Seasons Retirement Communities

Seasons Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Canada122 reviews
Stressful Workplace
There were very few employees available to help and in certain areas of the workplace, it could get a little chaotic, so you need more than one worker on base. The most enjoyable part of this volunteer experience was getting to know the seniors who lived there.
24 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for volunteering at a Seasons Retirement Community! I was glad to read that you enjoyed getting to know our residents. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to grow as an organization.
fun place to work
Seasons is a fun place to work. The residents have constantly been an real joy to interact with. Work is steady but could be stressful at times but overall a very relaxed place for staff and residents
18 March 2020
Thank you for your review and for the important work you do to keep our residents safe!

It was ok I guess
The people were great but don’t work casual or you could be out of work for up to 2 months waiting for a call when I did get a call it was to ask if I was still working there! They didn’t even know
Pros
Great people
Cons
Unreliable work hours
9 March 2020
Thank you for your review. That is a frustrating experience, I am sorry. While it's no excuse, we are transitioning a new management team at this community, which may have contributed to the confusion. Your feedback will help us ensure this doesn't happen again in the future.
Rewarding Busy Environment
It is wonderful to work at Seasons! We are a team of Kind and Cheerful people taking care of the residents in their new home . Happy co workers. If you love to be busy ( not bored at all) , If you like the chance every day to create happiness in the lives of others , this is definately an Awesome place of employ!
Managers are supportive and helpful

Amazing team environment
3 March 2020
Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We agree - being able to create happiness in the lives of others is a very special opportunity! Thank you for the work you do to bring joy to our residents each day.
Horrible, money before safety
started Nov.4 2019, fired Feb.11 2020. I thought I found my dream job. It was a complete nightmare. I was told in my interview that I was the first one called for interview. when asked about salary expectations, I low balled myself at $22 hourly just to get in the door and show what I can do. It was stated to me that it is a management position so I will be compensated as such. upon my hiring they offered $20.51 hourly salary based on 37.5 hours weekly. With hesitation, I accepted. I showed up on my first day and did computer orientation then the chaos showed. the one who hired me was on holidays It took until day 3 when i found out we didn't have a GM. I was given nothing to start. I found a tool bag and a cart, nothing more. the dining manager was the one to give me a tour of the building and find me keys. upon conversations with employees, I found out that many people were interviewed and given the job offer but refused do to the low pay for such a position. Our new part time GM started about 2 weeks later to say I am not management. I received my first pay for the first week. when it came time for my second pay there was no deposit. I waited at work that day for about 3 hours for them to bring me a $100 dollars for now just so I could get fuel to drive home. the next day they said i'm supposed to be punching in and out on the time clock. that's why I didn't get paid. I informed them I was told I was salary and nobody showed me the the time clock. it was stated I am not salary, i'm hourly. I worked long days for the first 3 weeks and only got compensated for 7.5 hours a - more...
Terrible Gm
Terrible GM and HWM always behind closed doors. GM never available for the frontline staff.Very unorganized and unprofessional. No help ever from hwm. Lots of working alone at times.
31 January 2020
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you feel as though you had a negative experience.
The situation you describe is not in keeping with our goal to foster an open and supportive work environment. Unfortunately, you did not include which location this occurred in so we can't investigate your claims. If you wish to elaborate, please reach out to me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Reanna
high paced rewarding company
More than a job - working at a property is more of a family with residents

There is purpose to what you do everyday in how you interact with residents and the reason why you do them
28 January 2020
Thank you for your positive review. I loved reading that you feel this is more than just a job, that serving our residents is our great purpose. This is a great testament to our company's values.
Thanks for sharing, Reanna
they dont know how to treat their employees
it was absolutely horrid, unreasonable, management was atrocious, they don't know how to treat their employees in bad personal situations that happen at work. definitely expects too much out of employees for how they get treated by management. I definitely would not recommend working for them. if hired don't expect much from them.
23 January 2020
Thank you for leaving a review. Your comments do not reflect our goal to create a welcoming, supportive work environment. I'm sorry you feel you had a negative experience. We wish you all the best.

Was a bad experience
I would not recommend this for anyone. i worked here for a short ammount of time and witnessed some bad stuff come from management when they need to fill in the gaps because they cant keep anyone
9 December 2019
Thank you for leaving a review. It's true; managers are expected to assist their team members whenever needed, but I am confused about your implication that we have high staff turnover in the dietary department, which simply isn't the case. If you would like to clarify your concerns, we would appreciate hearing from you at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Reanna.
Not all its cut out to be
Working here is great for experience working with the elderly. If you are looking for job advancement, go somewhere else. Everything here is by seniority as well, so it doesn't matter how hard you work, you won't get much recognition for it.
5 December 2019
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you feel you were not recognized for your efforts: As an organization, Seasons believes deeply in appreciating our team members' dedication and commitment to caring for our residents. We wish you all the best.

Great overall
I loved working at seasons. The staff were great and i loved the job. The problem was the hours. They dont give many. The majority of employees are part time.
5 December 2019
We appreciate the time you took to leave us a review! I was so glad to read that you loved the job and felt the staff were great. We do try to cross-train team interested, part-time team members to enhance their total hours; I'm sorry if this opportunity was not available at that time. We wish you success in the future!

All the best, Reanna
Horrible
They don’t care about there employees mental health , worst serving job I’ve ever had . I was a hard worker and delicated and they didn’t care about me or my feelings
13 November 2019
Thank you for your review, though I'm very sorry to read that you feel this way. I strongly disagree with your claim that Seasons does not care about its employees' mental health; We have programs in place to address mental health concerns that demonstrate the contrary. We are committed to supporting team members who show a commitment to their jobs and our company. We wish you all the best in the future.

Sincerely, Reanna
Very very bad place to work
Poor management. Treat staff badly. Always short staff. Nurses and HCA work double per shift compare to most other assistance living. Management never help staff.
Pros
Residence
Cons
Management. Work load. No values for staff
24 October 2019
Thank you for leaving a review. I'm sorry that you feel you had a negative experience. The situation you describe is not in keeping with our goal to foster a supportive work environment, or team member work-life balance. If you wish to elaborate, please reach out to me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Reanna
Decent company but low pay
Friendly, fun place to work. Low pay for the type of work. This causes some staff turnover. If the pay was higher in all departments then staff would be more inclined to stay.
23 September 2019
Thank you for your review. We appreciate feedback from our Team Members as it helps us evolve as an organization. So glad to read that you feel like it is a fun and friendly place to work! Thank you for your contributions to Team Seasons Strathroy!
Sincerely, Reanna
Bad
I loved working here. My co-workers were Great. I loved all the residents. Management however was very rude. Management sucked needless to say. I really enjoyed working here but would never work here again due to how I and others were treated and bullied by management.
Pros
Loved the residents.
Cons
Very bad management.
23 September 2019
I'm sorry to read that you had a negative experience. Your comments are concerning as they do not describe the supportive work environment we aim to foster at each of our locations. Thank you for your review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Management is absolutely 100% HORRIBLE
Pros: The residents are amazing.
Cons: The pay sucks, management is terrible, to much of a work load put on you,schedule is always changing with no notice. They don't follow there own policies. No team work.
23 September 2019
Thank you for leaving a review. Feedback is important to us and we take team members' concerns very seriously. I'm sorry that you feel you had a negative experience at Seasons. We wish you all the best.
Very poor work place
Very low pay rate for nurses than anywhere else and too much work, even though you have 5year or 10 years of experience.. some staff doesn't have any clue what they are doing..🤔
Pros
They offer food with low pay
Cons
Very low wages
15 August 2019
We are sorry you feel that way. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely, Reanna
An inviting and supportive workplace environment
Having been with Seasons Wetaskiwin for one year now, I can truly say that it's an amazing place to work. The management team is incredible. They support you as an employee whether it's regarding your experiences on shift, or difficulties at home. They are always available and willing to help. Along with management, you have the opportunity to work with outstanding people. Your coworkers make it so that you feel supported while becoming a strong team along the way. Last but certainly not least, our residents are unforgettable. The employee-resident bonds that are formed throughout all positions at Seasons are ones that create the positive, welcoming, and supportive environment. I look forward to every shift, all thanks to the amazing people who work and live at Seasons Wetaskiwin.
Pros
Amazing management and residents
12 August 2019
Thank you for your review! I am so glad that you feel supported by management at your fellow team members at Seasons. I loved reading that you have an unforgettable connection to our residents. Thank you for choosing to make a positive difference in your workplace and in the lives of the people who live with us!

Messy management
During training I was encouraged by the manager to skip the training videos and try to do the quizzes without watching the videos to speed up the process. Hands on training wasn't done with any management but with other confused workers who don’t seem to completely know whats going on.

Management only releases schedules randomly, leaving younwith little to no notice of your upcoming shifts. After they make the schedule they changehours without informing employees.

The residents are wonderful but I would stay away from this place if you are looking for job security and a place to grow with. I can see why this place is constantly looking for multiple employees. (Cant keep anyone due to work loads and low pay).
Pros
Residents. Meaningful work.
Cons
Management. Communication. Workload. Pay.
12 August 2019
I'm sorry you feel you had a negative experience at Seasons. Employee feedback is very important to our growth as an organization, so we investigated your specific claims about training and scheduling. While we may disagree with your account of what happened, we certainly appreciate the time you took to leave a review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Low hours - Poor communication from management
This place is a revolving door for employees and it's easy to see why. The management expects way more from you than reasonable due to constantly being short staffed. The pay is minimum for the job even though they boast about having competitive wages on their job postings.

I have seen management talk rudely about residents in staff only areas, but of course are always friendly to them.
Pros
Working with residents
Cons
Long hours. Low pay.
12 August 2019
Thank you for your review. We will use your feedback as an opportunity to reinforce our commitment to excellent customer service. However, we were not able to substantiate your claims about a 'revolving door' in the food service department. It is always our goal to be fully staffed with motivated, right-fit team members. I'm sorry you feel you had a negative experience. I wish you all the best.

Sincerely, Reanna
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seasons Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7