SEASONS RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES Employee Reviews

Could be a good workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ponoka County, AB7 June 2018
It is very disconcerning how many people have the same concerns and thoughts about their place of work. Senior Management needs to stop making excuses and pay attention...to the actual employees...they need to be in contact with the workers in order to resolve the discord resulting in such high turnover in staff.

This has the potential of being a truly great company to work for. If only someone would listen.
11 June 2018

Thank you for your review. I assure you that Seasons is very interested in hearing directly from our front line employees and care deeply about their experiences at work. Engaged service team members mean greater staff retention and happier residents- everyone wins!

We have many channels for communication including a Whisleblower policy to escalate serious matters. I encourage you to reach out to me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com. Your comments are vague and, honestly, anonymous online reviews are hard to investigate. I'm here to listen if you will please give me the opportunity.

Sincerely, Jessica

Accounts Payable Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 May 2018
A good place to start working
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Clarington, ON1 May 2018
If your fresh out of high school or haven't had a job in a long time then seasons is right for you! along side your normal hours there are always hours to be picked up due to seasons being so short staffed. Everyone is very helpful and understanding. It's also a nice facility. the only thing that sucks is the pay.. it's one of the lowest paying job for retirement yet one of the expensive for seniors to live in.
Pros
helpful staff
Cons
pay sucks
3 May 2018

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to read that your team members are helpful and understanding, and that you believe Seasons is a nice place for our residents to live. I would like to point out that the wages at Seasons are competitive with those offered elsewhere in our sector, as are our residents' monthly rates. If you would like to discuss this further, I encourage you to email me directly at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com.

Thanks,

The 1 star sums it up
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 April 2018
Nothing good to say about this company. Treats staff bad and makes you feel worthless on a daily basis.
Do yourself a favour and find a place that at least has a little respect for the people who work there.
Pros
Residents
25 April 2018

Thank you for your review. It is our goal to create a fun, supportive environment where people love to come to work. I'm sorry to read that you feel differently. Please reach out to me directly at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com so I can better understand your concerns.

Sincerely,

Employee Services

Seasons is a horrible place to work
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB17 April 2018
There is nothing good to say about this place they reused garbage bags from a property that had a fire. The smell of smoke lingered in all the bathrooms it took a bit to figure out where the smell was coming from...I am sure insurance all ready paid you for the bags. Cost saving idea let's take away Kleenex! Bottom line is money not people, resident or employee you are there to make them a profit.As well they neglected to inform anyone that the uniforms are their responsibility to pay for and maintain and deduct it from your pay which is illegal...I could go on!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, wages
18 April 2018

Thank you for your review. It is true, we are a business; however, I would like to assure you that our primary focus is, and will always be, providing excellent care and customer service to our residents. Your claim that we do not pay for uniforms is inaccurate. New service team members are reimbursed for their uniform(s) after passing the probationary period, and are entitled to additional uniform(s), annually. This is outlined to all new employees at the time of hire. If this was not your experience, I'm sorry - and I encourage you to email me directly at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com.

Lovely Place to work!
Graphic Design Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 April 2018
Working for Seasons has been an amazing experience. Everyone working for the company is genuinely nice and friendly. When people ask how you are, they actually care about what the response is.

When you think about working for a retirement community most think about the stigmas of retirement living, but it's very wrong to think this way. The people who work in a sector where the goal at the end of the day is to make peoples lives better and more enjoyable are people who genuinely care. This is apparent throughout the company at the employee level.

Seasons is a company that really cares about their employees, they go out of their way to find out what they can do to make your day to day/ week to week better. They invest in their employees every step of the way with educational tools for personal growth. There is the opportunity to grow with the company, but, like all things you have to ask and work for it.

Managment is very understanding and won't "throw you under the bus."

They celebrate their employees by having contests and mini celebrations for things like birthdays and International Day of Happiness. Management is quick to recognize a job well done, especially those who are not always rewarded for their efforts.

Like, let's be real, what company has a job with the title "Fun Manager" and doesn't care about you and doesn't like to have fun and celebrate things?
16 April 2018

I'm happy to read that you enjoy working at Seasons! It's our goal to create workplaces where all team members feel supported and love their job. Thank you for your review.

Waste of time, horrible management
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 April 2018
This was the without a doubt the worst job I ever had. Management has no skills, and no experience for the roles they have. You are expected to follow the rules, even though there really aren’t any, and be prepared to be shown the door. They preach a team environment but have no person in place to lead the team. No real guidelines. But if you show any experience or speak up about anything, you will find yourself in the GM’s office. They hire young inexperienced kids who they can mold into what? I’m not sure... if you have skills from previous jobs in the same field be prepared to be told not to use them. They want robots. They believe any hands to do a job are better then people who know what they are doing. I spent a year and half there. In dining be prepared to wash dishes everyday and do laundry. And don’t forget vacuuming under very tight time limits. They don’t have enough dishes to do your job, or napkins. I have never seen so many people come and go, Seasons fires people left and right, and many more quit. Management all stick together like a gang. It’s very obvious it’s them against all other staff. Management eats meals for free in front of staff and sit at tables reserved for residents to eat. Very unprofessional. No standards to be upheld.
Pros
I made some lasting friendships with residents
Cons
Everything else.
9 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review as it gives us an opportunity to reflect and improve. I assure you that we have defined qualifications and requirements for every position we hire, from managers to front line staff. We are committed to service excellence and we have dedicated extensive time, training and resources into our food services program. There's no denying that we expect a lot from all service team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. We have set routines and reasonable expectations. We aim to create a positive work environment where everyone feels supported and set up for success. I'm sorry that you did not feel this was the case in your situation.

Money hungry
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON4 April 2018
It's been a few years since I worked here but management was at a complete disconnect from front line staff. All areas of staffing were requesting increased wage to compete with the same job in different organizations. When I brought this up to the financial manager I was told, "If you don't like the wage or think you can get more elsewhere than I suggest to try that." I was gone the next week.
5 April 2018

Thank you for your review. It's difficult to comment on a situation that took place a few years ago. We have always been upfront about wages during the initial Meet & Greet process that each candidate attends. We offer competitive wages and seek to hire right-fit employees who are dedicated to delivering excellent care and customer service.

Resident Guest Attendant
HCA (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB2 April 2018
The biggest tragedy of working at Seasons Camrose is that the staff and the managers have demonized each other and have become enemies instead of part of the same team. Both parties do not seem interested in remedying the situation, and are unfortunately suffering from it.
Pros
The residents are predominantly wonderful
Cons
Incredibly negative workplace
3 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We know there is work to be done at Seasons Camrose and we are dedicated to transforming this to a supportive environment where people love to live and work. In order for positive change to occur, everyone must be willing participants. A good starting place is remembering that we share the same goal: to provide excellent care and service to our residents.

Worst Company I have ever worked for - hands down
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB27 March 2018
Upper Management for the Alberta Properties are bullies and intimidate you until you either quit or get fired - it doesn't matter how well you do your job. If they don't like you - your out. Some people that should have been let go are still working there - they turn a blind eye to many situations. This Company only cares about their bottom line - not the people (residents or staff)!! Negative comments about this Company are the new norm in this Community.
28 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We have zero tolerance for team members who bully others or who create a negative work environment. Anonymous reviews are difficult to substantiate. In order for me to investigate, I need to better understand your claims. Let me remind you that we have a Whistleblower policy in place to protect people who speak out, or you may reach out to me directly at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com.

In the meantime, I must respectfully disagree with your statement: our company cares very deeply for our residents and our service team members. We continue to dedicate great resources to improving our homes but for some people, change can be difficult. We expect a lot from our service team members. Those who are not dedicated to providing excellent care and service to our residents may find our changes difficult to accept. Please rest assured that Seasons is acutely aware of the opportunities for improvement and that we are comitted to creating a supportive environment where people are proud to live and work.

Poorly run company
Care aide (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB9 March 2018
It basically says it all when you find out how many managers this place has been through, management can’t pull it together to make this place run smoothly,unhappy staff , grumpy managers who only talk amongst themselves , many of the great workers have left and you can’t blame them, no one wants to work for people who they can’t trust and unfortunately you can’t trust any of the management,
Pros
Lunches for $2
Cons
Untrustworthy
12 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry you had a negative experience. The scenario you describe disappoints me, as it and not in keeping with our goal to create a positive and supportive work environment for all. I see that you are a current employee. We have a whistleblower and a complaints process internally to address any concerns you may have. We would like to better understand your claims - without specifics, it is difficult for us to make changes. I encourage you to please email me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com

Poor Management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB4 March 2018
I have never worked in a more unorganized place in my life, Employees concerns are not taken into consideration, Enjoy the residents but have zero respect for such a poorly run establishment, senior Management comes and holds meetings with other managers constantly but no engagement with the actual staff and refuse to meet with them to discuss concerns, Seasons senior management have zero people skills when dealing in any sort of discussion.
Cons
Voice never heard
6 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry you had a negative experience. The scenario you describe disappoints me, as it and not in keeping with our goal to create a positive and supportive work environment for all. We would like to better understand your claims - without specifics as to which home you are referring to, it is difficult for us to make changes. I encourage you to please email me at inquiries@seasonsretirement. We also have a Whistleblower policy in place, if you wish to remain anonymous.

Poor management
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB28 February 2018
The management at Camrose is unprofessional. Some Management from head office is also unprofessional, one of the ladies who runs the CARES program shouldn’t be because she doesn’t know the first thing about being kind and caring. When approaching staff she doesn’t even introduce herself or smile. The majority of staff feel they have nobody to go to when there are issues. The activities manager has been over heard humiliating and belittleing residents and still works there
Pros
Resident company
Cons
Lack of communication
1 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, as we take the care and respect of our residents and service team members very seriously. We have zero tolerance for those who contribute to a negative or hostile work environment. I want to assure you that we have internal complaints procedures that can be kept completely confidential: I encourage you to use our Whistleblower policy so we can fully investigate your specific concerns. You may also reach out to me directly at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com.

Jesscia
Employee Services

Horrible senior management style with ill guided direction (ie NONE)
Health care (Current Employee) –  Canada27 February 2018
Absolutely awful upper senior management that promised but never delivered. There was never any direction as to where the policies were and when we would get them. Awful dictatorship style driven by the senior nursing management (Ontario). Unfriendly and the constant “watch your back or we will throw you under the bus” style is not in keeping with their “connect CARE change” direction. Maybe they should take a better look at their own upper leadership team and start there with the trickle downwards. They are losing great staff throughout but they could use a top down shake up. Their delivery of the changeover in Alberta was significantly rocky and disappointing to say the least. Their care leader needs some performance management with some further education in people skills and managing style. Disgraceful how the relationship that was built with stakeholders was destroyed by a small few. Good luck with repairing what they destroyed. The regional person in Alberta needs some senior leadership experience before taking on a task this big. Simply put they cannot be trusted.
Pros
Seniors
Cons
Everything else
1 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that this has been your experience and I want you to know we take your claims very seriously. Your description is not in keeping with our goal of creating a supportive work environment that is beneficial for all service team members. I invite you to reach out to me directly so we can work to address your specific concerns inquiries@seasonsretirement.com or you may use our confidential Whistleblower policy with contact information provided on site or through your team member self service portal.

Horrible management team
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Belle River, ON27 February 2018
Cons - the managers do not care about the staff, the managers do not help when staff is short (they just sit in their offices), managers have no education and are only concerned about themselves, never donate money to the staff at Christmas ( staff never sees it), the managers bring residents into the building that should not be there ( they can't walk and they have no lifts, so they expect you to help them move), they only care about money, they try to cut corners and buy frozen food full of garbage that is not good for the residents (potatoes come pre-peeled and in some sort of preservative bath), they have a very high turnover rate, the managers never listen to the staff concerns, the managers try to intimidate the staff and threaten their jobs. The managers are so nice at first then after a few months their true colours come out. I could go on forever.... I will never work at a Seasons again.
Cons
Always short, no help from management
1 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I’m very sorry to read you had a negative experience.
You have touched on a number of different concerns, and I’d like to address them as best I can.

Our goal is to create a supportive work environment that benefits our service team members and ultimately, our residents. We hire Managers who are required to work alongside front line team members, to promote our desired team atmosphere. I assure you we have very defined qualifications and requirements for each position we hire. We are committed to excellent service and have dedicated extensive time and resources into our food services program, so as to deliver the very best culinary experience possible. We have set a ‘no-gratuities’ policy because our residents pay a monthly fee to live with us, and should not be expected to additionally tip our staff. We recognize that everyone likes to be appreciated differently, so we allow the service teams at each residence to vote on how to use their budgeted Employee Appreciation funds. It appears that this was not your experience and that concerns me. I invite you to please email me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com so I can understand the specifics of your complaints.

Employee Services

Supportive work environment and opportunity for growth
Communications (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 February 2018
Initially started as an intern to complete a school requirement - at the end of 12 weeks, was offered FT employment with the company. I'm very happy in my current position and am thankful Seasons offers employees the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Positive work-culture and supportive upper management team
27 February 2018

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoy working at Seasons. Your experience is a great example of how we strive to support the career goals of dedicated team members and develop opportunities for their professional growth.

Extremely Happy
Concerige (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 February 2018
I have worked for Seasons since 2016 and I love my job. I love my position working as concierge interacting with Residents, Staff and Families. I feel this isn't a job more like a family of our own. I feel such pride everyday helping others and being with a company that supports #1 our Residents.
Pros
The team & residents
Cons
my commute but it's worth it
22 February 2018

I’m so glad to hear you love working at Seasons and that your community feels like a family! We appreciate the care about and support you give our residents. Thank you for your review.

Wouldn't work anywhere else
RGA Care attendant (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON17 February 2018
Seasons Retirement is one of the best communities I have worked for. The team is a family and management really supports everyone. I am proud to wake up every morning and go to work. We have alot of fun together and the Residents are amazing. I couldn't see myself working anywhere else.
Pros
You wake up with a smile that you get to work with amazing people
You feel like you made a difference every day
RGA (Current Employee) –  Ontario17 February 2018
I've worked in both dietary and care at Seasons and I love what I do everyday. The residents make me smile all the time. It can be hard work sometimes depending on how the day goes but its all good cuz you're surrounded by colleagues who really care. Management does what they do but it is easy to talk to them and will jump in and help. When you push they notice and thank you. The best part of the job by far is the residents and working with a team that really wants to make them happy.
Pros
Working with the residents and PT benefits!
Cons
Some days can be really hard when theres a lot going on
Some staff great but others...........yikes
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Belle River, ON13 February 2018
Would NOT recommend working here. You’ll work your butt off for minimum wage. You’ll do the dining room (setting up,clearing , resetting and clearing plus dishes and preparing the plates and I can’t forget laundry)
You’ll make more money serving in a restaurant where you also get tips. There is also someone doing the dishes in a restaurant and your plates are all set to go. Just told to clear that table last and with gloves. No thanks you......I don’t need to bring this home
Lots of new management/staff
Pros
Some residents super nice
15 February 2018

I’m very sorry to hear that this was your experience at Seasons. It is true: we expect a lot from our service team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. Our wages are competitive and in keeping with the standards of our sector and the markets we operate in. We have set a ‘no-gratuities’ policy because our residents pay a monthly fee to live with us, and should not be expected to pay additionally at each meal. Having said that, your experience is not in keeping with our team-based culture and I regret that you did not feel supported in your role. We will use your feedback to continue to make improvements to our employee experience.

Employee Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEASONS RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6