Sears Employee Reviews

Sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2018
I loved working at Sears. Thought I would retire from there unfortunately the company closed down and I no longer had a job. I was also on the health and Safety committee.
Pros
Met wonderful people
Cons
Lost my job
Unprofessional Place of Employment
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Terrible Management, Company was not forward thinking which ended abruptly. Staff was not treated with respect and new management was unheard and asked to go with the current flow of Sears.
Fun work place while it lasted
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
You work hard everyday and you were rewarded and everyone was treated as equals. You were always proud of your work and accomplishments and you were recognized by your peers during meetings.
Pros
You were always trusted to complete job tasks
Cons
short staff
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  9501 Highway 5028 February 2018
The staff is really easy going, like to get things done without hassling anybody. Managers seemed to like me within the first week of working based on how productive I was.
Pros
Staff is easy going
Cons
Unorganized
good place to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills, ON28 February 2018
the place was relly good. the employee were helpful. i learned how to overcome my shyness. and i learned how to be patient with others. very safe to work in. the hardest part is long time. the most enjoyable part was helping others when they needed the most.
sears is closed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 February 2018
Sears is no longer around it closed it doors January 14 2018.Many years ago it was a good place to work. But you could see it changing over the years.It is a shame
Pros
Staff was good
Cons
no hours
Fair work place
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 February 2018
Sears was a good experience, loved working there when I started over the years it did get a little harder to appreciate. There was lack of communication between managers and employees. As far as the job itself went I enjoyed it, it was fun merchandising. Co workers were great.
Cons
no incentives, no raises, no perks
to bad bankrupt
Material Handler (Logistic Systems Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 February 2018
great staff. to bad that was not able to last, as was a long time canadian business. bad media exposure this past year due to bad business practices.
Sears Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 February 2018
Due to the fact that Sears was under construction. and then it went into bankruptcy the atmosphere was intense. The management was hectic; however, my coworkers made it worth while. It was a great experience, I learned how to work in a high-pace environment. I also learned to work with difficult customers, and make the best of the situation we were all in.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Mangement
Horrible Working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
The management was horrible. The management was unorganized and didnt have respect for their employees nor their management team. Very toxic environment filled with old angry people.
Lots of great times with my co-workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southgate Mall Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
Working at Sears was a family.The staff worked together to make every shopping experience wonderful for our customers.That was always number one, looking after the customers.
I learned that acknowledgment of the customers was so important to want them to shop at Sears.
It was a fun place to work.l loved when little children came to the store.To see their excitement.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Trying to keep the floor clean while helping customers.
Sears at one point in time was a good place to work.
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 February 2018
Sears is no longer in operation but at one point in time Sears was a good place to work. They had employee paid benefits paid sick days. They were very family oriented. They had family picnics and christmas parties. Immediate management was very good to work for. There was always different jobs to learn.
Cons
closed
Hours were good; customers were great
Catalogue Associate, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK26 February 2018
Training was non-existent; Management was inefficient

Co-workers for the most part were good

I was dismissed just prior to the company shutting down
Pros
Hours
Closed
Commission Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2018
The job was fine, but due to the mismanagement of the company by supervisors (at all levels) and shareholder greed, they are no longer a viable company
reason the location was great
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  hwy 50 and castlemore ,Vaughan, ON24 February 2018
close to home work location. But as Sears went under via court findings or took the Usa way out and did not look into the best interest of the Canadian people who worked for them. All employees
are out of work for there bad decision making financial moves.
Pros
steady hrs
Cons
constant hrs until comp closed .
It was a good starting experience and learning as well.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 February 2018
- I use work in warehouse and customer help desk.
- I learned to handle the problems of customer and solve it as per my knowledge.
- The management was very motivating and helpful.
- Working environment was really good as per my experience.
- I use to work in warehouse also so o some days I had to pck heavy stuff and hand it over to customer.
- Every saturday there use to be a small treat from the management and everyone use to enjoy a lot.
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater London22 February 2018
It was fun time working at Sears in both locations , moreover the management were kind . Working at the bank is my best job especially dealing with customers.
Great place to work while it was open
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 February 2018
It was a fast paced environment engaging customers, qualifying sales leads and closing business. It was a great place to work as they always put the customer first and had amazing customer service.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Management put company into bankruptcy
inventive
Visual Presentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
attend morning sales meeting. motivate staff to acheive daily sales goals and visual for the day. discuss props and display fixtures for the week. Lack of attendace from staff was a challenge.
Sears
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON21 February 2018
It was a great experience, I learned many new skills though helping customers, and being positive. The hardest part was dealing with non cooperative customers, but that taught me patience and good thinking skills.