Seasons Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Poor workplace and bad pay
Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON18 March 2019
If you are a PSW or Nurse, DO NOT WORK at Seasons, especially in Amherstburg. I have never worked for such poor management and corporate policies. Management (especially the Health and Wellness manager at this location) will expect far more than what is a reasonable workload. Any concerns that you voice related to your safety or job description will be met with complete indifference. Management creates a work place culture of unfairness, intimidation, and harassment. There is virtually no job security and any opportunities that open for promotion are given to external hires. The high turnover rate for care staff will speak for itself as you watch multiple PSW's and nurses be pushed to the breaking point, they will ultimately quit or be cruelly fired. A PSW makes just slightly higher than minimum wage, and nursing pay is one of the lowest in the industry. If you do find yourself brave enough to apply to care staff, you have been warned. You won't last long, management will make sure that you do not.
20 March 2019

Thank you for your review. Respectfully, I must challenge a number of your claims. First and foremost, safety is something we take very seriously at Seasons. As far as our wages go, they are competitive in the Retirement Community sector and in their given market places.

As I have noted in past review responses, it is absolutely our goal to create supportive work environments where team members feel they have work-life balance and love coming to work every day. This is good for our business and good for our residents. At the end of the day, Seasons expects a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best - we won't apologize for that. I am sorry Seasons was not the right fit for you.

I wish you all the best.

No work/life balance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON11 March 2019
Management expects you to be available at the drop of a hat and doesn't care about your health. I essentially lost my job because I suffer from anxiety.
12 March 2019

To be clear, Seasons takes mental health issues very seriously. We support our team members when they require assistance and we always try to work towards reasonable outcomes.

Thank you for your review - I was sorry to read that you feel you had a negative experience. We wish you all the best.

Employee Services

Residents are great managment awful
HCA (Former Employee) –  High River, AB6 March 2019
If you want to go home stressed out and worried about the residents, by all means work here. The management are underqualified and switch often (including HR, GM). They don't care about their staff and consider them easily replaced, residents needs are not being met. They foster an environment of mistrust and the in fighting between staff is completely out of hand. This fighting is being caused by pitting staff against each other.
Pros
residents amazing
Cons
Staff dont matter at all
7 March 2019

We expect a lot from our team members because our residents deserve the best care and customer service. We aim to engage and retain long-term team members: We know this consistency is better for our residents and our business. However, if Seasons is not the right fit for someone, we support that person's decision to find their happiness elsewhere.

Your comment about pitting staff against one another is not in keeping with our goal for a supportive and inclusive work environment. Feedback from our team members helps us grow as an organization. If you would like to expand on that observation, I encourage you to email me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com. If not, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Employee Services

Unstable work environment with uneducated management.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  High River, AB24 January 2019
Unstable work environment with uneducated management.

You never knew if your management would be there the following day, because the turnover was constant. Management was uneducated in client care, and typically very unsupportive to the staff.
28 January 2019

Our goal is to create a supportive work environment that benefits our service team members and ultimately, our residents. I assure you we have very defined qualifications and requirements for each position we hire, and that there are standards for job training that must be met. I'm sorry to read that you feel you had a negative experience. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Jessica,
Employee Services

Trenton management is a joke!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Trenton Ontario22 January 2019
My niece worked there for a year and management and manager there is nothing shy of ignorant!Steer clear of this place.If you want to work for a poorly run favility and never have room for growth then perfect spot to be!This place is nothing shy of a mess.
Pros
The residents are amazing and very great to work for
Cons
The manger is ignorant and you are treated like a third class citizen!
24 January 2019

I'm sorry your niece feels she had a negative experience at Seasons. We wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

Great environment
Activities Attendant (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON21 January 2019
Seasons is a great place to work. All of the staff and the residents are super friendly. I was only working here for about 2 weeks (part time work) before I had people coming up to me saying my name like they knew me when I had never even talked to them.
Pros
Friendly staff and residents
22 January 2019

Thank you for your review! It makes all the difference when our team members feel positive about coming to work each day.

We're happy to have you as part of the Seasons team and appreciate your feedback.

Don't work or live here
Frontline staff (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON3 January 2019
They don't care about staff or residents.
People are forced to work long hours and preform difficult duties and are paid much below the standard for said duties.
Management constantly making us work extra shifts because of low staff and huge turnover
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Asked to work extra shifts everyday
7 January 2019

Thank you for your review. At Seasons, the well-being of our residents and team members is our greatest priority so it deeply concerns me to read your claim that we 'don't care'.

If you are feeling overworked, however, I can appreciate that you might feel this way right now. The truth is, we expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the best care and service. Under normal circumstances, that should not come at the expense of work-life balance. I encourage you to speak with your direct supervisor or General Manager about your concerns.

If you don't feel you can do that, please email us at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com or access my contact information outlined in our Whistleblower policy. It is my sincere hope that we can resolve this concern for you so you can come to work refreshed and ready to make a difference in the lives of our residents.

Positive work environment
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB22 December 2018
I worked for Alberta health services for 8 years before switching to Seasons. I took a pay cut. But I didn't notice much difference in pay as I worked lots . Always shifts available. Also within 2 months of working for Seasons I was recognized by Managment and employees earning my Efficency and cares badge. Makes u feel like the work u do is acknowledged and recognized. Unlike Alberta health services. You can also jump into other positions or areas of seasons team and grow as an employee more than Alberta health. Great place of employment.
Pros
Managment. Homes
Cons
Wage
3 January 2019

Thanks for your review! I’m glad to read that you feel recognized and supported in your role at Seasons. I look forward to seeing your continued growth with us!

Love Coming To Work!!
Guest Attendant Memory Care (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON22 December 2018
First job I ever had that I enjoy coming to work. There is a great team atmosphere and the residents make work fun! I feel supported and valued and that makes the difference
Pros
Residents, co-workers, manager, free meals, fair schedule
3 January 2019

It’s awesome to hear you love coming to work each day and that you genuinely feel supported by your coworkers.

Thank you for being a part of our team at Seasons.

Meaningful work / Great Team
Care Team (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB20 December 2018
The crew at Seasons Camrose is top notch. The staff care deeply for the people they are in service to and the management cares for the residents and staff. Overall the work is hard but its very meaningful.
Pros
meaningful work. great team, management that cares. a forward thinking group of people.
Cons
care services is personal
21 December 2018

Thank you for your great feedback.

At Seasons, our vision is to Connect. Care. Change. When we take the time to genuinely connect with our residents and show them that we care, we can affect positive change in their lives – and the lives of our staff members. I'm happy to read our vision is a reality at Seasons Camrose.

Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Seasons team.

Employee Services

Poor management. Good staff.
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB18 December 2018
Workplace environment is positive, but overall the business is not run efficiently and management is not trained in proper protocol. Staff is trained in an education setting but do not get a tour of the facility at hire date and do not receive adequate hands on instruction on how to deal with safety concerns. No WHMIS training, and no understanding of MSDS.
Pros
Friendly work environment, union.
Cons
Long hours, short staff, expect way too much.
19 December 2018

I am glad to read you felt the work environment was positive and friendly! I appreciate your feedback on training and orientation. Listening to our staff is how we will grow and improve as an employer. We have a comprehensive program in place to ensure all new team members are prepared to work safely and efficiently. I am sorry if this was not your experience - we will investigate further.

Employee Services

Friendly and professional work place
Graphic Design Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 December 2018
I've been with the company for over a year now and it's been great. Friendly co-workers and a great atmosphere to be in, first time I've been happy to get up early for work!
Pros
Work with some fantastic people
Cons
Early mornings
10 December 2018

Thanks for your review. I’m so happy to read that you love coming into work each day. We’re glad to have you as part of the Seasons team!

Employee Services

A terrible employer that is only concerned with profits
Employee (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB6 December 2018
Inexperienced Senior Management that only care about their bonuses run this company. They treat both employees and patients poorly.

If you can avoid it DONT WORK HERE
Pros
They make it sound like such a great place
Cons
Its not a great place
lots of promises but lots of dissapointments!
Front Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON27 November 2018
cannot believe everything that transpires at this place. New leader has come in and has managed to actually make things worse. So mean, manipulative and not an effective addition to the "team" (if you can call it that). gossiping behind peoples backs is the new norm!! zero professionalism! Department managers are away all the time from work cause they are so stressed out. this then puts more stress on us front liners who have to pick up a ton of extra shifts to help cover and ensure the clients are receiving the services they should. Staff crying on a regular basis because they are overworked. and the Department managers? they never stay long- they see that the situation isn't improving, and quit. The turnover in this place is insane. have seen corporate staffers in eariler this year attempt to help and make this a better place to be but all that hard work is going in the garbage. we were so hopeful when a new person came in that this frstrating experience would stop but it has not. the people who live there love most of the staff but also dont see improvements. Heres hoping corporate staffers will come back in and assist with making this workplace better. so many of us front liners- and for that point even some of the managers try real hard and care for the seniors but I dont think the corporate staffers know what actually happens here.
3 December 2018

Employee feedback is key to our growth as an organization. Thank you for leaving a review.

Your comments are concerning as they do not describe the supportive work environment we hope to foster at each of our retirement communities. Please consider reaching out to me at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com so I can better understand the situation. You can also reference the contact information in our Whistleblower Policy, if you would prefer to call or email me directly.

Awesome
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2018
Being in a leadership role currently my days are long, but that is my choice. We have a family atmosphere, and Residents and staff are engaged. Managers are not afraid to get their hands dirty, and pitch in whenever it is required.
We try to work each and everyday as a team, some days it is easier than others, but we always seem to make it through.
The hardest part of my job is sometimes having to say no, but the best part is seeing the residents get involved in our local events.

I feel very supported by the regional teams, they are always willing to help, after hours and on weekends. I am well supported.
Pros
Engaged Residents and staff
26 November 2018

I'm very pleased to hear you're happy in your leadership role at Seasons and that you feel supported by our regional teams. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to both residents and your coworkers. We know working in our sector can be challenging at times, but when teams come together to exceed our residents' expectations, everyone benefits.

Thank you for choosing to be a part of our team!

Worst place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON21 November 2018
the people at head office has unrealistic expectations of their staff. I have actually been told "if you want a life outside of Seasons this may not be the job for you" 10 hrs of overtime at least each week and they refuse to pay or give lieu time.
Pros
Cons
Way more than I can write
22 November 2018

Thank you for your review. I have to admit, I'm perplexed at your statement that you were told you can't have a life outside of working at Seasons. This is absolutely not a corporate message, as work-life balance is an employer principle we firmly believe in.

Furthermore, of course we honour lieu time. We simply ask that team members take their lieu time within the same pay period.

I'm sorry that you did not have a good experience at Seasons. I wish you had reached out while still employed with us so we may have taken steps to clarify these concerns for you.

I wish you all the best,

Adequate
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  High River, AB20 November 2018
Its a good place to work for the most part, been working here for just about a year and I still say to the new people "it's the most disorganized place I have ever worked at"
21 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm glad to read you feel we are a good place to work, but I am concerned about your comment that it is disorganized. I wonder if you could please reach out at inquiries@seasonsretirement.com so I can better understand the situation? Alternatively, if you would like to call or email me directly, please reference the contact information in our Whistleblower policy.

Employee feedback is very important to us at Seasons, as it helps us grow as an organization.

I love it!
Fun Department (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB7 November 2018
They are a great company to work with. It is a pleasure to work with the residents everyday! Our location recently went though a transition phase and a lot of turnover happened. It seems like they now have the right people in place and I enjoy working with them everyday. They encourage their staff to stop and visit with the residents, they understand the importance of quality care.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
The goodbyes
12 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to attract team members who love what they do and who want to exceed our residents' expectations.

I'm very happy to hear you love working with your team and are embracing changes with a positive attitude.

With appreciation,

A Rewarding Career with great opportunity
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON5 November 2018
I’ve been with Seasons Stoney Creek for the two years and it’s been an incredible experience to be apart of a company and a team who work together to make a difference in people’s lives. Every member of the team, management & front-line employees all work together for the well being and engagement of the residents.

They encourage growth & advancement of all employees and provide all the tools and resources necessary to succeed at your job.

I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!
Pros
Employee Engagement, Reward & Recognition, Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Team Building, Career Growth, Education & Resources
12 November 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I'm so happy to read you love what you do and feel supported in your role. We value the contributions of our team members and are so happy to hear that your team works together to provide our residents with the best care and service possible.

Thank you for choosing to work for us!

Employee Services

Such a fun, beautiful place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON29 October 2018
I've been an employee for four months and I love it here. Everyone here enjoys their job, it's such a pleasant place to work. I love coming to work each day, we are always laughing and having a good time( while stills getting our jobs done) management treats us well to, they really make you feel appreciated and happy to be there.
Pros
Pleasant place to be, everyone helps everyone out.
30 October 2018

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to read that you love coming to work each day and that you feel it's a pleasant place to work.

Thank you for the work you do each day to ensure our residents are served healthy food that they love to eat.

Employee Services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seasons Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.