents needs in time. Most staff get stressed out and feel like we are non stop running to get stuff done. Even with these small issues i love going to work and i enjoy work a lot.
Pros
The people
Cons
not enough staff for the amount
12 October 2018

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. I am glad to read that you feel welcome at Seasons and that you love your work! I will personally follow up on your feedback about feeling short staffed, as valuable insight from our team members helps us grow and improve as an organization.

While it is true that our sector is experiencing a worker shortage, in some instances, implementing a simple but thoughtful revision to workflows can positively affect our team members. Thanks again.

Great Place to Work and Live
Information Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 October 2018
I worked at Seasons Support Office for the past two Summers as an Information Services Intern through my Schools Coop program and enjoyed every minute of it. The Staff treated me very well as both a coworker and friend. I had the opportunity to visit multiple of Seasons Retirement Communities locations and loved meeting both the residents and staff that I was working to support. I would enjoy the opportunity to work here again next summer after completing another year of schooling.
Pros
Great Staff and Residents
Cons
Summer Intern (Back to school)
10 October 2018

Thanks for your review and for the support you provided our Retirement Communities this summer!

All the best this school year,

Productive and a Fun Workplace
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 October 2018
The workplace culture at Seasons is great. You learn a lot about the business and how operations focuses on homes and residents. The staff is great to work with.
9 October 2018

Thank you for your positive review!

Employee Services

Easily the best company I've worked for
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 October 2018
I'm about 10 year out from my college graduation, and personally, Seasons is the best company I've worked for, by a country mile. The reasons that contribute to this, are the work/life balance, and the culture that Seasons Employs.

I do feel that advancement, for my role personally, is limited, however, this is not terribly concerning to me at this point in my career. The other benefits outweigh this negative for me.

I am also very pleased with my direct management, and the upper level management, everyone is very accommodating to emergencies, and I feel that they truly care about me as a person, not just an employee.

I've worked for large companies, where benefits are worse, pay is worse, and management doesn't even know your name...this is far from that.

I also feel that Seasons management would help me get to where I want to go professionally. If I wanted to change gears to a new role, and there was an opportunity, I feel that they would encourage and help me get to that. This is particularly rare, as this is the exact reason I left my previous employer.

The bottom line: Is it perfect? of course not, but I enjoy coming to work everyday, for both the work I get to do, and the people I get to see, and, I know if I work hard, I will be rewarded.
9 October 2018

Thank you for your review! I loved reading that you feel Seasons is the best company you have worked for and I'm glad that you feel supported by management. Your feedback is appreciated.

Hands down best place I ever worked
Director (Current Employee) –  support office5 October 2018
I currently work at the support office. I have over 30 years experience in the senior living industry and I can say hands down that this is a great place to work. While growing pains exist in most companies who are expanding the leadership from the top has always remained focused on our residents and investment in staff growth, education and support. This company is excited about innovation and a person centered approach to seniors care. The investment in employee education has surpassed what I have seen in most senior living organizations. When I began my career with Seasons I became seriously ill, this organization's level of empathy and support to me was more than I could have ever expected. This is a sincere review and truthful to my experience. If you want to make a real difference in a seniors life and grow personally and professionally give Seasons a try.
Pros
staff education/nimble and flexible when needed
9 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience at Seasons. I'm glad you feel supported personally and professionally. We appreciate your comments and your contribution to our organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEASONS RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES. Our community is ready to answer.